What camera do you use on your rides.

Awesome. Have you tried the Focus/Auto Track features out yet? I’ve been hesitant in upgrading to the 3 as I’ve heard that once Active Track loses sight of the framed subject the connection gets lost. eg. – walking under trees or behind structures (at higher elevations) whereas follow me mode with the mini 2 using the Litchi App relies on the signal from the controller. I may wait until a Litchi compatible model 3 is available and that won’t happen until DJI releases the SDK (software development kit) for the mini 3 which might be sooner that later. Did you opt for the RC with the built in screen?
I think your drone capabilities are way above mine. Haven't pushed the Mini 3 to the limit yet but yes it is prone to loosing sight as you mentioned. At least it stops at that point rather than crashing into whatever is blocking it....

I think your drone capabilities are way above mine. Haven't pushed the Mini 3 to the limit yet but yes it is prone to loosing sight as you mentioned. At least it stops at that point rather than crashing into whatever is blocking it....
I've also experienced a few close calls so I'm still learning on the fly...pardon the pun. What I like about the 3 is the latest enhancements that DJI has introduced similar to what's found on its more advanced models. F/R sensors, vertical shooting, longer flight time, better photo res...but the real attraction for me is the low level pilot assistance enabling it to avoid obstacles in real time particularly in riding scenarios. For the time being, I'll hold on to my 2 until the issue with the tracking gets sorted out. Great shots, BTW. 😎

PD and Guys
That's unreal to have a drone follow you, I love the over head views,
after the last go around with my drone (where ever it may be),
I'll have to take photo's etc.
What is the average flight time per battery charge?
Thanks,
Don

PD and Guys
That's unreal to have a drone follow you, I love the over head views,
after the last go around with my drone (where ever it may be),
I'll have to take photo's etc.
What is the average flight time per battery charge?
Thanks,
Don
Max flight time for the mini 2 is 31 minutes and 34-47minutes for the Mini Pro 3 depending on the battery type. I don’t think that I’ve ever flown the drone longer than say 15 minutes at a time. Occasionally, I’ll push it when I’m practicing my technique in an open field. I usually bring along a spare battery with me when I plan to ride with the drone while it’s airborne.

Kananaskis, AB
DJI_0032_Moment.jpg

Once visited the Kananaskis area and parts west on a structural geology field trip. Absolutely stunning!

Geologists like to say that with great geology comes great scenery. The Southern Canadian Rockies in Alberta could be the poster child.

In carving their deep, steep-walled bedrock valleys through these mountains, Ice Age glaciers beautifully exposed nearly every possible kind of rock folding, faulting, and uplift you can get with sustained horizontal compression of the crust — in this case, some 50-80 million years earlier. Absolutely textbook stuff — but also with many important complications the textbooks gloss over.

Last edited:
I have added a pair of these mini action camera's, plus the helmet camera,

I now have a camera on the front, back and on top of my helmet,
seem to take very nice photo's, and I have a very large storage card for each camera.

These camera shot are blur free, even over the rough ground I ride in, you can very easley get a license plate number from either the front or back bike camera's, and even from the helmet cam, this camera is set up with it's own extra battery pack.
the other 2 have a HD battery pack under the seat and power cables run to
each end of the bike.
I am tickled with these cameras and the photo's are clear and sharp,
and how well they work.

I used to use a GoPro Hero7 and an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I found though, for me, that there was too much going on.

Now, I just use an iPhone 14 Pro Max, which seams pretty good for what we need.

I use a QuadLock motorbike handlebar mount for the phone. If I need to take a video whilst riding and can just alter the angle of the mount.

DG…

Back