Whoa.. is this real? An actual 3000W controller for the Bafang Ultra ?

Hey Tom, when you get a chance could you try level 1 pas with slow cadence 55-65 running 7-9 mph, this is an issue for my stock ultra when on the crowded bike paths And getting stuck behind slow walkers etc

mine Has some surging In that scenario , would like to know how the archon handles this

When I took it off road the other day I was following a slower bike and was playing with all the pas levels.
It surges a lot less in every scenario, pas level one on mine almost feels like your riding a nippy non powered bike now, the motor seems to negate the extra weight but matches your pedal input very well.

TBH I was never that satisfied with the PAS levels on the stock controller and used to run it at high most of the time because of this,
I do not know how to explain, but to me the stock one almost feels like it was fighting with itself at lower levels it just feels a lot more natural now and less lumpy instead of fighting the power it just provides the right amount in the first place.
I do not know if that makes sense? And it may have been something that could have been improved on the original with programming.

Oh the wheels have arrived and are fitted, they are much much lighter than my old set up but due to the continued terrable weather they are yet to be tried out.

Last edited:
Thanks for that feedback!
I know what you mean on the stock pas
Was able to smooth this out some with programming and someone else who really knows what they are doing might could do better but I am 90% sure I will do the archon in the fall

lucky for me excellent riding weather here and should be all summer so reluctant to have the bike down for sending the motor off until I get home in the fall

either the programming I did or just the different off-road riding I do in the summer keeps the bike from surging any

so I don’t need to worry about it until the winter when I ride the loop in tucson some

LOL I'm a plonker sometimes, anyway as I said before I changed the wheels and it was dry so took for short test, the bike was acting a little weird and after about a mile I noticed the speedo was not working, It dawned on me that I had not swapped the magnet over.
#dumbass

I just recieved a Watt Wagon E-mail, looks like you guys over the pond can buy the Archon now.
Nice looking addition's to your website btw.

I just recieved a Watt Wagon E-mail, looks like you guys over the pond can buy the Archon now.
Nice looking addition's to your website btw.

Thanks. 👍

I also want to confirm that you have 2 modes - eco and sport.

The clock .. the clock.. trust me - that is such a silly thing but I am so happy it works now. :)

I had to laugh and was reminded of this comment when you mentioned the clock about half way through your controller video :)
I know it is a small thing but in less lockdown like times I used my bike for long distance travel using trains for parts of the journey, so having the correct time displayed means I get to the stations at the correct time is a huge quality of life improvement for me.

Back