What will you do for security?

Still waiting for my 700 but here is what I did on my other ebike ( Cube Acid mid-drive) .
1. Abus U lock - $80
2. Got one of those $15 113 db alarms from Amazon and hid it above battery
3. Replaced seat clamp with Allen head version - $5
4. Replaced skewers with Allen head version from Hexlox $ 15 each
5 Installed Hexlox inserts on skewers and seat clamp. - $50
6. Added $9 Hiplok steel ziptie to easily secure my bag and helmet

With this setup there is no need to lock front wheel or suspension seatpost and any tampering will result in a loud warning/ alarm to hopefully scare the thief away to find an easier target.
Welcome to EBR and thanks for the tip on Hexlox. ;)

HEXLOX - Saddle Lock, Wheel Lock, Bike Lock & More. Bike Anti Theft.

Still waiting for my 700 but here is what I did on my other ebike ( Cube Acid mid-drive) .
1. Abus U lock - $80
2. Got one of those $15 113 db alarms from Amazon and hid it above battery
3. Replaced seat clamp with Allen head version - $5
4. Replaced skewers with Allen head version from Hexlox $ 15 each
5 Installed Hexlox inserts on skewers and seat clamp. - $50
6. Added $9 Hiplok steel ziptie to easily secure my bag and helmet

With this setup there is no need to lock front wheel or suspension seatpost and any tampering will result in a loud warning/ alarm to hopefully scare the thief away to find an easier target.
Almost exactly my set-up.
Exceptions are, Abus 540 xplus 14"highest rated" u lock, $160 on sale for $90, $40 Abus frame lock for short stops and super convenience, (2), yes two motion sensing alarms, hidden power up button on battery, security clamp on triangle battery that requires hex wrenches to remove. lights; rear wheel; rear view; bar extensions; display; suspension seat post; cloud 9 seat and rear torque bar preventing removal of hub motor wheel all hex nutted.

Didn't bother taking off the quick release on the front wheel since it is old and single rimmed with a $20 Target front tire : ) Also have a "dinosaur" cable and padlock( came with the bike) for medium stay risks.

So I have the options of a 3 sec to activate Abus frame lock, 15 sec to to add cable lock, 20 sec more to add the Abus high security u lock and finally the added protection of one or two presses of a button to engage the two security alarms. So 1 sec to activate alarms to 39 sec to go to FULL BLOWN MAX security.
After have so many bike stolen as a kid I now feel relaxed that this bike will NOT be nicked !
IMG_0757.jpg

Which GPS tracker do you use/recommend?
I am using a hidden GPS tracker tail light, the TKSTAR906. Its a tail light that looks ordinary but has a GPS tracker hidden inside of it. Keeps tabs of my bike whenever it moves/vibrates and has a history tracking function, it also has a geofence and a few other features. SIM card powered and costs about 5 bucks a month to run. Battery lasts me about a week with heavy/regular use... keeps me great peace of mind.

Heres the link...

This is a timely post for me. I am looking for an ebike to keep in my NYC coop’s bike room. I haven’t moved in yet so I don’t know how secure it is. There is a doorman and hopefully cameras in the bike room. I don’t think I can get an alarm because someone may move it or bump into it getting their bike. I have a kryptonite folding lock and u-lock.

This is a timely post for me. I am looking for an ebike to keep in my NYC coop’s bike room. I haven’t moved in yet so I don’t know how secure it is. There is a doorman and hopefully cameras in the bike room. I don’t think I can get an alarm because someone may move it or bump into it getting their bike. I have a kryptonite folding lock and u-lock.
Dont be afraid to stick the 20 dollar alarm on there. I don't live in NYC or any surrounding burroughs but this guy would be a must where you live.

For my 700, I saw a lot of references to the ABUS so I ordered the only one I saw on Amazon which was the Abus 77251 5950 Pro Shield Plus. After receiving it, it is too small with the fender blocking an install. For others that ordered an ABUS, how did you install it on your bike or did you encounter the same issue and had to return?

For my 700, I saw a lot of references to the ABUS so I ordered the only one I saw on Amazon which was the Abus 77251 5950 Pro Shield Plus. After receiving it, it is too small with the fender blocking an install. For others that ordered an ABUS, how did you install it on your bike or did you encounter the same issue and had to return?
I do not have a fender....but if I had one that got in the way I would modify the fender, because the lock is well worth a little extra work to install.

Back