What % of any given day do you spend thinking about your bike?

Nxkharra

My son who is rider just asked me this question.
I must admit the % is really high. Specially after I purchased an ebike.
Sometime others are talking and I am day dreaming about riding...
What is your % number?

I think about bike ride and biking issues 60-70% of my day.
Don’t know how else to say it.
If it doesn’t make sense ignore and sorry I asked and take valuable time of the forum.

I think I understand now, but, really, there was no way to get that out of your original post.

I ride at least an hour a day most days, so that's about 6% of hours I'm awake. Hard to say how much more I think about riding, because my mind is dealing with a lot of things most of the time, but let's triple the ride time. Around 18% seems about right I guess, which seems high to me, but when I add in maintenance and just seeing the bike on the rack on my truck all the time, maybe I ride or think riding or think about my bike 25% of the time.

TT

I get it now. You said, "what % of to me". Instead of "to me" you meant to type "time".

TT

Good work deciphering the code. I think about eBikes/bikes a lot, all I did today was ride to the bike shop, BS'd for a couple hours, bought another ebike, rode home and worked on it setting it up for a couple hours, went for a ride, had dinner, now I'm surfing the bike forums, I always finish the nights of watching bike or war documentaries until 1-3.00 am.

Today was an exception. I'll normally take a two hour ride then spend another hour or two working on my bikes, visiting the forums, hanging around the bike shop, or reading about bikes. I'm retired and it's a hobby with me now, I don't golf, drink, smoke, do drugs, have girlfriends, buy cars, fly, volunteer, etc.

Last edited:
I spend maybe an hour a week looking for routes to ride. I spend some time looking for accessories as well.
Then I do maybe 8 - 12 hours a month on the bike.

Because I believe it’s very important to lead a balanced and healthy lifestyle, I rigorously discipline myself to think about cycling no more than 90% of any given day.

I think about riding or my bike whenever works starts to suck so yeah,pretty much all the time.
Am always looking at Google Earth and Google maps to relive rides that I’ve taken, or dream up new rides.
AGF Toomanycats ?

Back