Zen Photon Pro- Preorder | 1040Wh UL Certified battery | 500W nominal/900W peak power Torque-sensing motor w/ Throttle | USD 2999 | CAD 3999

Agree. Anticipating the website update with full photos and paint samples. This was promised some time ago and I will need to see that before placing my order. Thx.

Good Evening!
We have updated the specifications for the Photon on our websites USA and Canada. We have scheduled a professional photoshoot for the bikes on January 26th. Following this, we will upload the new images to our website. We're learning that finding a good photographer is like searching for a rare part in a bike workshop – you know it's there somewhere, but it's always hiding when you need it most! 😁 Building bikes might just be the easier task!

We appreciate your enthusiasm and patience, and we're excited for you to see the latest updates and photos of the Photon.

The BMS has smart charging features; without going into boring technical details, we designed the BMS and the battery pack to have several safety features and UL 2271 certification, and built-in charging protocol for two different modes.
  • Long-life mode, where it charges to 80% and balances the cells
  • Long-range mode - charges all the way to 100%
Ideally, you want to be in long-life mode and occasionally use long-range mode when necessary to unlock extra range.

1705888272015.png

1705888280877.png

1705888288592.png

What is the price shipped to Palm Springs CA. I havent purchased a new Ebike in awhile. N+1
What is the price shipped to Palm Springs CA. I havent purchased a new Ebike in awhile. N+1
Hi @Taylor57 Shipping to USA is at no charge. We ship free to USA and Canada. Additionally, under the USA Canada trade agreement, no taxes on the purchase either.

Last edited:
You might want to change the last line in the display to say, "Unplug the charger!"

Thanks. We have already updated it. We had to work with several electronic vendors to make it happen - display, controller, BMS supplier etc. and the image shown here is from our design prototype.

We will walk you through the Photon pro display and how we have implemented the smart charging functionality.

This is the default display screen.

View attachment 170133View attachment 170133

You enter the settings menu by pressing the + and - button simultaneously.

View attachment 170134
Under Advanced Settings, you see BAT MODE (
short form for Battery mode)

View attachment 170135
During Charging, you can change the mode from "long-life" i.e., 80% to "Long-range" i.e., 100%

View attachment 170136
As soon as you plugin the charger, you will see this icon pop up.

View attachment 170137 View attachment 170139
While charging, it shows the mode you're in and how much time you have left.

View attachment 170140

After every restart, the battery defaults to long-life mode to prolong the life of the battery.

Last edited:

Hi Taylor,
It is $2999 (USD) shipped to Palm Springs, CA - customers who pre-order by Jan 31st get this at $2999.
The prices are expected to increase after that date.

Photon Ultra wheel with Rohloff hub on the assembly line for those who requested the "Ultra" option.

View attachment 169533

View attachment 169534

View attachment 169532
Great to see all 5 screws in the Rohloff axle plate! 🙃

We will walk you through the Photon pro display and how we have implemented the smart charging functionality.

This is the default display screen.

View attachment 170133

You enter the settings menu by pressing the + and - button simultaneously.

View attachment 170134
Under Advanced Settings, you see BAT MODE (
short form for Battery mode)

View attachment 170135
During Charging, you can change the mode from "long-life" i.e., 80% to "Long-range" i.e., 100%

View attachment 170136
As soon as you plugin the charger, you will see this icon pop up.

View attachment 170137 View attachment 170139
While charging, it shows the mode you're in and how much time you have left.

View attachment 170140

After every restart, the battery defaults to long-life mode to prolong the life of the battery.

Nice work on the battery feature... It's been used on mobile/tablet devices for quite a while now.
Any chance it could be variable in the future? 70% - 80% - 90%?

Any chance it could be variable in the future? 70% - 80% - 90%?
Yes, we will build that feature into our App.
That is the right way to do it. A phone App that displays temperature, SoC, SoH, drive cycle, errors, etc.
This requires a smart BMS that can communicate via 4G with the App and all of this requires significant work and testing.

Back