Wanted: Lightweight (less than 20kg), high Torque (90NM), Motor offering large amount of power 500w+, removable large battery

I'm looking at Alchemy E-Ronin bike (made in USA) https://alchemybicycles.com/product/e-ronin/
has mounts for rack and mudguards.
Starts at $6500 US
Fazua evation motor system.
13.2 kg with battery, without rack
drop handlebars

Very nice bike! In this price range, you may want to also consider the 26 lb Wilier Centro and Pinarello Dyodo gravel and road bikes.

1590856245818.png

Did my homework and learned.

If anyone else needs the info , here it is :

OMG! I just read the S-pedelec info for the UK. They couldn't make it any more inaccessible. I still have hope that a powerful motor on a manageable, lightish bike is out there. TBH if i can lift it and it gets me up the hills i'd pay for it, even if dear. Drop downs are a bit of a no no as i'm more confident on flat bars. Thank you though. Aneesa x

I think that this thread has now run its natural course... many options have been presented in over a 100+ posts.

Time to pay your money and take your pick... good luck and let us know what you decide on. Long may you ride.

I think that this thread has now run its natural course... many options have been presented in over a 100+ posts.

Time to pay your money and take your pick... good luck and let us know what you decide on. Long may you ride.
Ah, sorry, I didn't realise this was an exclusive club with a moderator. I'm finding the insights from all those who are contributing very helpful so please don't feel you need to stay in my thread if you are bored. I'm new to this world so appreciate the input people have kindly given and given the cost of ebikes feel it's important to consider the different opinions being given.

Hi everyone
I hope you're all well. I'm trying to find the lightest (13kg without battery), high Torque (90NM), Motor offering large amount of power 500w+, removable large battery possible.
My current bike is 13kg and I can just about lift it up the steep, 45 degree steps into our house. I know I can get great heavier bikes but i've really struggled with the weight of these when trialing them with the walk assist feature.
I need to carry up to 10kg of weight in panniers or in a ruck sac up very steep hills so need a powerful motor and a lot of torque. (I'm still learning about all of this but tried 60nm) and felt i still had to put in a lot of effort on the hills which would just put me off using the bike so it needs to be something manageable.
I've tried a Focus Paralane2 which was lovely and light and about 60nm so pretty good up hills but has no rack and Focus advised against me adding one.
Also, an Ezego commute which was lovely, but struggled up the hills and the walk assist failed up the steps. The 20kg weight was really difficult for me to manage.
So, i'm looking for light and powerful. I know it'll be pricey but am looking for realistic suggestions.
Can anyone make any suggestions? I'm learning lots as I go along from some lovely bike shop owners but I'm not quite there with having found my dream, practical bike yet.
Thank you
What do think about this one? Perhaps you would have to remove the bags and battery in order to carry it upstairs though? https://moustachebikes.com/en/electric-bikes/friday-28/friday-28-7/

What do think about this one? Perhaps you would have to remove the bags and battery in order to carry it upstairs though? https://moustachebikes.com/en/electric-bikes/friday-28/friday-28-7/
Thank you for this suggestion. I tried a Focus Paralane2 9 which looks similar in terms of spec. That had 65nm and 250w so the main difference seems to be the 500w instead of 250w battery. I am looking for something with a little more power than the Focus and preferably with flat handle bars. I am expecting to need to remove the pannier and battery which would make this lovely and light to lift... just needs a little more power.

Thank you for this suggestion. I tried a Focus Paralane2 9 which looks similar in terms of spec. That had 65nm and 250w so the main difference seems to be the 500w instead of 250w battery. I am looking for something with a little more power than the Focus and preferably with flat handle bars. I am expecting to need to remove the pannier and battery which would make this lovely and light to lift... just needs a little more power.
My mistake , I thought you wanted a dropbar road bike. How about this then? It will climb with apblomb. https://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en_CA/...s/allant/allant-7/p/30918/?colorCode=bluedark.

you need one with at least 90nm and 750watts.
otherwise you throw your hard earned money out the window.

Agreed. My previous ride, a 35 nm 250W Evo Cross (detuned from 350W for compliance), shot me up most hills with aplomb at the UK legal limit.
HI PMcdonald, I don't know the Dapu motor bike i tried atn Ezego commute int which was 45nm and this didn't feel enough for me on the steep hills. I think I do need something around the 70+nm mark (like the Focus but with more power).

HI PMcdonald, I don't know the Dapu motor bike i tried atn Ezego commute int which was 45nm and this didn't feel enough for me on the steep hills. I think I do need something around the 70+nm mark (like the Focus but with more power).
I agree the Dapu would have struggled on steep, steep hills. Specs sometimes belie performance though, and often on these forums I see a fixation on torque or engine output wattages that don't necessarily bear out in real life, particularly with our low legal limits. There's a limit to how informed your decision can be based on research alone.

It's good and I think appropriate to do as much background research as possible when dropping these large sums of money. But ultimately it'll be test rides that settle the decision for you. I, and many others here, encourage you to ride as many different models as possible. Some retailers will even let you have two or three day loans of bikes, which are great ways to get to know a bike before purchasing.

It weighs 20 kg with the battery but she already said she does not want dropped bars.
I know I can lift 13kg, (14kg at a push) but i injured my back and arm so can't manage much more. The problem is as well as wanting to get up very steep hills and wanting a powerful motor/ torque I have very steep steps to my house approx (45 degrees) and struggled to push bike even my light bike up this gradient. I tried a walk assist on a 20kg ezego which cut out and I couldn't manage that weight:-((

I agree the Dapu would have struggled on steep, steep hills. Specs sometimes belie performance though, and often on these forums I see a fixation on torque or engine output wattages that don't necessarily bear out in real life, particularly with our low legal limits. There's a limit to how informed your decision can be based on research alone.

It's good and I think appropriate to do as much background research as possible when dropping these large sums of money. But ultimately it'll be test rides that settle the decision for you. I, and many others here, encourage you to ride as many different models as possible. Some retailers will even let you have two or three day loans of bikes, which are great ways to get to know a bike before purchasing.
Thanks pmcdonald. It's been quite hard finding bike shops who will allow test rides let alone have stock in or are prepared to order anything in unless you commit to buying it without a test ride. I understand this policy but hate it and there's no way I can buy something like this without riding it first. If i'd done that i'd be stuck with several ebikes that weren't suitable for me. Where are you based? I'm in Brighton. I've made a comparison table based on my experiences and research so far but as you say, nothing will be as helpful as trying them out.

Back