Watt Wagons Ultimate Commuter Pro

Your enthusiasm and input on this forum is greatly appreciated, I wish all manufacturers had your presence on the forum. Sending out the cranks to previous owners is a big plus, that's customer service. I've purchased one of your bikes and I know first hand how dedicated to customer service you are, you must be you've put up with me. And no, I'm not related to Pushkar:)

@Feliz thanks so much for the kind words. We are lucky to have customers like you. Please don't hesitate about getting in touch on forums or email - you not only provide great feedback, but allow us to improve as we build something great.

I just bought my ebike last October so buying another one now is out of the question. Of course if I could get a reasonable offer for my current ride that would help but I'm afraid our ebikes don't hold value very well. The watt wagon checks off all the boxes for what my current ride is lacking. Excellent execution on this ultimate commuter IMO

I just bought my ebike last October so buying another one now is out of the question. Of course if I could get a reasonable offer for my current ride that would help but I'm afraid our ebikes don't hold value very well. The watt wagon checks off all the boxes for what my current ride is lacking. Excellent execution on this ultimate commuter IMO
Thanks so much. We want to be known for quality and we will keep working towards that.

Question, would the rear chain stays on this bike be considered "elevated chain stays", in other words, I notice there are no cut-outs to pass the belt through in the event it was necessary to change the belt.
The chain stays look elevated to me so the belt could fit below the chain stay. I hope I'm explaining myself correctly. I was watching a video review of an R&M bike and they had what they called elevated chain stays and it made chainging the belt look easy.

I have an eProdigy Magic Pro with a mid drive, belt, and Alfine8 and to change the belt I have to remove a piece of the frame. This is just a curiosity question, it make no difference to me although it might if I had a flat.

I was watching a video review of an R&M bike and they had what they called elevated chain stays and it made chainging the belt look easy.

This is an elevated chainstay on a R&M charger.

1563771904528.png

Your eProdigy Magic Pro does not have an elevated chainstay but rather a split in the tubing. I have marked it in red in this picture. This split allows you to pass the belt thru. It is important that this should not be loosened because it would compromise the structural rigidity if it is loosened and could lead to crash or other unfortunate situation.

So, in short, for a belt drive to work, one has to have some opening either by using elevated chainstay or a split in the tubing.

1563772133310.png

1563772149538.png

View attachment 35655

Your eProdigy Magic Pro does not have an elevated chainstay but rather a split in the tubing. I have marked it in red in this picture. This split allows you to pass the belt thru. It is important that this should not be loosened because it would compromise the structural rigidity if it is loosened and could lead to crash or other unfortunate situation.

So, in short, for a belt drive to work, one has to have some opening either by using elevated chainstay or a split in the tubing.

View attachment 35656

View attachment 35657

View attachment 35655

View attachment 35656

View attachment 35657

Yes I know all that Ravi, I was asking if the Ultimate Computer Pro has an elevated chain stay or a cutout like my eProdigy. Sorry if I didn't ask the question correctly.

Does this mean you might consider making cheaper one soon?

It's way out of my price range, and I'm not willing to spend that much money on an ebike. (Yes, I understand that you're using expensive components)

But I really like the idea of Bafang Ultra powered commuter bike!!

Hi. I PM'd you to get your thoughts on a lower priced variant. Any thoughts ?

Pushkar - there is a typo in the description for the Brooks Saddle. Missing a "p."

saddle
The Brooks B-17 Imerial is an excellent saddle

This is like the perfect bike for me other than one thing. Are you planning on making a bike with wider tire clearance? Perhaps a 27.5 PLUS or Fat bike?

Last edited:
One thing I can think of.. Same bike with aluminum frame. I'd hate to lose the rohloff hub and gates belt or the bafang ultra.

Potential places to shave costs:

1. Fixed front fork instead of a front suspension. Let the Kinnect do more of the work.
  2. Material costs in frame as mentioned before.
  3. Different screen. Not knowing what the costs are, but maybe something like the 500c or the 750c? I assume those are cheaper but I honestly have no idea if they are.
  4. Move the following parts as optional upgrades or accessories
    1. ABUS lock
    2. Brooks saddle
    3. Origin Strongbow handlebar
    4. Ergon GP1 Grips
    5. Crankbrothers Pedals
    6. Cellphone holder
It's a shame that Rohloff doesn't make a lower geared or more affordable option as that could also help. The only other option I could think of for the drive train would be a Pinion gearbox with a hub drive but I've never had a chance to experiment with that kind of a setup.

my wife's ebike has the shimano nexus 8 speed IGH. I'm impressed with it but unsure how much power it can take. I'm sure it's far cheaper than rohloff. I've been trying to get her to let off pedal pressure when shifting (with some success) but not sure how much abuse it can take. So far all is well but just 350mi. on it. Possibly offer the nexus IGH standard and rohloff as an upgrade? This might be getting away from the intent of the wattwagon though

my wife's ebike has the shimano nexus 8 speed IGH. I'm impressed with it but unsure how much power it can take. I'm sure it's far cheaper than rohloff. I've been trying to get her to let off pedal pressure when shifting (with some success) but not sure how much abuse it can take. So far all is well but just 350mi. on it. Possibly offer the nexus IGH standard and rohloff as an upgrade? This might be getting away from the intent of the wattwagon though

The Ultra would blow it to pieces . I love the Rohloff but I would only use two or three gears. I wish they made a five speed.

Back