Wheel circumference

Molly45

Hi all, new member here, and I've just taken delivery of my new Charger vario, absolutely loving it, don't wanna get off it! Anyway, I have a query, while scrolling through the settings on the display (kiox), I came across the wheel circumference menu which allows you to alter the size, but mine was set at 206.84 inch, how on earth is that calculated? Unless I'm going mad, circumference = diameter x pi.
Also, changing the size seems to make no difference whatsoever, there also appears to be no limit to how much you can alter it, my understanding was there was a 5% +/- leeway, but I scrolled down to 170 inch, before getting bored.
Can someone please explain, thanks.

That's actual circumference of the rubber tire, not the size number cast in the side of the tire times pi is what you enter into the parameters. The difference you will see from an incorrect number is inaccurate odometer and speedometer. Nothing with the feel of the bike.

That makes no sense. If I measure from ground to top of tyre, it's 27.5 inch, multiply that by pi, equals 86.39 inches.
A wheel with a circumference of 206 inches ( like mine says), would be about 66 inch diameter, that's nearly as tall as me!

I think the reading is in cm, not inches. 206 cm = 81.1 inches.

The easiest way to get a fairly accurate measure of circumference is to start on a level surface with the tire valve strait down next to the pavement. Mark this location on the pavement, then roll the bike forward in a strait line until the valve is again strait down. Make another mark and measure the distance between the two marks.

Last edited:
New #4
I think the reading is in cm, not inches. 206 cm = 81.1 inches.
That was my thought, but it clearly says inch

Attachments

• IMG_20190519_141427.jpg
    IMG_20190519_141427.jpg
    947.8 KB · Views: 1,521
another example of why the Kiosk was released before it was ready for prime time. Too many rushed mistakes and not enough beta testing.

I tried to set wheel circumference on smallest wheel size setting possible to trick my Bosch motor to assist beyond 28 mph (or at least to assist all the way to 28 mph). I have not noticed a difference.

another example of why the Kiosk was released before it was ready for prime time. Too many rushed mistakes and not enough beta testing.
I don't see how that can be put down to 'a rushed mistake', the figures are miles out, surely someone would have noticed? I thought maybe Bosch had some strange way of describing the circumference.

I don't see how that can be put down to 'a rushed mistake', the figures are miles out, surely someone would have noticed? I thought maybe Bosch had some strange way of describing the circumference.
That you even had to make a forum post about setting circumference on this bike computer is proof it was rushed out the door. It should be dead simple to set the circumference. Units of measure should be perfect before product is even announced.

That you even had to make a forum post about setting circumference on this bike computer is proof it was rushed out the door. It should be dead simple to set the circumference. Units of measure should be perfect before product is even announced.

That's kind of the point I'm making, the fact that the figures are so far off what you'd expect, makes me wonder if Bosch calculate differently somehow.
If it said inch, when it should be cm., that's a mistake I could understand, but converting to metric it's still nowhere near the actual size.

Back