Zen Photon Pro- Preorder | 1040Wh UL Certified battery | 500W nominal/900W peak power Torque-sensing motor w/ Throttle | USD 2999 | CAD 3999

I pulled the trigger on Carbon Grey today, I am partial to electric blue but it looks like that wasn't an option this year. I wish I had been able to buy it earlier but I only found out about the Zen e-bikes on Wednesday and the funds I needed to buy the bike were tied up for my vacation to Japan but that got canceled over the weekend.

I am looking forward to getting it in April, my current e-bike is a 2019 Ariel Rider M-Class, I like it a lot but the constant chain maintenance has been the most annoying part of the bike. Mine is gold, it didn't have the suspension forks the 2020 model had and it has the Shimano Nexus 7, instead of 3 gear IGH.

M-Class

Is there an option to get ah second battery? i didn't see any battery options on the website.

Question of all the e-bikes Zen is currently selling which one has the most torque. And is class 3. I live in Florida which has no hills and have been very happy with a Juiced Crosscurrent Hubdrive but would like an improved version of it

Question of all the e-bikes Zen is currently selling which one has the most torque. And is class 3. I live in Florida which has no hills and have been very happy with a Juiced Crosscurrent Hubdrive but would like an improved version of it

The Photon Pro bike mentioned in this thread or this website link has excellent torque and battery range.
The Photon Pure with 20Ah battery would also work quite well. If you have been happy with the torque sensor performance of Juiced, then you will be very pleased with Zen Photon.

I do have a question about the Zen Photons display/controller. Do you have a smart lock system set up with it? Something like what Bosch or Specialized use? I always figured it was a shame that most e-bikes don't take advantage of them actually having electrical systems when it comes to theft, locking down the motor is something that IMHO should be an easy thing to do with the only sticking point being the way to lock/unlock while keeping it secure and convenient.

I do have a question about the Zen Photons display/controller. Do you have a smart lock system set up with it? Something like what Bosch or Specialized use? I always figured it was a shame that most e-bikes don't take advantage of them actually having electrical systems when it comes to theft, locking down the motor is something that IMHO should be an easy thing to do with the only sticking point being the way to lock/unlock while keeping it secure and convenient.

At the moment, we do not have that automatic electronic locking feature. We do have an optional IoT that can track the bike using a GPS module and that is something you can consider.

Can you provide a link to them, or a link to the bike order page with these options?

The Photon Pure page will be made live next week. We just received some photos, and our website team is working on updating the page.

1709132433950.png

Yes. The enviolo heavy duty can be replaced with enviolo automatiq.
For those of us newer to this conversation, what is the difference between the heavy duty and the automatiq? TIA.
Someone on another thread posted about Zen, and i am very interested. Maybe I can have it all.

Those look great, Kriti. Any idea on how long it would take to ship if I ordered today? I am in California.
I know you don't have dealers, but are there any shops in NorCal that might be able to at least service these bikes if I have issues or need a tune-up?

Those look great, Kriti. Any idea on how long it would take to ship if I ordered today? I am in California.
I know you don't have dealers, but are there any shops in NorCal that might be able to at least service these bikes if I have issues or need a tune-up?
Hi! @tgianco . For orders placed today or this week, the bikes would be shipped second week of April.
For tuneup and service, we can work with any bike store you trust or near your place. Just let us know their contact information/address and our team will coordinate with them.

@Ravi Kempaiah
Man this looks good, you have come a long way, I have been looking for a Canadian brand that does it right in Ebikes, and you guys seem to be making it happen, well done.

For the US market, the controller allows up to 20A, so, most of the time it is hovering around 750W (roughly ~15A).
Where as for the Canadian market, it is limited to 32kmph or 15A controller current.

I am in Canada, and I would want the 20A controller for sure, I lock my speed at 32kmph in my controller, I just want the extra amps for torque on hills, can you swing that?
My current controller is 25amps, with 500W max sticker on the bike ;)
Our current watt laws in Canada are archaic for 2024, it's not the Watts or throttle it's the speed. 32 is plenty fast for me.

Last edited:
@Ravi Kempaiah
Man this looks good, you have come a long way, I have been looking for Canadian brand that does it right in Ebikes, and you guys seem to be making happen, well done.

I am in Canada, and I would want the 20A controller for sure, I lock my speed at 32kmph in my controller, I just want the extra amps for torque on hills, can you swing that?
My current controller is 25amps, with 500W max sticker on the bike ;)
Our current watt laws in Canada are archaic for 2024, it's not the Watts or throttle it's the speed. 32 is plenty fast for me.

Thanks for your kind words. We have been working hard to support the North American rider community. I am glad our efforts caught your eye.
The user can configure the system to US spec, but the liability is on the end user, and we ship it configured according to Canadian laws.

I didn't see any mention of the Photon Ultra in the Photon lineup. Is it still available? If so, does it come with a kickstand and rear light?

Back