What's that rattle

Wiley Coyote

Region
USA
City
ABQ, New Mexico
I have seen mutlitple YouTube video's regarding the Aventon Line, particularly the Level 2 and the Aventure. Both seem to rattle, quite audible in the video's. You certainly don't need a bell on your ebike to forewarn any foot traffic as they can hear you a distance away. What is doing all the rattling, kickstand maybe? Is there a way to mitigate the noise?

On my bike it was the brake rotors having a harmonic oscillation right at the frequency of the tire knobbles hitting the road at 16-21 mph. Different rotors with different stiffness made it go away.

I've ridden many miles alongside my friend's newish Level.2 and a few miles on the bike as well. Never noticed a rattle, so it's not a universal problem.

Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen for the replies. It does give me some insight, and it sounds like it may not be a chronic problem as I originally thought. I am planning on taking a hard look at the Level -2. Originally the Aventure -2, but I am an older gentleman who is rather leery of the added weight and would not think the Aventure would be as nimble.

Back