Whoa.. is this real? An actual 3000W controller for the Bafang Ultra ?

How does the ride compare to the regular controller ? Any comparisons ?

This is exciting! @pushkar cant wait to get the UC Pro with this.

Are you planning to offer the UC Pro with the EX1 /chain Groupset if we wanted to ? Or are there other hub options if we want to go offroad ?

Not sure if you were asking me, but I will answer anyway :)
It is a bit early to give my full opinion, and it has been a while since I rode the bike standard to compare. but here are my first thoughts.
It does seem to have smoother power delivery.
It is not as grabby when you pull away,
I opted to go for the x1 with the same wattage as the standard controller, I was happy with the power the standard ultra gave, but the upgrade seems to have better and more consistant power delivery and it certainly has not lost any peak power thats for sure. It does feel like it is a bit more powerful in general tbh.
Obviously if you go for the 3kw version It will feel a lot more powerful i'm sure.
I will be taking it on a route I ride all the time tommorow so I can compare range etc.

Edit
I also noticed that the motor would cut off more promptly after I stopped pedeling, (not that it took ages before) I guess thats down to it sampling the torque more often, this should help with shifting gears. And should be a little more responsive I guess. But I have not taken it anywhere technical yet to see.

Last edited:
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/spank-oozy-345-hybrid-boost-wheelset/rp-prod184425
I think I have found the wheels what do you think?
Waiting for 100% charge then I will do a range test,
@pushkar or any one else that may know, I do have a 1 queary concerning the PAS levels with the new controller and new display,
On the standard stock set I had 5 levels of Eco and 5 levels of turbo,
On the new set up I dont seem to be able to switch between the 2 lots of 5 levels.
Just having 5 levels of totally adequate as long as it is meant to be like that then it is no problem at all.
on the display I have the option to change this to 3 or 9.
Is this right or do I need to adjust settings.

I was going to ask innotech for clarification, but it is easier to explain what I mean with no translation involved, thanks in advance.

Edit lol I just realised it is first thing in the morning for you guys, no rush for the answer :)

Last edited:
On our version you can do eco / sport. We just made those changes (a couple others too) which is why we are a tad behind.
I’ll post a video on the controller / display etc next week. Will go through this in more detail.

Im guessing the changes you make are firmware based.
So does this mean the Archon without your updated changes will act like mine, with just the 5 assist levels? no seperate sport mode?
It does not matter to me as long as my 5 setting is meant to be at the fullest assistance level, or should I talk to innotech because something is not right?

Last edited:
Im guessing the changes you make are firmware based.
So does this mean the Archon without your updated changes will act like mine, with just the 5 assist levels? no seperate sport mode?
It does not matter to me as long as my 5 setting is meant to be at the fullest assistance level, or should I talk to innotech because something is not right?

I am doing 10 modes - to mirror the current 10 levels on the Bafang controller. IN any case, the assistance per level is 100% by default. So you should be good.

Cool thanks Pushkar, I'm a little less worried that something is wrong.

I wish Innotech provided some documentation :)
unfortunatly it rained again over here so I did not get a range test done and I wanted to clarify I was actually testing it it at top assistance lvl to draw a true comparison.
But as I said in the earlier post it seems to have the same if not more overall power assistance with the settings I have availiable anyway. And I noticed the other benifits.
I will talk to Innotech about future firmware support etc hopefully this will be something we can do at home in the future, but if this is the way mine works for now then I am happy with it.

Cool thanks Pushkar, I'm a little less worried that something is wrong.

I wish Innotech provided some documentation :)
unfortunatly it rained again over here so I did not get a range test done and I wanted to clarify I was actually testing it it at top assistance lvl to draw a true comparison.
But as I said in the earlier post it seems to have the same if not more overall power assistance with the settings I have availiable anyway. And I noticed the other benifits.
I will talk to Innotech about future firmware support etc hopefully this will be something we can do at home in the future, but if this is the way mine works for now then I am happy with it.

I am so happy you like it so far. We offer future firmware support for 2 years with the bike, and customers can sign up for lifetime subscription as well. Currently it is via a cable harness with a custom display. We are working to make that update OTA, so it is easier for everyone.

The actual config / tuning etc will need a programming kit for the moment. It will be via an app in the future (late this year / early next year).

Yeah I might be falling a bit in love with it tbh, I was impressed today I took it for the range ride at full assistance which would normally flatten my Battery and it still reads 32% capacity.
This almost gives it the range of my other Ebike on full power my other bike is a Focus S27 S ped 28mph std from the factory but the motor has only got a 350W nominal rating, it is nowhere as fast as my ultra, but at the same time it is a lot faster than your standard production Ebike.

Also everything ran cooler, not that it ran hot before but the temperature was lower on the case of the Motor and Battery after the ride.
And it definatly feels more refined more intelligent and a little more powerful my bike has a new character and I like it.
Other side benifits,
My clock never kept its time before, it does now.
My old set up would record a fictional max speed which would normally be lower than my average speed, yeah weird but it does not do that anymore.

No problem I'm kinda hyped so happy to talk about it, I get the impression that my bike has become one of the first privately owned bikes that has this upgrade, so I kinda feel like I should feed back what I think, to both help in developement and to give people who are thinking of the upgrade my opinion.
As when I was concidering this as a option I could find no user opinions for me to look at.
But also I had nothing to lose trying it because my ultra was not working at all before.
At first I was happy because it was working now I'm much happier that it is working so well.

Well so far so good, it has had a bit of off road testing now and I have had a play with the different assist levels each of which were useful depending on the terrain. It took on some pretty technical climbs succesfully and due to current weather it was pretty slippy over roots etc but yeah get the assist level and gear selection right and It would impress me with how it was getting up things, the control I was getting through the pedals at the lower assistance levels was very impressive and it was still supplying the torque to pull me up everything I pointed the front wheel at I guess the word would be that it had more modulation and responsivness,
The only issues I did have was when the person I was riding with failed climbs in front of me forcing me to stop on a few occasions.
Also it got some pretty good waterproof testing as the weather was truely horrid.

Anyway I purchased some wheels, not the ones that I linked before, but I saw a bargain on ebay, brand new/other been taken off a new bike to make way for something more expensive and carbon I expect. They are not Ebike specific and are mid range wheels but they should hold up alright.
Race Face AR27 hoops with DMR Hubs 36 spoke count (should help keep them strong).
(not sure how well known DMR is in the States, but they are a UK company best known for dirt jump style and harder hitting mountain bikes and componants)
so there stuff is known to be strong they have 9 degree pedal lag which is acceptable and also upgradeable to 3 degree's.
The wheels also came with a New pair of Maxxis Minions. So for £220 about $275usd they were a absolute bargain about 40% of the total retail price over here.
They should turn up towards the end of next week.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Great buy on the wheels and tires!

nice to hear the feedback on the technical stuff was good

am probably going to send the motor in for my wattwagon and have pushkar do this

intrigued by the battery efficiency increase also, how did the battery do on the technical stuff?

Hard to tell what the battery efficiancy was like on the tech stuff, I was scrolling through different settings while riding, and did not go fully charged in fact I had topped it up for about 30 mins after I had done the range ride so I started at <50%. I did ride it almost flat 8% and you could feel the power drop off at that percentage.
So can not be accurate but I did not feel like there was anything to worry about range wise, and would say that the 20% claimed increase is pretty accurate maybe even 25%.
There are obviously other variables like wind speed/direction tyre pressure etc to take into account.
My battery has not got a huge capacity 48v only 14ah and I am pretty confident at top assist level I could get 25 miles out of it now on a typical road ride.

I was lucky to get 17-18 miles before at full assist.

Over the next few weeks I will try longer rides at lower assist levels but I'm sure that 50miles+ will be achievable without knocking the assist down to much, we shall see,
but I guess I will have to account for using different tyres, they are Magic Marys at the moment so should have similar rolling resistance.

Last edited:
Hard to tell what the battery efficiancy was like on the tech stuff, I was scrolling through different settings while riding, and did not go fully charged in fact I had topped it up for about 30 mins after I had done the range ride so I started at <50%. I did ride it almost flat 8% and you could feel the power drop off at that percentage.
So can not be accurate but I did not feel like there was anything to worry about range wise, and would say that the 20% claimed increase is pretty accurate maybe even 25%.
There are obviously other variables like wind speed/direction tyre pressure etc to take into account.
My battery has not got a huge capacity 48v only 14ah and I am pretty confident at top assist level I could get 25 miles out of it now on a typical road ride.

I was lucky to get 17-18 miles before at full assist.

Over the next few weeks I will try longer rides at lower assist levels but I'm sure that 50miles+ will be achievable without knocking the assist down to much, we shall see.

@TomW Jesus!!

You got a 30% increase at full assist - that .. .. that is... mindboggling / insane (in a good way).

We need to make more controllers...

Ill have to run it from 100% non stop till it basicly stops to be sure, It definatly goes further but 25 miles is a informed estimate, it is definatly going to be between 20%-30% more I'm sure.

Just for selling purposes I am going to say no more than 15% gain for the 1000W version. 😂

I am so glad you are seeing the results.

If you say 15% then you will cover your back and it should account for any variables I feel you can guarantee 15% with no risk,
I am seeing a minimum 20%.

If you say 15% then you will cover your back and it should account for any variables I feel you can guarantee 15% with no risk,
I am seeing a minimum 20%.

I am going to put your quote on my website if you are ok with that :)

That is a very strong recommendation.

Honestly I am just happy I can bring this level of performance + efficiency to WW customers. With this new controller (and our slightly modified firmware version) I firmly believe we can crush every other bike out there on multiple dimensions - performance, range, efficiency, torque, components etc etc. The only real "issue" anyone can talk about is the "raw motor weight". I mean if that is all people can complain about.... 😂

Yeah sure quote away, I stand by a minumum of 20% gain.
LOL I am sure your range of bikes is lighter than mine, with your fancy carbon and titanium :) My bike is heavy but I do not notice the weight the power negates this and the centre of gravity is low so I only notice how stable my bike is.
I could shave off a few kilo's quite easily if I wanted and have concidered it, I am using a cheap dropper post it functions ok but probably adds a kilo or more, the wheels I am currrently using are really suprisingly heavy for what they are. I have not checked the weight of my new ones because I'm more concerned with other benifits they should bring, but I expect they will be lighter as a bonus. ( I will weigh both sets when they come)
If someone mentions the motor weight I explain that is because there is 4x as much motor and copper.
Before I worry about putting it on a diet I probably will upgrade the rear shock next.

Last edited:
Back