Best ebike

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

leonardopipek

Hey everyone,

I’m about to buy my first e-bike and I’m in doubt with these 2 models, which one would you recommend and why?

I will be using it in Boston for commuting, about 10miles/day

(If you know any other e-bike in the range of USD 2000-3000 that you think is better, please also comment below)

Thanks! :)

• Specialized Turbo: Men’s Vado 2.0 - 2019
  • Trek: Verve +- 2019

Tough decision! I own and totally love my Specialized, however I have the Vado 6.0, which is class 3 (28 mph). The Brose motor rocks because it’s smooth, powerful and whisper quiet. But it’s kind of a beast at 55 lbs with large 2 inch tires. I was thinking of getting a second ebike. (One can never have too many bikes, especially ebikes) The 2019 Trek Dual Sport Plus has my eye, even though it’s class 1. I like that it has smaller slightly narrower tires and weighs around 45 lbs, which is considerably less than the Specialized. I tend to haul my bikes frequently so lifting it onto a rack can be a challenge. I also like that Trek has streamlined the battery and merged it into the downtube.

I think you will enjoy whichever bike you choose, especially if your commute involves any hills. Ebikes rock!! Marci Jo

Commuting 10 miles per day for $2-3K? Either of those bikes and a hundred more will do. Consider the Crosscurrent X from Juiced Bikes, if you want a "sports car." If dealer support is important, there's a Pedego store in South Yarmouth. Unparalleled customer service.

I think a Easy motion S pedelec may be even better. Or a Bulls even better then an Easy motion . Bulls runs 4K and up , you can get one with sales around this time.
The top is like this- Stromer, Bulls, Easy motion/haibike then followed closely by Juiced brand , Specialized and the others.
The Easy Nitro City is 3.5k maybe less now with sales, but is same model for 2019 and is a bullet proof Fast tank with 600wh battery and no issues, if you look at the Specialized forum many ppl hav been having issues with their vado’s . Now the older Easy motion bikes 2015-16 had issues too, the models in 2018 went through many upgrades and far superior to earlier ones. But only one is an S pedelec. The Nitro City.
Reliability and warranty is most imp. , you don’t want to be stuck on the road with an e bike. I don’t know about the Trek bike, the Specialized I definitely do not recommend.

Hey everyone,

I’m about to buy my first e-bike and I’m in doubt with these 2 models, which one would you recommend and why?

I will be using it in Boston for commuting, about 10miles/day

(If you know any other e-bike in the range of USD 2000-3000 that you think is better, please also comment below)

Thanks! :)

• Specialized Turbo: Men’s Vado 2.0 - 2019
  • Trek: Verve +- 2019
Another thought, have you compared any 2018 models to the 2019 models? If there’s no difference maybe there’s a deal out there.

So many choices. My friend brought a Juiced ebike online, site unseen and never ridden. For my situation, I wanted the support of a bike shop. Obviously these ebikes are way more complex than regular bikes and I’m not an avid tinkerer.

Looking forward to to the photo of your new ebike!

Back