Zen Photon Pro- Preorder | 1040Wh UL Certified battery | 500W nominal/900W peak power Torque-sensing motor w/ Throttle | USD 2999 | CAD 3999

Totally disagree, but as we know colors and looks are a matter of taste :)
Ha, ha ... love it! As they say, "Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks!"

The only reason I mentioned it was because, on my low-step, the occasional bump on the frame during a pass-thru with a rubber sneaker leaves a black scuff mark on the "matte-ish" white paint that isn't always the easiest to remove. My thinking is, a glossy texture is less likely to do so. That, and of course, it's easier to blame the paint than my own clumsiness.

Ha, ha ... love it! As they say, "Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks!"

The only reason I mentioned it was because, on my low-step, the occasional bump on the frame during a pass-thru with a rubber sneaker leaves a black scuff mark on the "matte-ish" white paint that isn't always the easiest to remove. My thinking is, a glossy texture is less likely to do so. That, and of course, it's easier to blame the paint than my own clumsiness.
You need to consciously dismount... took me a little while to get the hang of it.

Perhaps I'm ignorant on the subject... But that sounds like a load of ***
Belts used in cars and things such as snow blowers and so on don't require a special tool. Remove the sag and have a certain amount of flex from straight and roll on.
Belt tension is not rocket science.. That is unless you plan on riding to the Mars
I have a guy at work that has had Gates belt drive bikes, not ebikes, since they came out. He has over-tightened the Gates belt and it beat the crap out of the rear sprocket/cog. Then, the belt was to loose and it skipped and messed a belt tooth up. He rides everyday, rain or shine, on a 20 mile commute each way. He carries the Gates belt tool in his tool kit.

Harley uses a primitive belt tension system but it works pretty good. I had a Buel and it worked fine. My wife had a Can-Am Spyder and that belt tension had to be 100% perfect or a $700 repair bill will visit really quick! Snowblowers and car belts are usually self tension with a spring or hydraulics.

I'll use the correct Gates tool. Flats happen.

I hope this image provides a more vivid visualization of the color scheme.
High-Viz green accents are for visibility at night.

The motor is 500W nominal but running at 52V, goes upto ~950W peak power. Physical hardware wise, there is no difference between US and Canada motors.
For the US market, the controller allows upto 20A, so, most of the time it is howring around 750W (roughly ~15A).
Where as for the Canadian market, it is limited to 32kmph or 15A controller current.

View attachment 170800
I'm confused. The order page for the Zen Photon Pro at 2999 USD shows a rear rack that has been mounted on the bike and is black. This rear rack pictured here seems to show a white rack that has been incorporated into the frame. Which is it or am I all wet? ( which would not be earthshattering news!)

I'm confused. The order page for the Zen Photon Pro at 2999 USD shows a rear rack that has been mounted on the bike and is black. This rear rack pictured here seems to show a white rack that has been incorporated into the frame. Which is it or am I all wet? ( which would not be earthshattering news!)
The pics on the website have not updated yet. It is of the 2023 model.

Last edited:
This year, one of the modifications we've made to the Photon models includes an integrated rear rack, which is actually built into the frame for increasing the load bearing capacity of the bike.

We're in the process of updating our website with the new pictures to reflect this change. And you're spot on – we tend to update EBR a bit quicker than our website, hahah. 😅
Cheers for keeping a keen eye on our updates!

Nice. What is the range on that @Gionnirocket ?
Have you done long rides? (70+ miles?)

from our extensive testing, 52V,20Ah pack lasts easily ~150kms ( 90 miles) with active pedaling.
Even with heavy assist, 70 miles should be possible.
Actually my battery is a 48v/21Ah...and my preferred configuration.
That said my current situation hasn't left me with enough free time to entertain such an excursion. I have made a few 35 mi trips and returned with over 50% of battery capacity.
And now that I've done some additional Ultra programming tweaks, I think it's even more efficient. I'll be able to give you an average Wh/mi once I have the charge adapter cable and can use my Smart Charge device.

I still think if Zen should have done a small run of that purple as a limited edition model. They would have sold quick based just on having a different color option.
Then the purple wouldn't be a unique color as the investor had wanted.

This year, one of the modifications we've made to the Photon models includes an integrated rear rack, which is actually built into the frame for increasing the load bearing capacity of the bike.

We're in the process of updating our website with the new pictures to reflect this change. And you're spot on – we tend to update EBR a bit quicker than our website, hahah. 😅
Cheers for keeping a keen eye on our updates!
Have you checked to see if the Topeak Quick Rack Adapter will fit on the new integrated rack? I thought maybe Ravi was checking?

Have you checked to see if the Topeak Quick Rack Adapter will fit on the new integrated rack? I thought maybe Ravi was checking?

Hi Taylor,
We will order a Topeak rack this week. We will assess the fitment with our new frames.

All,
Photon frames were packed and loaded onto the container today. The vessel is expected to leave this week.
We expect the frames to reach here in March. We will update you as we get information the shipment arrival and how soon we could get all this built up. The shipment would be follow the pre-order sequence.
Anyone who orders the bike now, will get it sometime in 2nd or 3rd week of April.

1707250270441.png

1707250361526.png

I hope this image provides a more vivid visualization of the color scheme.
High-Viz green accents are for visibility at night.

The motor is 500W nominal but running at 52V, goes upto ~950W peak power. Physical hardware wise, there is no difference between US and Canada motors.
For the US market, the controller allows upto 20A, so, most of the time it is howring around 750W (roughly ~15A).
Where as for the Canadian market, it is limited to 32kmph or 15A controller current.

View attachment 170800
Hi Ravi,

thanks for the pic. The white looks very clean. Exactly the look I was hoping for.

Order placed. Cheers!

Hi Ravi,

thanks for the pic. The white looks very clean. Exactly the look I was hoping for.

Order placed. Cheers!

Thanks, Pete!
Your support is greatly appreciated, and thanks for being so awesome to work with.

All,
Photon frames were packed and loaded onto the container today. The vessel is expected to leave this week.
We expect the frames to reach here in March. We will update you as we get information the shipment arrival and how soon we could get all this built up. The shipment would be follow the pre-order sequence.
Anyone who orders the bike now, will get it sometime in 2nd or 3rd week of April.

View attachment 170878

View attachment 170879
Ravi, does your "order now comment" include everyone who previously ordered as well? Earliest delivery is now mid-April?

Ravi, does your "order now comment" include everyone who previously ordered as well? Earliest delivery is now mid-April?

Those pre-ordered in January should get their bike by late March.
If anyone places an order today, they will get it in the 2nd or 3rd week of April just because there is a queue ahead of them.
The vessel is leaving tomorrow and should reach 3rd week of March. I will keep everyone updated on the arrival of frames.

Hi Folks!
Just a quick heads-up as we approach the final stretch - the Photon pre-order early bird price is wrapping up. If you've been considering it, now's the moment to decide– prices will increase after 11:59 PM AST tonight.

Back