What is wrong with Spandex...

I am big into fast drying, easy to wash clothing while traveling. Got light weight merino wool undies and t shirts and socks. Cotton is fine at home but too hard to dry on the road.

I will need to learn to knit my own wool undies.
1655510253586.png

...Lycra, Gore-tex, Softshell?

Isn't the hatred against these modern cycling-clothing fabrics expressed by the $1,000 e-bike crowd that simply cannot afford better clothes?
Nice. Always include an insult. It’s that very attitude that puts much of the spandex crowd into the status of fanboys and and ego centric asshats.

I found a reason to wear spandex on my extended ride last week. I usually wear loose fitting cargo shorts and on this occasion, the loose leg opening scooped up a bee. It stung me in shall we say, a "sensitive" area and I was quite uncomfortable for a couple of days.

I found a reason to wear spandex on my extended ride last week. I usually wear loose fitting cargo shorts and on this occasion, the loose leg opening scooped up a bee. It stung me in shall we say, a "sensitive" area and I was quite uncomfortable for a couple of days.
I do wear spandex occasionally as the padded insert is comfortable on long rides and dries quickly. What I don't do is buy the sponsor logo'd smallest size I can squeeze into. I also wear a low hanging quick dry shirt that falls a few inches below the hips.
I feel your pain with the bees as last week one flew under my face shield that's magnetically attached to my helmet. As I tried to swipe him away I smacked and lost the shield down an embankment but not before he stabbed me once on my lower eyelid... All while moving at about 18mph as I was just starting down hill.
Seems our balls are always open for attack. 🤣🤣

Sometimes I see some folks on the trail dressed for the Olympics and think hmmm....... Do I need to up my game? haha ..... Answer in my head..... RELAX, NO!!!!.... what is going on here, we are on a bike trail on Saturday. People are walking, dogs are pooping, and kids are everywhere.

I prefer riding with purpose designed cycle clothing. The bottoms are designed so that seams and chaff points are eliminated, they don't bunch up, insects are kept out and they move with, not against, you. The jerseys usually have bright, high visibility colors and three convenient deep pockets in the back for wallet, phone, mask, etc. I don't much care how it looks on my old body, I just want comfort, visibility and functionality tailored to the activity.

20210516_135235.jpg

I prefer riding with purpose designed cycle clothing. The bottoms are designed so that seams and chaff points are eliminated, they don't bunch up, insects are kept out and they move with, not against, you. The jerseys usually have bright, high visibility colors and three convenient deep pockets in the back for wallet, phone, mask, etc. I don't much care how it looks on my old body, I just want comfort, visibility and functionality tailored to the activity.

View attachment 128563
As always a class act. Not the typical spandy boy! Handsome fella and classy lady! How is the the homely guys (me) end upwith the classiest wifes. ;)

Back