X7 discussion

@PatForbes @RMK! is it possible to lower the height of the seat to the ground on X7 plus by using a different shorter seat post? Can we lower it from say 34 to 32 or 30 inches?

There is a rear reflector mounted on the seatpost that will not allow the lowest seating position. Removing this reflector would buy you another 2" of seat lowering. I run with the seatpost at it's max height. If you are concerned about the size, the X5 and X6 are smaller bikes ...

@PatForbes @RMK! is it possible to lower the height of the seat to the ground on X7 plus by using a different shorter seat post? Can we lower it from say 34 to 32 or 30 inches?
It goes all the way down. So a shorter post is irrelevant and would be a waste. Unless you want a suspension seat post. Im 5 ft 7 and ride with it all the way down to where the frame won't let you go any lower. You can consider the X5. It's the same bike on a slightly smaller frame by a couple inches and with similar performance stats.

Hey folks, @RMK! @GeauxDan
1. Do you ever run out of pedal on X7?
2. Does cruise control engage if you are in throttle only mode for 8 seconds and cut off if you break?
3. @DeiviJones being in Seattle area like you, I will have to negotiate a lot of hills. Is the torque good enough? Do you use pure throttle uphill or you have to pedal? What speeds can be achieved while going uphill?

2. Does cruise control engage if you are in throttle only mode for 8 seconds and cut off if you break?
3. @DeiviJones being in Seattle area like you, I will have to negotiate a lot of hills. Is the torque good enough? Do you use pure throttle uphill or you have to pedal? What speeds can be achieved while going uphill?

1. Yes, but in the highest gear (8th) I'm cruising along at 27-28 mph on the flat. Thats fast enough ... for me
2.Didn't know it had cruise control ... but all throttle modes should shut off when braking
3. There are some fairly steep grades near me and the torque is not there (I'm 205lbs) so I need to pedal in the lowest gear. My new bike (coming in a few weeks) is a 750W and I hope it has better torque. As far as I can tell, increased torque is the primary benefit of a larger motor on these mostly speed controlled bikes.

Honestly, I use the ebike for almost daily exercise/exploration and occasional commuting/errand running. I find the throttle is a seldom used feature and adding cruise control would only be a nuisance.

Last edited:

Nice, I just ran across this forum and (coming from the Lectric XP forum) and I have to say I am highly interested in the X7 Plus (saw it first on Amazon today)!

My current ride (since October 2019) is the similar looking Lectric XP but it lacks front and rear suspension. This reason alone makes me want to switch over to the X7 Plus! The solid frame has been tolerable but I'd be upgrading to a more comfortable full suspension ebike, a motor regen system, hydraulic brakes and an 8 speed freewheel.

The only things I'd be compromising on would be that the X7 Plus lacks a built-in powered rear taillight, a twist throttle and the included fenders are smaller (less coverage/protection) than those on my XP. Otherwise, count me in!

IMG_20200428_194000.jpg

IMG_20200407_190219.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, I just ran across this forum and (coming from the Lectric XP forum) and I have to say I am highly interested in the X7 Plus (saw it first on Amazon today)!

My current ride (since October 2019) is the similar looking Lectric XP but it lacks front and rear suspension. This reason alone makes me want to switch over to the X7 Plus! The solid frame has been tolerable but I'd be upgrading to a more comfortable full suspension ebike, a motor regen system, hydraulic brakes and an 8 speed freewheel.

The only things I'd be compromising on would be that the X7 Plus lacks a built-in powered rear taillight and the included fenders are smaller (less coverage/protection) than those on my XP. Otherwise, count me in!

View attachment 51163

View attachment 51164

Welcome @Mateo's Dad . I have read good reviews about the Lectric XP, especially its motor performance and torque/zippiness. Once you receive X7 Plus, you can directly compare the two.

Not sure, but I think cruise control is new and only included with the soon to be shipped version.

@kaufido - Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning more about the X7 Plus. The XP has quite the sizable following here and on Facebook with many happy owners clocking hundreds of issue-free miles (I'm almost at 800 miles myself). Since it is my first ebike I can't really compare it to anything else but it does provide plenty of power to get my 5' 7" 200 lb self up to full speed (20 mph - throttle only) in seconds and the folding solid frame is very firm for a bike with so many hinges. It also handles quite well for being a heavy fat tire ebike. And cruise control comes standard which is useful on long stretches of roads when one needs to stop pedaling for a bit. I've enjoyed it a lot and feel it provides good value for the price.

With that said, I expect the X7 Plus to perform similarly (48v 500w 20" folder) so I'm already happy about that. Where it should outperform the XP will be in comfort where a full suspension can absorb some of the harshness of rough roads, improved braking performance via a hydraulic brake system, and a slight increase in battery range thanks to regenerative braking.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the X7 Plus yet as I'm still planning on how I'm going to sell my XP. Due to limited storage, I will only be able to keep one fat tire ebike and have to sell the other.

Can anyone confirm (preferably with real world pics) what the X7 Plus' (and to a lesser extent the X7's) battery actually looks like?

On Amazon it looks like this:

X7 Plus Battery.jpg

However, on the US Eahora website the X7's battery looks like this:

X7 Battery_02.PNG

X7 Battery_01.PNG

As you can see, these batteries are clearly different in physical appearance yet the X7 and X7 Plus are suppose to be essentially the same bikes (except with a few upgrades). As far as I can tell from all the pics I've seen both bikes use the same frame (downtube). I'd like to get this clarified so I went ahead and emailed Eahora as well.

Last edited:
@kaufido - Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning more about the X7 Plus. The XP has quite the sizable following here and on Facebook with many happy owners clocking hundreds of issue-free miles (I'm almost at 800 miles myself). Since it is my first ebike I can't really compare it to anything else but it does provide plenty of power to get my 5' 7" 200 lb self up to full speed (20 mph - throttle only) in seconds and the folding solid frame is very firm for a bike with so many hinges. It also handles quite well for being a heavy fat tire ebike. And cruise control comes standard which is useful on long stretches of roads when one needs to stop pedaling for a bit. I've enjoyed it a lot and feel it provides good value for the price.

With that said, I expect the X7 Plus to perform similarly so I'm already happy about that. Where it should outperform the XP will be in comfort where a full suspension can absorb some of the harshness of rough roads, improved braking performance via a hydraulic brake system, and a slight increase in battery range thanks to regenerative braking.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the X7 Plus yet as I'm still planning on how I'm going to sell my XP. Due to limited storage, I will only be able to keep one fat tire ebike and have to sell the other.

Can anyone confirm (preferably with real world pics) what the X7 Plus' (and to a lesser extent the X7's) battery actually looks like?

On Amazon it looks like this:

View attachment 51217

However, on the US Eahora website the X7's battery looks like this:

View attachment 51229

View attachment 51224

As you can see, these batteries are clearly different in physical appearance yet the X7 and X7 Plus are suppose to be essentially the same bikes (except with a few upgrades). As far as I can tell from all the pics I've seen both bikes use the same frame (downtube). I'd like to get this clarified so I went ahead and emailed Eahora as well.
They are the same, the Amazon photo shows the plastic folding handle deployed. Just be sure to unlock the battery with the supplied key and remove the key before trying to remove the battery. This experienced idiot tugged on the battery for a while before realizing the key was still in. In my meager defense, they key could be better located ... ;-)

Hey all. Just ordered this bike on amazon. Was considering the radmini but ultimately that 20mph cap ruled that out. Lectric XP was what I was actually going to get, but after research I decided shocks, brakes, battery regen, and the little extra speed were worth it. I also thought really hard about the Rattan XL, but there is no rear shock and the ordering system on indiegogo seemed a bit suspect, while Amazon backs up 3rd party sales. So here I am.

What would you guys recommend checking/changing when I first get the bike? Has anyone taken this beast out on a proper mountain biking trail? Do you think it will hold up to regular trail riding? Also I am really hoping (fingers crossed) that it will fit in the trunk of my Sonata folded up.

Hey all. Just ordered this bike on amazon. Was considering the radmini but ultimately that 20mph cap ruled that out. Lectric XP was what I was actually going to get, but after research I decided shocks, brakes, battery regen, and the little extra speed were worth it. I also thought really hard about the Rattan XL, but there is no rear shock and the ordering system on indiegogo seemed a bit suspect, while Amazon backs up 3rd party sales. So here I am.

What would you guys recommend checking/changing when I first get the bike? Has anyone taken this beast out on a proper mountain biking trail? Do you think it will hold up to regular trail riding? Also I am really hoping (fingers crossed) that it will fit in the trunk of my Sonata folded up.

Not sure the frame or suspension would hold up the the stresses of a serious Mt bike trail, it would be to much for the 60lb beast. I have been on a few interesting trails that had me and the bike outside our comfort zone. Dirt roads or paths are fun and fine but nothing to steep or gnarly ...

Be aware that buying or receiving anything from china is sketchy right now. I want to order an extra battery but i am hesitant due to customer service. I've been emailing for a month straight to no avail and no response. Probably sent 20 emails through Amazon and directly to Eahora. Anyone else have issues contacting them?

I’m looking for a stable mate for my wife’s ebike and REALLY liked this until I checked the warranty:

5 years for the frame;2 years for battery; 5 months for other accessories

What’s up with that?

And my goodness, have you ever seen a warranty with this wording (cut and paste from the web site)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find Out What It Means To Us

We pride ourselves in being nothing but respectful, kind, patient, friendly, and all other pleasant terms that could fit in the mix, and it is critical that those things are returned to our team by customers. We understand that often times when you call/email customer support it is because something may have gone wrong or there is an issue (which is the worst!). We also understand that often times these potential issues cause frustration and even sometimes anger, but, we will NOT tolerate rude/vulgar language towards our staff. We will offer a warning if this occurs, after that we do reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, issue refunds, void warranties, or cancel orders at our sole discretion. If this decision is made it is final and cannot be undone.
Do you work for Eahora? Why won't y'all answer e-mails?

They are the same, the Amazon photo shows the plastic folding handle deployed. Just be sure to unlock the battery with the supplied key and remove the key before trying to remove the battery. This experienced idiot tugged on the battery for a while before realizing the key was still in. In my meager defense, they key could be better located ... ;-)

Believe me I've made my share of blunders with my ebike too so the feeling is mutual. However, with all due respect these two batteries are not the same! Look closer:

1. The corners on the x7+ battery are more straight whereas the x7 battery is rounded.

2. The charge port location is on opposite sides. You can see from the picture of the x7 battery the charge port in located next to the lock pin and two screws whereas the x7+ it's not.

3. And speaking of the lock pin, they are in different locations relative to the battery terminals.

4. The battery terminals are facing in the opposite direction.

5. The battery terminal connection plates look physically different. Their shape doesn't look to match or like they would align.

Because I own a Lectric XP, I can say without a doubt that its battery looks like the X7 Plus battery, but not the X7 (based on the pictures Eahora provided).

Here is the Lectric XP battery which looks exactly like the X7 Plus battery.

IMG_20191221_130242.jpg

IMG_20191221_130001.jpg

IMG_20191221_125914.jpg

IMG_20191221_125827.jpg

IMG_20191007_222255.jpg

Can someone please post real pictures of their x7+ battery?

Thanks,
David

Last edited:
Be aware that buying or receiving anything from china is sketchy right now. I want to order an extra battery but i am hesitant due to customer service. I've been emailing for a month straight to no avail and no response. Probably sent 20 emails through Amazon and directly to Eahora. Anyone else have issues contacting them?

I emailed Eahora about the different batteries in their pictures/ads but I haven't gotten a response yet. Lack of communication on their behalf will surely affect their reputation.

They were never very responsive and have definitely gone quiet. I think a lot of these people who wanted to jump on the Fat Tire Bike train saw Sonders amazing crown funding success and thought anyone could do it. Although Sonders has in many respects an inferior product, they probably outsell these guys 50 to 1.

Sondors had crappy CS but the old business adage revenue solves problems applies here and they are trying to build infrastructure. With the market crowded with good quality fat tire ebikes, it is hard to say who will prevail. Another old business adage is; "give me a B product, and an A marketing plan, and I'll give you a winner every time".

I'm happy enough with the Eahora product, but not so much so that I bought the 3 additional bikes I wanted from them. My CS expectations with all of these new ebike sellers was/is very low. If good CS was my priority, I would have bought RAD. I really like the 20" fat tire folding bikes but I am riding so much that eventually, a heavier investment in a REALLY nice bike like this one might be in order :cool:.

Last edited:
Believe me I've made my share of blunders with my ebike too so the feeling is mutual. However, with all due respect these two batteries are not the same! Look closer:

1. The corners on the x7+ battery are more straight whereas the x7 battery is rounded.

2. The charge port location is on opposite sides. You can see from the picture of the x7 battery the charge port in located next to the lock pin and two screws whereas the x7+ it's not.

3. And speaking of the lock pin, they are in different locations relative to the battery terminals.

4. The battery terminals are facing in the opposite direction.

5. The battery terminal connection plates look physically different. Their shape doesn't look to match or like they would align.

Because I own a Lectric XP, I can say without a doubt that its battery looks like the X7 Plus battery, but not the X7 (based on the pictures Eahora provided).

Here is the Lectric XP battery which looks exactly like the X7 Plus battery.

View attachment 51389

View attachment 51388

View attachment 51387

View attachment 51386

View attachment 51385

Can someone please post real pictures of their x7+ battery?

Thanks,
David
The specs say they use the same frame e.g. battery housing. They have the same 48V/10.4AH Samsung lithium battery and motor. Not sure what point you're trying to make here?

Last edited:
The specs say they use the same frame e.g. battery housing. They have the same 48V/10.4AH Samsung lithium battery and motor. Not sure what point your trying to make here?

If the X7 Plus does infact use the same battery as my XP then it means I'll get to keep on using my existing battery and that's a big deal for me. It would also mean X7 Plus owners would be able to buy compatible batteries from Lectric (which is based out of the US and has excellent customer service). Of course you can always buy batteries from Eahora too.

If the X7 Plus does in fact use the same battery as my XP then it means I'll get to keep on using my existing battery and that's a big deal for me. It would also mean X7 Plus owners would be able to buy compatible batteries from Lectric (which is based out of the US and has excellent customer service). Of course you can always buy batteries from Eahora too.

I'm confused ... I was just saying that the X7 and X7 Plus use the same battery. I have no idea what battery the XP uses but since neither of these companies makes batteries (or the bikes for that matter), they may not be willing to share the battery OEM info. That makes brand/battery compatibility a research exercise.

As far as the long term goes, a10 ah battery would seem to be almost obsolete as there are much higher amp hour batteries being delivered now (like 20ah). My new FT ebike will have an upgraded 17.ah as opposed to the standard 14.5ah. Each of these incremental changes in battery size increases range, and for me that's more important than torque. I would love 100 mile range and give up some torque to get it.

For me, that is the essence of the difference between mid-drives bikes using torque sensors and hub motors with PAS and kinetic regeneration of power (like electric cars). I prefer the features of hub with regen vs the smooth power of a good torque sensor based bike.

That said, and as tech improves, I'm likely to take another long look at mid-drive bikes with torque sensors. It's all good!

Back