What would you do with 4000W power?

Exess makes excellent bikes and they have the new controller in them. However, they only sell the 1600W version (30A max). There is no confusion there. They also only sell a battery that can do a max of 30A.

Watt Wagons sells the 3000w version - it is custom programmed for us, with a lot of other features , and comes with upgraded Battery and BMS. There is a cost to provide these updates.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you for the explanation, pushkar

Did you know you have pay extra and specify you want the upgraded controller from Excess, otherwise it is just the regular ultra
Here is the link, they up-charge $390 Euro's, sorry to say if you never paid it for it you never got it.
Upgraded Controller

Watt Wagons will be standard with no up-charge when they launch.

That's what i did!
I paid 12€ to ship the motor to them, 390€ for the controller, 80€ for repairing the damaged thermistor wire and 12€ for shipping it back to me. Total off almost 500€!
Like two month ago they where advertising the new X1 controller with 2300W continuous and 3000W peak. So i was thinking that i get that for my 500€. Apparently not and that's why i'm pissed.

Thank you for the explanation, pushkar

That's what i did!
I paid 12€ to ship the motor to them, 390€ for the controller, 80€ for repairing the damaged thermistor wire and 12€ for shipping it back to me. Total off almost 500€!
Like two month ago they where advertising the new X1 controller with 2300W continuous and 3000W peak. So i was thinking that i get that for my 500€. Apparently not and that's why i'm pissed.
Hmmm..I don't understand I thought the upgraded Exess is equal to the X1 maybe the wattage is different, but they say 1600 watts max for their bike, Pushkar gives three options 1200/1600/3000 watt peak I don't see that with the Exess, so you should have the 1600W version like their bike says.

From their website
The result is a higher range when using the same power output or you can also use the higher effiency for more power output with the same power consumption.
But they don't tell how much it really is in wattage whereas Watt Wagons is more open about it.

I have topsided on my motorcycle at 40 mph and it hurts like hell even with body armor and a full face helmet.

Highsider
highside.jpg

Topsider
topsider.jpg

1591792317521.png

My present ebike, with a 500 W hub motor, allows me to cruise along at 20 mph with moderate pedaling. I'm looking forward to riding my upcoming WW Superbike (see what I did there Pushkar) but I

have no idea what it will be like to ride an ebike with 2300W of continual power. I suspect it will a hell of a lot of fun, but honestly I doubt I would have any desire for more power and more speed.

Having said that, after riding a 2300W ebike for a year I may be interested in more power. Heck, after driving my V8 powered Mazda Miata for a year I started searching for ways to make the car faster.

V8 Miata? My 4 cylinder gets up and goes

if you have a 3000 watt motor but go out and ride it within the same activity/speed/torch levels as you would on a 750 would the battery drain more or the same netween the 750 and 2300?

@Audiotom according to some test data @pushkar provided from riding the Travalanche w/Archon, the short answer is yes: the battery will drain quicker, resulting in shorter range.

If you have a 3kW motor, but only use 750W, then the battery drains at the 750W rate. This is always true.

The only remaining factor is the efficiency of the controller. How much power does the battery provide to the controller to get 750W at the motor?
At 90% controller efficiency, you're looking at 830W needed from the battery to produce 750W at the motor.
At 95%, then you are using 790W from the battery to create 750W at the motor.

So the only difference in battery drain 750W is if the controllers have different efficiency.

That said, I would bet the 3kW controller is more efficient at 750W. It might be less efficient at levels below 200W though...it would be interesting to see the efficiency curves of the controllers.

I just noticed this picture on their website:

Looks like all around better efficiency:

1592860897185.png

Curious what the efficiency delta is at ~200W of power for those trying to increase their distance...or what is the power level where the efficiencies intersect?

Back