What is your current e-bike, and what do you hope will be your next?

It's no wonder why you brew your own at that consumption rate.....

One of 2 things I really wished i had learned to deal with growing up in the 70’s...beer and dancing!...fish now since it is healthier than the amount of other meats I eat too muchof. I have nothing against these 3 items I just didn’t enjoy them do I didn’t participate....if I had danced I Would have met so many more girls/women. Same with beer, the social aspect. i can see making y own beer if I liked it...just dont like “bitter“

after enough years of watching Moonshiners thought about a table top still to make small amounts of vodka but that would take time from riding.

Al, not DIY for my bike I want to ride only...the thought being DIY will take more of my time. The BH is geared hub, very loud to me. the Stromer Pretty darn quiet , just bad luck/quality With bike , more support then the bike itself. Would be pretty happy on a ST5 if i trusted Stromer again...I don’t!

My perfect bike would be a Stromer with fork ,2-4 mph faster and worked!

what is brand and model bike would this be?

DJ Bikes 2018 MTB, Juiced 2019 RCS, both good bikes for me and I'll be keeping them both for now.
My next bike, I hope would be my last bike for at least 5 years. They don't make it yet that I know of at the price I want at least.
t must have:

1. Internally Geared Hub with a suitable range.
  2. if MidDrive it must have Belt Drive .... but maybe it will be a new Hub-Motor with internally selected gears.
  3. A Big Battery... I'd like 2kW, but I might settle for 1.5kW depending on when everything else is available.
  4. Cadence Sensor/Torque Sensor/Throttle all should be individually selectable, but OK if throttle is always hot.
  5. 2.8" tires minimum, I'm thinking 3.0 would be perfect, but at this point I might accept 4"
  6. It should not have a proprietary battery, the batteries should be fairly priced and easily swappable.
  7. Still investigating full-suspension or not, geometry issues, ride position
  8. Reasonable, in my mind, cost.
  9. Provided, or available; Fenders, rack options, decent components in general
  10. Some other stuff I don't know yet.
  11. Bonus: user programable controller via bluetooth, tubeless tires, exceptional looks, light weight

Living in WNC for about 4 - 5 months a year I have got to watch the explosion of Brewery locations throughout the region. Being a non-drinker for the past 30+ years and having a wife who is an IPA snob, I have gone with her to numerous establishments around the country. I have to say, what cool folks you meet. Many are family oriented and can be because the vibe is so much different than the traditional Bar or Pub. I have encouraged my wife to try brewing her own but I think the social aspects win over any need to brew beer. I'm way Ok with it. With DUI laws getting stricter I'm glad to be there to drive, not that she ever drinks to many. Two is her limit. So... Breweries, eBikes and cheap guitars...life's good lol

I have a Biktrix juggernaut classic for winter trail riding and fall hunting.
I have an easymotion rebel coming tomorrow for summer riding.

I'm set for awhile!

I'm still really enjoying my Felt Sport-E (trekking bike), but I finally broke down and ordered both a BMC AMP Road One (drop-bar road bike), and a BMC AMP Cross LTD (crosstrail bike).

The two BMCs I intend to test-ride to see if I want to replace the Sport-E, or go back to having 2-3 e-bikes and supplement the Felt. Time will tell, but I'm really looking forward to it!

The felt was 45 pounds before I started accessorizing it, which is pretty good. But the AMP Cross LTD is 33.3 pounds, and the AMP Road One is only 32.7 pounds. Woohoo!

I have a Charger 2017, on which I'm upgrading the N380 with a Rohloff for this very specific reason.

For my next bike I'd like to have 2x625Wh batteries and some advanced function against thefts, such as automatic lock and an integrated gps
How are you replacing the n380 with a Rolhoff, I can't find that part anywhere, for context my N380 just died.

How are you replacing the n380 with a Rolhoff, I can't find that part anywhere, for context my N380 just died.

I did, or better: I let this been done by a mechanic.. a little expensive (1600€ only the rohloff itself, with the right spacer, etc etc) but considered I can travel much faster now it was worth it

I am not a speed junkie but I am going to pick one of the Watt Wagons. They are crushing it. Just launched the new controller to dial up to 3000W, with the Rohloff.

Let me rant about the "next bike".

I'm in a temporary position I could buy almost any e-bike of my liking. Why should I do it?
  • Any type of road e-bike is out of question. I don't want be hunched over the handlebars. No Class 3 road e-bike is (I think) available in Europe, and I am not and won't be physically fit enough to not make a fool of myself riding a road bike slower than any young brat could do on their acoustic bikes.
  • Riese & Muller HS? Oh, yes. Do I really need such a heavy bike? Will I be a better cyclist with an R&M? Certainly not. Longer range? I have spare batteries for my both e-bikes.
  • Allant+ 9.9s? Lighweight & fast. Is not my Vado 5 good enough? How much should I invest in the Allant (spare battery! dropper post!) to get the bike to the level of my Vado?
  • e-MTB? There are no mountains around. And the 25 km/h restriction? No, thank you.
  • A fat bike? Why should I be stuck at 25 km/h restriction?
Honestly, I don't need yet another e-bike. May my Vado and Lovelec serve me for long years to come, I might just upgrade them even more.

Let me rant about the "next bike".

I'm in a temporary position I could buy almost any e-bike of my liking. Why should I do it?
  • Any type of road e-bike is out of question. I don't want be hunched over the handlebars. No Class 3 road e-bike is (I think) available in Europe, and I am not and won't be physically fit enough to not make a fool of myself riding a road bike slower than any young brat could do on their acoustic bikes.
  • Riese & Muller HS? Oh, yes. Do I really need such a heavy bike? Will I be a better cyclist with an R&M? Certainly not. Longer range? I have spare batteries for my both e-bikes.
  • Allant+ 9.9s? Lighweight & fast. Is not my Vado 5 good enough? How much should I invest in the Allant (spare battery! dropper post!) to get the bike to the level of my Vado?
  • e-MTB? There are no mountains around. And the 25 km/h restriction? No, thank you.
  • A fat bike? Why should I be stuck at 25 km/h restriction?
Honestly, I don't need yet another e-bike. May my Vado and Lovelec serve me for long years to come, I might just upgrade them even more.

For MTBs the restriction is not actually a big thing since it is about the pleasure from climbing up the trails where you can't go much faster anyways and downhill you don't need the assistance.

Also Allant is neither fast nor light. According to the specs Vado 5 is only one pound heavier(52.5vs51.5). Also new brose is still superior, not as much as it was before but still much quieter and slightly more powerful.

I understand the e-MTB matter @Johnny; there are simply no hills around :D

You really surprised me with the Allant+ 9.9s weight. Regarding the speed, I just meant the Allant and the Vado are of the same speed class.
And, oh, uh, the Bosch motor, I'm really used to ride in the silence.

It looks my purchase of the 2017 Vado 5 with excellent specification and for peanuts was my lottery win. The same LBS has another identical e-bike on sale; this time for US$500 more. They are cheating and say it is the 2019 model (they did the same to me) but if I really needed more e-bikes, I would take that one.

I was thinking about an R&M, specifically the Homage HS because of the FS. The Gen 2 Bosch motor? No, thank you. Their dual battery configuration gives 1000 Wh while my two Vado batteries mean 1200 Wh (and my bike was so inexpensive...)

Back