Decisions,Decisions,Decisions need help in moving up to new ebike

Brian10956

I’m currently riding a Aventon Level and I’m getting ready to buy a new bike that will probably be the last one for me. I’m 6’ tall and weight around 210 I’m considered to be athletic by my peers but some of them can just about walk. I’m in my 70’s now and there are time when getting on my bike becomes more of an effort than it previously was. I’m still able to ride the bike it’s just that on some days when I’m not 100% I have to think about it it’s no longer automatic.

The bike I’ve decided on is the Wired Freedom it has most of the features I want and I feel that I’ll be very happy with it. But then I think of my occasional difficulty with getting on the Aventon will I have the same difficulty on the Wired, so I’m now thinking of also considering the Wired Cruiser it’s essentially the same but with these differences. It has a step thru frame and due to this it’s an also hard tail. I am thinking to overcome that disadvantage I can get a seat and suspension seat post (which I’m currently using on my Level to smooth out the bumpy trails and roads. The majority of my riding is on local roads, bike and walking paths and the occasional ride into the hiking type trails, definitely no heavy duty mountain biking.

I think that’s about it shall I get the Freedom or the Cruiser. My eyes are voting for the Freedom but my brain is pulling for the Cruiser.

What’s your opinion?

for that price the suspension is going to be pretty bad. remember suspension parts wear and need serviced. no way you will find parts for this in a year or two. no name brand motor and battery and company. remember e bike companies are flailing.

Seems like the Cruiser would be a good fit for you. I wouldn’t worry too much about the lack of rear suspension. The bike has big balloon tires. A suspension seatpost (SR Suntour NCX?) would also help.

I agree, finding replacement parts may be a problem, but you can always install a KT controller/display system when that time comes.

for that price the suspension is going to be pretty bad. remember suspension parts wear and need serviced. no way you will find parts for this in a year or two. no name brand motor and battery and company. remember e bike companies are flailing.
The motor is a 60v Hengtai if that means anything.

Back