Yamaha PW speed unlockers... SpeedBox2 vs EPlus vs BadAssBox 4 or 3.4

I posted the EBay links above that ship to the USA... my previous order took about 3 weeks to arrive. ;)
I had no problem having it shipped from Poland. The issue was when there was a problem and it had to be returned for refund, it wasn't allowed to leave the country. Let's say I'm now gun shy ordering from out of country.

I am currently communicating with a Dutch company that has speed dongles for Yamaha PW-X. A lot less than E-bay for the same one. The site is in Dutch, however, they do have a dropdown with the USA listed. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one as well.

I am currently communicating with a Dutch company that has speed dongles for Yamaha PW-X. A lot less than E-bay for the same one.
The site is in Dutch, however, they do have a dropdown with the USA listed. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one as well.

Link and price?... thanks ;)

The listed item does not appear to be a complete speed dongle... perhaps just an LED indicator?
Not according to the company listing these on Ebay. They claim the LED indicator is there to let you know the dongle is actually in "active" state. I also read some reviews and users seem to be happy with this product.

Ebay Chip Tuning

Not according to the company listing these on Ebay. They claim the LED indicator is there to let you know the dongle is actually in "active" state. I also read some reviews and users seem to be happy with this product.

Ebay Chip Tuning

Thanks for the clarification... the price seems to be too good to be true! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the clarification... the price seems to be too good to be true! Let us know how it goes.
Sure, my feeling as well. There also is an E-bike Tunning Speed clip on E-bay from etunningparts.com that is relatively less than on their website which also may be a candidate. Needing to get clarification that it is fact compatible with the PW-X motors.

Ebay Chip Tuning

This is really interesting, it looks like an entirely different approach from the other tuning chips that I’ve seen. Instead of interrupting the signal between the wheel speed sensor and the motor (and presumably changing it to make the bike look like it’s going slower), it just removes the connection entirely. I’m curious if there’s actually anything in that chip, or if it’s just an open connection that makes the bike think it’s always stopped.

(Or, since there’s an LED in there, it’s providing some kind of electrical resistance to trick the bike into thinking the speed is some (low) constant number)

Do note that this means the speedometer will no longer work, if you care about that.

This is really interesting, it looks like an entirely different approach from the other tuning chips that I’ve seen. Instead of interrupting the signal between the wheel speed sensor and the motor (and presumably changing it to make the bike look like it’s going slower), it just removes the connection entirely. I’m curious if there’s actually anything in that chip, or if it’s just an open connection that makes the bike think it’s always stopped.

(Or, since there’s an LED in there, it’s providing some kind of electrical resistance to trick the bike into thinking the speed is some (low) constant number)

Do note that this means the speedometer will no longer work, if you care about that.
Very good questions. You could reach out to the seller and see what they have to say about your questions regarding functionality. It is the most inexpensive speed dongle I have seen thus far in comparison.

Very good questions. You could reach out to the seller and see what they have to say about your questions regarding functionality. It is the most inexpensive speed dongle I have seen thus far in comparison.
I don’t have particular interest in this one, since I like having a speedometer, but when I have my bike apart to install the one that I bought I might take some measurements off the rear wheel sensor and see if I find anything interesting.

Hey just some feedback on my experience.
I have a Giant Stance E+2 2020 model in Australia.
I ordered the Speedbox 2 for Giant and fitted it myself. Super simple to install. And when switched on limiter is removed. Now I can only get to about 50kmh due to my leg are pedaling as fast as they can now. Willl need different gears in order to go faster. The new giant bikes don’t have the screen any more but it says it won’t effect ur Speedo reading. I use and stand alone basic bike Speedo.
I almost purchased it directly through Speedbox via their website www.speedbox-tuning.com and they ship to the US.
They have 3 versions for Yamaha as well.
I ended up buying mine for www.ebiketuning.com as they were slightly cheaper shipped to Aus

my experience has been flawless. Plugged it in to my Giant Syncdrive Sport 2020 motor. Press the walk button and the restriction is lifted. And then i ride. I wouldn’t ride without it now. I can comfortable cruise at just under 40kmh and with abit more effort I’m at 45 -50 and then I’m out of gearing. Im looking at a new slightly larger chainring to try as I spend most of my time in the higher gears.

I would recommend it as I’ve had not dramas at all.

The Speedbox 2 is also available on EBay along with the SpeedClip BadA$$Box that I use. ;)

FlatSix911- Back to this issue again. I finally received confirmation from E-Bike-Tuning-SpeedClip (which is a BadA$$ Box copy) that this is in fact compatible with the PW-X motor. You have indicated below that it took approx 3 weeks for shipment. Curious how your experience is with this model? They claim it works very much like the original (ie: speed gets halved when reaching approx 11.5mph). Thoughts?

Just installed this on my Yamaha Cross Core and after a (brief, rainy) test ride it seems to work perfectly!
Kind of a pain to install on these bikes since you have to remove the chainrings to drop the motor, but otherwise I had no issues.

My order shipped from the Czech Republic and arrived about a week later to WA – very impressive shipping speed.

Just installed this on my Yamaha Cross Core and after a (brief, rainy) test ride it seems to work perfectly!
Kind of a pain to install on these bikes since you have to remove the chainrings to drop the motor, but otherwise I had no issues.

My order shipped from the Czech Republic and arrived about a week later to WA – very impressive shipping speed.
Glad to hear that your test ride went well as I also ordered and received the same tuner from the same folks as you in 7 days to Pa. Remarkable speed considering the 4 1/2 week shipping time from CV last year as I tried two separate tuners last summer that did not work at all on my 2018 Cross Core PW-SE ,X display.

Snow and single digit temps will keep me off the roads for awhile but I'm heartened by your experience and looking forward to a similar result.

Thanks for posting

Back