What Do You Do During The Lockdown?

1615542376812.png

Not exactly I but a friend of mine who's bored with lockdown made this trick photo :)
"Stefan on the Moon".

Short history: When first safety bicycles from the British company Rover appeared in the land of Poland (non-existent then), the Poles started naming the vehicle just "rower" (like Thermos, for instance). The name survived to this day. On contrary, the Czech who still had lived under Austrian rule, copied the name "kolo" (wheel) from the German "Rad".

You take a ribbing (teasing) well Stefan and have an excellent grasp of the English language. Have you spent time in the US?
I've been to the United States for three times, and once to Canada. I work with American and British companies.
I've been using technical English for my whole professional life. Yet, I have achieved the best level of written English on EBR Fora, as I can learn everyday North American, British and Pacific English the fastest way here :)

I've been to the United States for three times, and once to Canada. I work with American and British companies.
I've been using technical English for my whole professional life. Yet, I have achieved the best level of written English on EBR Fora, as I can learn everyday North American, British and Pacific English the fastest way here :)
As a retired ESL (EFL, ESOL - whatever it's currently labeled), instructor, I salute you, Stefan 😊!

Let me tell you another story, Pat. I'm an introvert who has learnt to be extravert to survive. Moreover, any ambient noise impairs my understanding of any spoken language, including my native Polish.

Once, I went on a drinking bout over pubs in Cambridge, England. Most of people frequenting pubs there were English teachers. I'd already known it was very British to initiate a chat with strangers. In the last pub, I was sitting with three female English teachers of my age. Since a Pole in England is associated with a construction worker, the ladies were quite excited to have a chat with a Polish businessman wearing a suit ;) At some moment, I managed to make a grave mistake. I said "Oi!" :) Luckily enough, the teachers were already tipsy and forgave me my blunder :D

Many impressions on America and Canada. Very exotic countries for us Europeans... Totally different!

Now, once I pop, I cannot stop 😄
My first trip to the United States. We lived in a resort hotel in Virginia, international salespeople meeting. A lunch, self service.
There was a Frenchman. He was waiting for a waiter as if he were in France. As nobody approached him I said:
– It is a free country. Help yourself.

I couldn't understand the roar of laughter following what I said! 😅

I started to work on an old Pegas to recondition it. I will paint it in the weekend. Also, what engine kit do you recommend me? I want to make it electric :D

I like this one...

sweet Cus22, i dont own a PRS Core Model Just an US S2 and an Import SE and i love them both but yesterdayi saw Kirk Fletcher playing a Core Model Cus 24 with Martin Millers Band and i really started getting that itch, maybe one day if i get a raise lol...BTW this is the video, the PRS sounds so sweet and beefy!

As Requested...

View attachment 81752
"Stefan Mikes on The Moon Update" Cyberpunk Radek did an excellent work! Not only the Polish flag but also Polonez car (1978-2002) instead of the buggy :D
Friends. Radosław "Cyberpunk" Siwek, my close friend and the author of the trick photo died unexpectedly today at age of 44 47. (No death cause known yet).
I cannot believe it...

Last edited:
Back