Toseven DM02 500W Motor

They sent the wrong lockring. The BB is 33mm and the lockring they sent is 40. It is going to a software engineer so maybe he can defuse the imbedded programing malware. I am just calling the shots as I see them. It is all through frame now and the motor is in. Next it is soldering inside the motor, moving a connector for programing, and other such details. Oh, I just took a lockring from a retired TSDZ2.
Edit Correction: The 40mm is the lockring for the chainring. So, it was just missing a lockring for the motor.

1716424521710.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a box of spares I can sort thru to see if I have a 33mm but last I recall they were all over 50mm...

Ohhh wait you said "lock"ring

Last edited:
It is finished. Power, Up. + i gives the basic programing after a secondary default code is entered on the display. The test ride was amazing, with tons of pull and smooth delivery. It is very fast.

Nice to hear. Would you use this kit again?
This will now be my default kit. Someone took my camera from a visible mesh pocket on my pannier. It was a bright yellow scuba video camera. I will see if a friend can take photos this afternoon. When you remove the main gear cover behind the chainring you can really see the level of quality. It pulls like a big Bafang but is compact and light. It is also smooth with torque and cadence balanced. There is no lag, surge, or overrun and no ghost pedaling. The display is very nice. Two more are arriving late next week. It is a Bosch killer that goes on 90% of regular bikes. The kit came with a throttle that I did not use.

This will now be my default kit. Someone took my camera from a visible mesh pocket on my pannier. It was a bright yellow scuba video camera. I will see if a friend can take photos this afternoon. When you remove the main gear cover behind the chainring you can really see the level of quality. It pulls like a big Bafang but is compact and light. It is also smooth with torque and cadence balanced. There is no lag, surge, or overrun and no ghost pedaling. The display is very nice. Two more are arriving late next week. It is a Bosch killer that goes on 90% of regular bikes. The kit came with a throttle that I did not use.
I want to like this post, but your camera got stolen. :(

Great to hear that the motor operates well. Seems like a good addition when doing the conversions you do. Very…..fitting. :)

Last edited:
The owner of that bike is a carbon roadie. This is a spare bike setup as a kid hauler with a trailer. The display has three modes, Eco, City, Sport and has five power levels.

Too bad you couldn't have found some 12mm rings so they would actually fit you.... :p
Why do you hurt me?

But actually that photo your lady showed you is deceptive due to the fact it's in the same frame as her a$$

Last edited:
The owner of that bike is a carbon roadie. This is a spare bike setup as a kid hauler with a trailer. The display has three modes, Eco, City, Sport and has five power levels.

So did you consider any of the CYC motors that seem to be offering similar?

And if you get a chance you should really document the display and it's available settings.

The Bafang was programmable though not officially from the manufacturer and a beast of a motor.. but only cadence-sensing.
The TZD are a firmware and sensor hack job and anemic.. but at least it was torque sensing.

Be nice to see if someone really put together a torque sensing strong motor that truly is manufacturer supported /user programmable.
The maleware ridden software isn't too convincing.
Is the display fully capable of making all the adjustments that the software does?

In this context, how do "modes" and "power levels" differ in terms of motor power or torque actually delivered to the crank?
Good question. Power level is how much it is amplified. Mode is like different pedal effect boxes for a guitar. Sport is jumpy, such as to navigate around roots. Eco is smooth. City is somewhere in between. That is by default. Once we get the programing from a PC worked out the can be customized to mean whatever you want. Distortion, Sitar, & Echo boxes anyone?

Maybe you should consider a Specialized
It is weird how the universe works? I was selling them today in between unboxing and assembling bikes at my friend's all electric bike shop.

Maybe you should consider a Specialized? 🙊
I have a Bafang Ultra. Torque sensing and a beast of an efficient motor. And though not manufacture end user tuning sanctioned.. I have it tuned to my needs perfectly with the available 3rd party software.
That said I'm speaking to the DIY market which the Ultra is not.
That, that said.. I wouldn't take a Specialized if given to me just to avoid the proprietary bullshit along with the being a total pompous douche_bag stigma associated with it 🙃

Last edited:
A douche bag walked into the bar and the bartender asked, 'What will you have?' 'Vinegar and water, thanks.' The thing is some douche bags have money and I will take it. Just like that bartender. I would even sell umbrella drinks like Issac from the Love Boat if that is what the customer wants. I really want this motor to go on a cargo bike. They sell new for $3400 plus tax, plus assembly, I'm talking about the big front bathtub bikes, the wife considers it a torture device and sells it for $2000 in new condition when the same bike, mid-motor version sells new for $7400 new plus tax with a Bosch. That is the margin spread, $5400. Convert it with a serviceable high quality mid and sell for $5500. The customer saves $2000 and gets a better bike with more torque.

I might ride a Specialized eBike butt only if they provided the spandex necessities and Lycra along with a twelve pack of Summer's Eve.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with a Specialized and if you have the money, why not.
But the arrogance often associated with its owners is something else.
They say things like "it's designed and built from the ground up as an ebike" but conveniently forget about the cracked frames and motor mount issues that have occurred. In the end it's a good bike with its pro/cons like all others. Not the pinnacle of excellence often bullshit'd.
If I were to go mainstream I think there's a few Trek and Yamaha that I like.

Back