Will I regret rad mini step thru?

Azyogi

Region
USA
I’m 60 years old, very active, AND have had 2 knee replacements. I have the Rad wagon but am going to be spending a good portion on the road living out of my camper so am considering a Rad mini step thru. I will be using the mini as a way to explore around as I’m camped at camp sites as well as store supply runs into near by towns so I wont have to pack up the camper, so a bit of a second vehicle.

The main reasons for the mini are”
1: I can keep the mini in the camper and not need a exterior rack.
2. I like the step thru idea as my knee issues, the wagon is a bit of a pain to throw my leg over but its not horrible.
3. Easy storage in camper

I am wondering if I will regret this. Ive considered the commuter as its lightweight but I think I want gearing and front shock ...
I am 6 feet tall, 180 lbs, is rad min step thru too small for me?

Any I’d love thoughts and comments! Thank you....

Hi @Azyogi are you a yogi who lives in Arizona! If so, awesome ;) sounds like a great plan with your RV. My parents bought a high-step and step-thru RadRover to put on the back of their RV, but they can be heavy to lift, block your lights, get in the way of the exhaust, or even scrape the ground if you come to a dip or the start of a steep hill. Anyway, as you said, the folding ones are great if you can store them below or inside. I also have knee issues, so agree that step-thru is wonderful to make the bikes easier to approach and mount.

Are you going to keep the RadWagon? Just curious... I personally do not like the RadMission as much as the RadCity. I prefer the RadRunner Plus (with shock and gears) if you have a passenger occasionally or just like that style, but it's very comparable to the RadMini if you add the rear rack. I do not think the bikes will be too small for you if you raise the seat post and adjust the handlebar. For this price point, for an ebike with assist, throttle, gears, lights etc. there aren't many larger options to even choose from if you felt it was necessary. Rad does the low price + limited options and I think you'll probably be satisfied. It sounds like you already have had a good experience with the RadWagon, and it's a "one size fits all" model as well.

I’m 60 years old, very active, AND have had 2 knee replacements. I have the Rad wagon but am going to be spending a good portion on the road living out of my camper so am considering a Rad mini step thru. I will be using the mini as a way to explore around as I’m camped at camp sites as well as store supply runs into near by towns so I wont have to pack up the camper, so a bit of a second vehicle.

The main reasons for the mini are”
1: I can keep the mini in the camper and not need a exterior rack.
2. I like the step thru idea as my knee issues, the wagon is a bit of a pain to throw my leg over but its not horrible.
3. Easy storage in camper

I am wondering if I will regret this. Ive considered the commuter as its lightweight but I think I want gearing and front shock ...
I am 6 feet tall, 180 lbs, is rad min step thru too small for me?

Any I’d love thoughts and comments! Thank you....
Yes, I am a therapeutic Yoga instructor (exhaleyes.com). I love the rad wagon just way too big as my camper is on a Tacoma short bed and I’d love to keep everything packed inside when traveling. The runner is appealing for the reasons you mentioned but I’m not sure if I could get it in the camper, which is a Project M from 4wheel camper. I’ve toyed with the idea of heading to Seattle rad hq and just see if the runner would fit. I probably won’t keep the rad wagon as I’m really trying to reduce and live simply... thanks for the feedback

Back