what sinewave controller can i use to replace the controller i have with the correct connections

hi one more thing as you see from the continuity test i did on both my c965 display and my p850c display. you mentioned about scrambling the wires around. is that so it goes in sync with the colours from the c965 display order even tho the colour of some of the cables on the p850c display slightly differ, saying that then if thats the case and all is correctly wired in order as what it would be from controller connection the the male plug i make specify for the p850c then once connected it should receive power correct when powered up using the control panel? and what colour order would it have to be?

On your controller, it appears that
1 = Control
2 = TxD
3 = RxD
4 =Ground
5 =Power

On the P850C
1 = PL
2 = data
3 = Power
4= data
5 = Ground

A straight thru cable cannot work, and I have my doubts now on whether the P850C will work with your controller. AT least your C965 runs the bike.

so i would have to scramble the wire colours of the p850c to go in unison with the colours in order of the controller display. Bypassing a straight thru cable? would that be anything to go?
Obviously i would have to put the power and ground connection in order with the controller. but on the p850c two data connections and a PL connection. would i be right in suggesting that the two data connections would be the TxD and RxD connections and the PL would be control i would imagine?

can i test the power to my new display just by connecting the the positive to the positive connection and the negative to the negative connection to see it power goes to my p850c before i continue with the other connections ?
i am however waiting on a cable with the 5 pin male to do this as i really dont want to be hacking into my c965 display to utilize the plug from that?

will wait for a reply..

thank you

can i test the power to my new display just by connecting the the positive to the positive connection and the negative to the negative connection to see it power goes to my p850c before i continue with the other connections ?
Do it with a voltmeter first, as it will not blow up if the assumptions about the pinout are incorrect,

Looking at the controller connector, check the voltage across positions 1 and 2. Position 1 is at 1-0-clock, first hole to the right of the notch. You should see the battery voltage with pin 1 positive relative to pin 2.

LCD_pins.jpg

hi i will do this check tomorrow and post the results as from the last post that the pinhole at 1oclock is the red + and no.2 is - but i will do this check with the voltmeter

hi just want to know settings do i need to use on my voltmeter to do this test? the image below is my voltmeter that i have?
i will await for a reply.

thanks

Attachments

• 20220614_171826[566].jpg
    20220614_171826[566].jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 136
You never mentioned your battery voltage, but what you will be seeing is that voltage, something between 30 and 55 volts. So 2V and 20V is too low.

That same meter is common in the USA, often given away for free at one popular discount tool chain here. I still chuckle at the hFE test position on the dial for testing transistors. It works but I suppose few people have used it, much less know what it is

vmm3.jpg

sorry for not returning messages as I've not been well, but I've been thinking?
what if i was to rewire my new display is the same was that my old display is wired in number sequence?

for example:::
if i was to try and get the wire with the male plug and with the same wire colours as my original display and rewire my new display in order and colour to how my old display is wired would that work?

as being that the new display will be colour and wired in conjunction with how the old display is wired and set up?

just an idea to a possible solution without trying to make something too difficult.

i will await for a reply

Many thanks

Darren

After reviewing this discussion, I believe you're trying to connect a new Bafang mid motor display to a Bafang hub motor controller. The connectors are different and there is no reason to believe they will be compatible.

After reviewing this discussion, I believe you're trying to connect a new Bafang mid motor display to a Bafang hub motor controller. The connectors are different and there is no reason to believe they will be compatible.
i agree, but both connectors are the round green 5 pin plugs, but only difference is that my new display carries a 5 pin female instead of a 5 pin male, that is why i had in mind to get another cable with the corresponding green 5 pin male plug and in number and colour order re-wire into my new display so in hope that it will work just as my original display does now

Back