X7 discussion

Did you use just throttle the whole time? I lived in nyc (prospect heights) so i know the terrain. I get a lot more miles with throttle only on my bike. I would restore your settings back to default.

Almost the whole time. I don't know if I have been doing this wrong, but I was using the throttle together with the pedaling for a while. Was it wrong? I don't have much experience with e-bikes. Can anyone advise me on this?

When pedalling I don't use the throttle. This is especially true in PAS modes 1&2 as there are motor (throttle) cut offs at specific speeds depending upon settings (motor percentage limits) for Modes 1&2. In Mode 3, I suppose you could use both up to max PAS speed which on my bike is approx 28 mph but it seems redundant.

I experimented with throttle only and the 3 PAS levels. Once I got a good feel for those, I did some throttle during pedal assist. My comments above describe my feelings about pedaling with throttle.

When pedalling I don't use the throttle. This is especially true in PAS modes 1&2 as there are motor (throttle) cut offs at specific speeds depending upon settings (motor percentage limits) for Modes 1&2. In Mode 3, I suppose you could use both up to max PAS speed which on my bike is approx 28 mph but it seems redundant.

I experimented with throttle only and the 3 PAS levels. Once I got a good feel for those, I did some throttle during pedal assist. My comments above describe my feelings about pedaling with throttle.

It's good to hear an opinion from someone of your experience RMK!, as I can see in your posts. Thank you for your reflection.

Almost the whole time. I don't know if I have been doing this wrong, but I was using the throttle together with the pedaling for a while. Was it wrong? I don't have much experience with e-bikes. Can anyone advise me on this?
I personally never throttled while pedaling. Either one or the other. Kind of seems redundant to throttle with PAS. Seems like that would drain the battery pretty fast. I average 12 miles per bar(20% of battery) and i PAS and throttle @ 50-50. I also take advantage of the E-PAS as much as i can during rides. I messed with the settings and ended up putting it at default settings. To my surprise i can hit 35 mph on throttle now on flat ground and my range is still the same. I don't hit that speed too often at all. I made sure my tire settings were at 24 inches. That was the only thing i checked after setting it back to default settings. One thing i noticed....i can't use the E-PAS in PAS1 anymore. Only works in PAS0 only(i haven't checked if it works in 2 or 3). No big deal for me at all. I will take a faster bike over having 2 EPAS settings anyday. Has anyone else reset there settings to default and had this happen to them? Seems like i opened a superbike mode! I will update if i learn more about this.

I personally never throttled while pedaling. Either one or the other. Kind of seems redundant to throttle with PAS. Seems like that would drain the battery pretty fast. I average 12 miles per bar(20% of battery) and i PAS and throttle @ 50-50. I also take advantage of the E-PAS as much as i can during rides. I messed with the settings and ended up putting it at default settings. To my surprise i can hit 35 mph on throttle now on flat ground and my range is still the same. I don't hit that speed too often at all. I made sure my tire settings were at 24 inches. That was the only thing i checked after setting it back to default settings. One thing i noticed....i can't use the E-PAS in PAS1 anymore. Only works in PAS0 only(i haven't checked if it works in 2 or 3). No big deal for me at all. I will take a faster bike over having 2 EPAS settings anyday. Has anyone else reset there settings to default and had this happen to them? Seems like i opened a superbike mode! I will update if i learn more about this.
Correction. I looked over things again. And i mistakenly didn't catch that it went to 700 on the wheel diameter. I changed it to 24. Now its back to the 30-32 mph top end speed i had before on throttle only(takes like 8 to 10 secs) and the E-PAS works on PAS1 again now. Note to everyone, check your settings in order to get accurate readings for the odometer and speedometer. I got things perfect now. Has anyone else worked on improving top end speed as well?

I had my first flat tire yesterday. I had to make a bank run for the company and decided to make it a quick 15 mile run up the river. Rather than my back pack with all the essentials, I had no patch kit, phone, bike lock or money other than a business debit card on me. I was approx 4 miles from the house when going my usual no sweat 25mph, I hit a 12 penny nail in the dead center of the rear tire. It deflated in less than 5 seconds.

With essentially no side walls, these tires don't like to be pushed flat but without a phone, I really had no options. I couldn't leave the bike without a lock so, I decided to go for a bike shop about a mile from where I was rather than a very long and hilly push home. I lifted the back up a bit and did the mile walk to the bike shop. The bike shop and the entire mall were of course closed (COVID-19) and when in situation like that, the world seems a very dystopian place, at least much more so than when I'm speeding along on the X7 on a perfect weather day.

I was really screwed and then a pickup truck comes through the empty parking lot driven by a young guy who had just lost his job and a restaurant in this mall. I hailed him and explained my plight. He jumped out and helped me put the unrideable X7 in his truck and drove me home. He got a very nice tip for his good samaritanship and I dodged a bullet.

Lessons learned:

Never leave for a bike ride without:
- Phone
- Bike lock
- Tire Patch Kit
- Basic Tools
- Handlebar Jack (see below)

I also have these great little devices for emergency working on the bike from Handelbar Jacks.

Fixing the flat is next. Also ordered 2 extra tubes and a this Valve Core remover kit from Amazon.

I had my first flat tire yesterday. I had to make a bank run for the company and decided to make it a quick 15 mile run up the river. Rather than my back pack with all the essentials, I had no patch kit, phone, bike lock or money other than a business debit card on me. I was approx 4 miles from the house when going my usual no sweat 25mph, I hit a 12 penny nail in the dead center of the rear tire. It deflated in less than 5 seconds.

With essentially no side walls, these tires don't like to be pushed flat but without a phone, I really had no options. I couldn't leave the bike without a lock so, I decided to go for a bike shop about a mile from where I was rather than a very long and hilly push home. I lifted the back up a bit and did the mile walk to the bike shop. The bike shop and the entire mall were of course closed (COVID-19) and when in situation like that, the world seems a very dystopian place, at least much more so than when I'm speeding along on the X7 on a perfect weather day.

I was really screwed and then a pickup truck comes through the empty parking lot driven by a young guy who had just lost his job and a restaurant in this mall. I hailed him and explained my plight. He jumped out and helped me put the unrideable X7 in his truck and drove me home. He got a very nice tip for his good samaritanship and I dodged a bullet.

Lessons learned:

- Phone
- Bike lock
- Tire Patch Kit
- Basic Tools

I also have these great little devices for emergency working on the bike from Handelbar Jacks.

Fixing the flat is next. Also ordered 2 extra tubes and a this Valve Core remover kit from Amazon.

I sympathize with you for your troubles. For myself, I've put a bottle of Slime in mine from the beginning. Will see how it holds.

Lessons learned:

- Phone
- Bike lock
- Tire Patch Kit
- Basic Tools

Sorry to hear that! That’s the worst!

I put Mr Tuffy liners in mine as well as some slime to help stop most flat scenarios but a dead set nail is going to come for all of us one day or another I’m sure.

Glad you found a good Sam and hopefully you’ll be back up and running quick!

Tube is a total loss. Nail got outside/inside multiple places before I could stop. Off to the bike shop for a over priced tube.

Have you tried emailing Eahora? They answered all my questions so far.

Yep. They said: "Thank you for reaching out. Can you tell me what those secure nuts for.

Please take a few of pictures about the spots you want to add those secure nuts.

I will provide accuate data for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience."

I told them:"It's a ABUS Nutfix lock nut for solid axles. They are with a screw diameter of M9, M10 or 3/8”. The question is if X7plus’ front axle is 10mm or 9mm or 3/8” keyed threaded Axle or is some different size?"

Now, I'm waiting for their response. The previous one was very fast.

Yep. They said: "Thank you for reaching out. Can you tell me what those secure nuts for.

Please take a few of pictures about the spots you want to add those secure nuts.

I will provide accuate data for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience."

I told them:"It's a ABUS Nutfix lock nut for solid axles. They are with a screw diameter of M9, M10 or 3/8”. The question is if X7plus’ front axle is 10mm or 9mm or 3/8” keyed threaded Axle or is some different size?"

Now, I'm waiting for their response. The previous one was very fast.

I would grab a tuneup at the bike shop and slide in that question on them. I always do with things like that and they always have the answers. And if they don't, they will find out for you due to their pride in bike knowledge

Got my order in for the second release of the X7 Plus which started being offered today - hundred more in price, but they are including fenders, rack and cruise control. Can't wait. Weeeeee!

I would grab a tuneup at the bike shop and slide in that question on them. I always do with things like that and they always have the answers. And if they don't, they will find out for you due to their pride in bike knowledge

Finally the Eahora answered:

"The rear axle is M12.

And it is M10 if the front axle is the type of the screw axle.

It is M9 if the front axle is the type of the quick release."

So, now we all know how it is. :)

Got my order in for the second release of the X7 Plus which started being offered today - hundred more in price, but they are including fenders, rack and cruise control. Can't wait. Weeeeee!
I am 5 feet 9 and my wife 5.5. How is the fit on X7 plus? I am seriously considering ordering it today.

I am 5 feet 9 and my wife 5.5. How is the fit on X7 plus? I am seriously considering ordering it today.

Sorry, let me introduce myself. From Seattle area and totally new to biking in general. This is going to be my first large purchase and thinking ebike will be fun and functional instead of driving to work and also for picking up errands.

I have read some reviews that X7 plus rides tall and so was wondering what is the lowest position for the seat and riders 5.9 and 5.4 tall can comfortably reach the ground with their foot, while seated.. Appreciate your views and response.

Sorry, let me introduce myself. From Seattle area and totally new to biking in general. This is going to be my first large purchase and thinking ebike will be fun and functional instead of driving to work and also for picking up errands.

I have read some reviews that X7 plus rides tall and so was wondering what is the lowest position for the seat and riders 5.9 and 5.4 tall can comfortably reach the ground with their foot, while seated.. Appreciate your views and response.

I am 5'10" and at the lowest seat position (34 inches) I can barely put my feet on the ground. Also, the lowest point of the frame where the handle to lift the bike is located is at 27 inches from the ground, so its not easy to mount the bike this way. I hope this is helpful.

Back