Which Frey to buy for commuting that has full suspension?

cstmichael

Region
Canada
Making a $5000 decision on a bike that you have never been on can be a daunting task. I'm looking for a commuter as well as FS, so I'm wondering if any Frey owners have found the solution or compromise. I am pondering the AM1000, M600 and CC. All of which I believe I can put a rack on. Are any not suited for the road and more for trails? My main concern is reach. I'm 66 and worry if the reach is too much I will suffer from neck strain on longer rides. Do you have thoughts on these?
Thanks

Making a $5000 decision on a bike that you have never been on can be a daunting task. I'm looking for a commuter as well as FS, so I'm wondering if any Frey owners have found the solution or compromise. I am pondering the AM1000, M600 and CC. All of which I believe I can put a rack on. Are any not suited for the road and more for trails? My main concern is reach. I'm 66 and worry if the reach is too much I will suffer from neck strain on longer rides. Do you have thoughts on these?
Thanks
I'd say the CC. Maybe put some riser bars with a bit of back sweep on it. There is a brand new one for sale in Palm Springs or Palm Desert by the member 'Taylor' here on the board. 👍

I really love my Frey CC. This is a tall bike My inseam is 30 inches. Since this is a big bike and I wanted to have both feet on the ground when I was stopped, I ordered my CC with a dropper seat post. That will allowed my legs full extension when riding. I lower my seat when coming to a stop. That configuration allowed max stability for me. All in all this is in my humble estimation a great commuter bike. I have also taken it on some interesting off road trails with lots of bumps, rocks and roots. i've ridden down stairs with it. The suspension of the CC eats all of it up. I was surprised at the bikes ability to handle the rough stuff. The components are top of the line. The build of the bike is first class. I'm 80 and stability when riding is of primary concern to me.

Attachments

• myFreyCC.jpg
    myFreyCC.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 229
Reactions: rtp
Back