Yuba elMundo: Double Dinking

Aushiker

Region
Australia
City
Walyalup, Western Australia
It seems to be a forgone conclusion that if you're going to make a bicycle built for two, then both riders will be pedaling. If that bike has an electric motor to help with the extra weight, however, then perhaps just one rider will be able to move the thing along nicely. That's the thinking behind the Yuba elMundo – it's an electric cargo bike that specializes in hauling humans....

yuba-elmundo-double-seat.jpg

Buyers can opt for running boards on either side of that rack. These can be used as footrests by passengers, or as a hand truck-like means of holding cargo items that are strapped into place. Removing the recycled plastic platform on either of those running boards turns it into a bike-towing tray, in which the bottom of the towed bike's front wheel is inserted into the tray.

Source: Gizmag

Andrew

It's a neat design, thanks for sharing Andrew! I got to ride this model a while back and have seen it at media events this year. The Yuba elMundo is cool but the Xtracycle Edgerunner is also neat and uses a smaller rear wheel to keep the rack lower in the rear and provide more torque (given the mechanical advantage).

It's a neat design, thanks for sharing Andrew! I got to ride this model a while back and have seen it at media events this year. The Yuba elMundo is cool but the Xtracycle Edgerunner is also neat and uses a smaller rear wheel to keep the rack lower in the rear and provide more torque (given the mechanical advantage).

Thanks for the link to the Xtracycle Edgerunner. I hadn't seen this bike before. An interesting design idea for sure.

Andrew

Back