Will you let your ebike take you 'where you don't belong' ???

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
Here are two pics from our trailcam which we have set up in our front yard, which is also a turf badminton court. The cougar is not a big one, but most definitely a cougar, who has been displaced by the clearcut next-door. And then a couple of pics when we turned the camera around, looking towards our duck house. That black bear is big, and was basically at our front steps.
I'd be thrilled to see a lynx or bobcat on my 23 acres. The predator eco-niche has been taken over by coyotes, big house cats, hawks. I get house cats living in hollow trees sometimes. Had a hawk caught by the e-bike on the ground under trees spread its wings and stick out its tongue at me this spring. There was a black bear spotted crossing the rocks of the Ohio R into the next county, but not seen since.

I’m game for a lot of things but my ebike ain’t taking me down that one. I’d repel it though!🤔

There is also an insane amount of insane rock climbing at Squamish as well.

As I've said in many other threads, most e-mtbs aren't made for the janky tech.

Ah, "financially adventurous" :). Debating whether this is "really living" or not, is probably beyond the scope of this thread. Besides, you were not doing crazy things, you did your research before starting this. A calculated risk. Still risk, yes.
Well its a bit 'crazy' to consider when you have 3 kids in or about to enter college, and no 529 plan, etc as a back up. (adios college funds ??? At least that's what my wife was thinking at the time)

35 years ago we used to ski places that made that look tame! But one "yard sale" crash up at Lake Louise 25 years ago cured me of anything remotely dangerous. After a couple years more of sedate stuff, combined with a rapidly deteriorating knee, had to hang up the skis.

Back to e-bikes, When out on my MTB, I am perfectly happy to turn around, or push the bike up or down a slope or section that I think will push my skills too far. I've recovered many of my stale skills from 30 years ago, but sometimes the body and common sense yells out "STOP"!

I hate crashing in fact today I wish I drove a step thru as I was trying to balance at at crosswalk jiggling the throttle and found a little uneven patch of ground and had to put my right foot down and met the crossbar. Oh my, and to top it off I am having hernia surgery this Friday:)

I'd be thrilled to see a lynx or bobcat on my 23 acres. The predator eco-niche has been taken over by coyotes, big house cats, hawks. I get house cats living in hollow trees sometimes. Had a hawk caught by the e-bike on the ground under trees spread its wings and stick out its tongue at me this spring. There was a black bear spotted crossing the rocks of the Ohio R into the next county, but not seen since.
I hadn't actually seen a bear in my property since the day the house foundation was poured in 1998, though my neighbors have seen bears on their properties. So it was a surprise to us. Ditto the cougar. We knew there was a cougar down the ridge across the road - - the sheriffs used to dump road killed deer there, so it was a nice buffet for the cougar 🙄. Now that area has been clearcut, and the cougar has been seen in people's yards. So if you set up a trailcam, you may be surprised by what turns up while you are sleeping...

This video was just posted on Electrek... it combines the advantages of EV power with a wingsuit. ;)

While normal wingsuit operators can often reach horizontal speeds surpassing 100 km/h (62 mph), the electric wingsuit can apparently boost speeds up to 300 km/h (186 mph). For the first test of the electric wingsuit, Peter was dropped by helicopter at 3,000 meters (9,800 feet) along with two other conventional wingsuit operators over the mountains in his native Austria. The trio flew toward a peak, where the other wingsuit operators began to fly around the peak. But Peter was able to accelerate and clear the summit, meeting the others on the far side of the mountain where they opened their parachutes and landed together. The electric wingsuit is powered by a chest-mounted rig. It has a total output of 15 kW, split among two 7.5 kW carbon impellers. They spin at a speed of 25,000 RPM and generate thrust for up to five minutes. It’s probably not long enough to commute to work, but plenty for a wingsuit flight! It sounds a bit crazy, but seeing is believing. Check it out below.

If anyone else has similar 'ebike adventure' stories they'd like to share, where they too did 'stupid' (but interesting) things, it could be sort of fun to read some of those. I have had some customer's share their ebike adventure stories. Everything from riding in the Rocky mountains in Tennessee to some harrowing desert ventures that weren't intended to be as long as they ultimately turned out to be. Fortunately none got 'lost'.

Speaking of cougars and protecting their cubs, check out this video.... (how would you like to be followed by one for 6 minutes while on a jog ? and narrowly escape becoming its 'prey'... some serious stuff going down in this one ) https://kslnewsradio.com/1934995/video-cougar-follows-man-running-near-provo-for-6-minutes/?
My (big) adventure...

Attachments

• downloadfile-7.gif
    downloadfile-7.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 302
Nice article. I have an appreciation for the mountain biking part of the story, I also, ride a Turbo Levo Comp. The 700wh battery gives you a lot of ability to get way back in the mountains.

I would never take the power for granted. That's why I pedal the bike without power a lot. Gives you a sense of how it is to pedal without the assist. And of course I always carry a repair kit.

Back