Watt Wagons Ultimate Commuter Pro

Hey guys, I added a few more videos .. The 4 pillars of biking / commuting are Ergonomics, Performance, Reliability and Upgradability. Here I talk about what we have put in for Ergonomics and Performance

First post!
Hi everyone, last Friday I placed an order for a Watt Wagon. As promised, assembly began yesterday and the bike will hopefully be shipped next Mon/Tues. Pushkar sent me a photo yesterday showing the progress on my bike (frame all wired up). Once you place an order for something like this the wait becomes that much more difficult, so the progress updates have been hugely appreciated.

I was drawn to this bike primarily because of their focus on using high-end components in pursuit of the goal of building as reliable of a commuting e-bike as possible. I am hoping to use this as a true car replacement for my 25 mile round-trip Wisconsin commute, and want to minimize repair time as much as possible. Second, I was drawn to his emphasis on building a bike on an open platform that can be maintained and upgraded over time. Finally, I have been super-impressed in working with Pushkar. So far he has been super-responsive to my emails, both before and after the sale. Of course time will tell, but I sense that he will continue to provide a high level of support. I will share both my initial and ongoing impressions with the bike after it arrives.

I can't wait!

First post!
Hi everyone, last Friday I placed an order for a Watt Wagon. As promised, assembly began yesterday and the bike will hopefully be shipped next Mon/Tues. Pushkar sent me a photo yesterday showing the progress on my bike (frame all wired up). Once you place an order for something like this the wait becomes that much more difficult, so the progress updates have been hugely appreciated.

I was drawn to this bike primarily because of their focus on using high-end components in pursuit of the goal of building as reliable of a commuting e-bike as possible. I am hoping to use this as a true car replacement for my 25 mile round-trip Wisconsin commute, and want to minimize repair time as much as possible. Second, I was drawn to his emphasis on building a bike on an open platform that can be maintained and upgraded over time. Finally, I have been super-impressed in working with Pushkar. So far he has been super-responsive to my emails, both before and after the sale. Of course time will tell, but I sense that he will continue to provide a high level of support. I will share both my initial and ongoing impressions with the bike after it arrives.

I can't wait!

Thanks for the kind words @DaveMcK . I appreciate your feedback. I will email you as the bike ships out. :)

I express my appreciation for such an advanced bike! But I have a question. Does the belt have a lifetime warranty? How can I replace it in the event of a breakdown? Respectfully!

I express my appreciation for such an advanced bike! But I have a question. Does the belt have a lifetime warranty? How can I replace it in the event of a breakdown? Respectfully!

Belts will have the normal wear and tear - somewhat like a chain. Carbon Gates usually specifies that belt will last 3k-5k miles of riding.

The frame has a break point on the right seat stay - if you want to remove / replace the belt.

I just stepped out but will try to upload a pic of the frame in a few.
IMG_5058 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Belts will have the normal wear and tear - somewhat like a chain. Carbon Gates usually specifies that belt will last 3k-5k miles of riding.

The frame has a break point on the right seat stay - if you want to remove / replace the belt.

I just stepped out but will try to upload a pic of the frame in a few.

Thank you for answer! I find money for ordering your bike to Russia.

I had a gates belt for seven years on a Trek District without even an adjustment. I know, different application but I sure wouldn't worry about a belt on an e-bike. I wish mine had one.

I had a gates belt for seven years on a Trek District without even an adjustment. I know, different application but I sure wouldn't worry about a belt on an e-bike. I wish mine had one.

Agree, I find wear, tear, and adjustment of belts on eBikes a non issue.
Gates have an app you can download to your phone which makes adjustment very easy, you pluck the belt and the phone measures the belt's Hz making spot on adjustment very easy.

Right, I find Gorilla glue works best and sets up very quickly, I'm usually riding five minutes after cutting the belt.

I've seen riders cut the frame with a hack saw but finding titanium Gorilla glue can be difficult on some rail trails.

Last edited:
We were kidding, I would never cut a belt nor should anyone else?
I don't think a glued together belt would make it very far.

I've been following this thread and although I'm not in the market for a bike currently, the price point seems to be spot on and appropriate looking at the various components being used. I myself took a Juiced Bike HF1000 and turned it into my version of the ultimate daily commuter. I'm almost sure that taking into account upgraded drivetrain, brakes, controller, seatpost, handlebars, suspension, etc., the total amount that I spent is somewhere near the price point of this bike. Plus at the end of the day this bike has the belt drive and Rollhoff hub. My only minor critique is the Suntour suspension, the newer air units seem to be of higher quality, but as for long term reliability and replacement parts, there doesn't seem to be as comprehensive support as RockShox or Fox. If I was to spend over $6k for a bike paying even a little extra for that would be acceptable.

Other than that, I hope this is successful venture!

I'm interested to see if this bike would be allowed to be programmed for power levels beyond 750w?

I had a conventional belt drive bike for commuting before I got my e-bike. Was a Spot ACME and I loved that bike. I put about 6500 miles on the belt before I sold the bike. Had already bought a spare but did not need to install it yet. I reversed my belt about 4000 miles in to even out the wear on the "teeth".

I had a conventional belt drive bike for commuting before I got my e-bike. Was a Spot ACME and I loved that bike. I put about 6500 miles on the belt before I sold the bike. Had already bought a spare but did not need to install it yet. I reversed my belt about 4000 miles in to even out the wear on the "teeth".

I've never thought of that, is that recommended?

Back