Yukon Modifications

gepinniw

I've recently gotten a Voltbike Yukon, and I am now considering modifying it. I'm wondering if anyone out there has done any upgrades? Specifically, I'm wondering about the following:
  • Front Suspension
  • Seat Post Suspension
  • Tubeless Tires
  • Drivetrain

Wow, this thread is quiet. Okydoke, I'll start. Well, I switched the stem for a more vertically oriented EVO model. It gives me a more upright riding position. Much more comfortable. I also added some EVO grips.
Next up is seat post suspension. I'll let you know how that turns out.

What has been your experience riding the Yukon? I saw that the price drop on the website and was toying with idea of adding it to my list for consideration.
It looks like a decent bike with the exception of the battery and controller box in the middle of the bike frame. No stealth there which is a bummer. And also, it was hard to tell from the photo but is a that a fat bike bafang hub drive or the earlier slim version.

What has been your experience riding the Yukon? I saw that the price drop on the website and was toying with idea of adding it to my list for consideration.
It looks like a decent bike with the exception of the battery and controller box in the middle of the bike frame. No stealth there which is a bummer. And also, it was hard to tell from the photo but is a that a fat bike bafang hub drive or the earlier slim version.
The Yukon is great. Loads of power and very respectable range considering the heaviness of the bike. The hub is definitely purpose built for the 4" fatback tires. The only major drawback is the lack of suspension. I've bought a Thudbuster ST which helps A LOT to smooth out the ride. I would definitely recommend this bike. Seems to be the best value for money option in the 500 watt 48 volt electric fatbike category, in Canada at least.

Hi I was wondering how the Yukon is holding up, I,ve been riding my BionX equipped bike to the forks most days, have about 1500 km,s on it now and so far it,s been troublefree. I see Yukon is now selling a 750 watt fatbike with front suspension.

I only have about 700 kms on it, but it is holding up well. The rear fender got loose, and I took it off, but aside from that, no problems. I didnt know there was a Yukon with suspension now. I think that is a very good thing. More power is nice too, but there is always a range penalty to be paid.

Here are some mods my Dad did to his Yukon:;)
YukonSeatA.JPG
chuckle.. :p

Back