X3 Pro from Amazon arrived fine, but will only do 22MPH top speed.

I went ahead and built my own ebike.
X3 Pro great value and performance for the price, but I needed a bit more.
I no longer own it.
Settled on this build:
Summary 26" Fatbike, aluminum frame, 1500w hub motor, 48V 30AH pack, 34MPH top speed on flat ground.
It took me 45 days to build and dial-in. I did my first 30-mile off-road trip today. Loved it.
Frame: Framed Minnesota 2.0 18". 175mm ODA rear hub
142.00​
Front Fork: Bolany fat Air 135mm Straight
140.00​
Headset 28.6mm fork, ZS44 (44mm press fit cup)
12.00​
Fork headset spacer set
9.00​
Handlebar:
25.00​
Seat post/clamp 30.9mmx400mm
25.00​
Seat
16.00​
Motor: Bafang RMG062 1000W 48V CST Geared motor:
243.00​
Controller: 1500w/60v
30.00​
Battery 21700 cells: QB27100 x 72
185.00​
Battery cell spacers 20x13P honeycomb 21700
18.00​
2x 15x15" aluminum plates for ebike triangle box build
42.00​
.5x.5 1/16th aluminum angle 8-feet
8.00​
Nickel Strip Tab 0.15mm x 22.7mm offset
18.29​
12V regulator for ebike lighting, USB charger, power meter
16.00​
Front Rim 26" 32H 80mm
55.00​
Front Spokes kit
36.00​
Front wheel hub
28.00​
Rear Rim 26" 36H 80mm
55.00​
Rear Spoke kit
36.00​
Rear 8SP cassette
18.00​
8 speed SRAM SP-830 chain
14.00​
8-Speed Rear Derailleur Schmimano Altus
23.00​
Bottom Bracket 100mm SRAM GXP
42.00​
2X tires 26x4
80.00​
Rotors 203mm front (and 203mm IS adapter), 160mm back
25.00​
Hydraulic brake set
53.00​
2x tubes 26x4
22.00​
TOTAL Price.
1,406.29​
Love to see more about your bike build. Where did you buy everything? Did you do a website or youtube of your build?
Thanks for the inspiration. I may do the same after the Wallke experience im having.

dude I saw this post and I also felt that my x3 pro is significantly slower than my other ebike so I downloaded Strava to test out the speed. Sure enough, my average speed on the app is 22mph while the bike says 30 mph. I also rode alongside a radrunner and I wasn’t able to catch up at the same displayed speed. Sigh I don’t know what to do because the bike is functioning and all but so many little things are off.

it has been my experience with all e-bike manufactures that the "top speed" is rated by having zero load on the bike, i.e. the rear tire is off the ground and you give it full throttle. no weight, no load, no resistance.

advertised top speed will never be achieved once you add the rider, water bottles, rack, cargo, etc.
I have to disagree. My Lectric XP lets me hit the advertised top speed in no time. Same goes to this bike as well (on the older and less expensive model), just not on the recent and more expensive bike. The display on my newly purchased x3 pro would show one speed but then my speed app would show a speed that is 8mph slower. That is what op and I are experiencing.

Do you get any service from anyone when you buy a bike from Amazon or just a good price and one click convenience?

Does Amazon have arrangements with to provide service on the bikes they sell or are you just an instant orphan when you buy from them?

I went straight through the company site for mine. The amazon fulfillment seems to come from the same place. I believe that Wallke support is the same no matter where purchased.

Do you get any service from anyone when you buy a bike from Amazon or just a good price and one click convenience?

Does Amazon have arrangements with to provide service on the bikes they sell or are you just an instant orphan when you buy from them?
Uhhh, I believe they refer you to the manufacturers rep, which is instant orphan territory, unless you have some mechanical intuition, a vague knowlege if electrical wiring, never ending patience, mixed with enduring outright stubborn tenacity. Then, you may get your easy "replacement" issues solved. you must be able to fight for it though. Otherwise its lost in a myrid of photo sending emails and broken english responses where you are left guessing what was just said. As in my case, I got a refund credit for a scratch, and a replacement rack for the bent one I received after a month. But as for the regen capability the bike was supposed to have, like all the reviews show, or all previous bikes had, and as for a working speedometer, I was finally told outright, the bike is meant to work that way, or not, as in the case of regen in the 2021 models.... sooo... what do you do when return shipping is 600.00 on a 1900.00 item? Buyer beware.

Last edited:
it has been my experience with all e-bike manufactures that the "top speed" is rated by having zero load on the bike, i.e. the rear tire is off the ground and you give it full throttle. no weight, no load, no resistance.

advertised top speed will never be achieved once you add the rider, water bottles, rack, cargo, etc.
I rode my bike, x3pro delivered May 2021, Wallke branded rear hub 750w, then rode my fathers Aventon fat tire Aventure with Bafang 750w rear hub. Both bikes claim 750 w. Mine max speed 22mph indicated by GPS. The Aventon, 29mph. Conclusion, Wallke's 750w hub is significantly slower.

I rode my bike, x3pro delivered May 2021, Wallke branded rear hub 750w, then rode my fathers Aventon fat tire Aventure with Bafang 750w rear hub. Both bikes claim 750 w. Mine max speed 22mph indicated by GPS. The Aventon, 29mph. Conclusion, Wallke's 750w hub is significantly slower.
How did the power up to 22mph feel? It might just be a top speed setting in the controller vs a difference in the motor?

How did the power up to 22mph feel? It might just be a top speed setting in the controller vs a difference in the motor?
Oh, its the motor. Or perhaps controller? Ive been in the advanced settings and maxed everything out. Unloaded, no rider, wheel free spinning, I can get 29mph with the speedo. But not with a rider. I also did a gradually increasing hill from dead stop comparison with the Aventon, just to see the feel. As the distance up and steepness of the hill increased, my Wallke decreased in acceleration as I continued up (struggling, slowing down as i climbed) where the Aventon continued to accelerate up the entire hill, rpm increased constantly. It's a vivid, noticable difference. My wattage display on the Wallke will max out at 860 watts or so. Thinking its like a Bafang 500w equivalent maybe, branded as 750. In every respect slow in comparison.

Back