Wait a minute. How fast do Voltbikes ship?

Tromboner98

I just saw a video where a guy said he got his bike 6 weeks after his original delivery date, and he didn’t even mention how long of a wait it was supposed to be initially. Granted he said it was because of a rare shipment inspection at the U.S Canadian border, but still. I’m kind of interest in either getting an Elegant or a Yukon Limited Edition, and the Limited Edition isn’t even gonna be in stock again till the 20th. How long do these things take to ship? If I can’t get my bike before the second week of June, then I’m certainly not paying 80 bucks for shipping. RadPowerBikes does that crap for free and they get it to you in 5 days. So how long does it take guys?

I would recommend going to the Voltbike website and utilize their "Ask us anything" form that usually sits at the bottom right corner of your screen. Same goes with Rad Power Bikes. They have a "Contact us" form in the same screen location. From my personal experience, responses are typically within 1 business day from both companies, which I greatly appreciate.

Tromboner, I pre-ordered a Voltbike Yukon Ltd on Sunday. Their website states that they are out of stock until May 20th. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives. Given the popularity of these bikes and the logistic nightmares of shipping orders from China I'm not totally shocked by the fact that they might be having supply problems. I spoke to a couple of LBS last week and they told me that they are struggling to keep up with demand, so supply problems might be affecting the whole ebike market. The LBS simply could not get their orders filled for mainstream brands. Maybe someone else on this site has ordered this bike in the last few weeks can give us an idea of how they waited!!

I.ve just checked a different threat. A member called Stinger ordered this bike on April5 and received it on April 20. Not too bad. It was the Voltbike Yukon 750 2018 model thread.

I pre-ordered a Voltbike Yukon Ltd on Sunday.
I'm extremely jealous. The Yukon 750 Ltd is in the #1 position of my ebike list, but I want to ride one before I pull the trigger. It's been awhile since I checked to see if there were any Voltbike Ambassadors on O'ahu, and when I checked this evening one popped up just a few miles away. Sent him an email and hope to hear back in time for a weekend test ride.

The Rad Rover is in the #2 spot on my list, but the $400 for air shipping (Voltbike is $120 for ocean freight) and the extra charge for fenders and rear rack easily puts the bike over my $2k limit. Still, I'd like to test ride one to compare. Just so happens, my company is sending me to Olympia, WA in mid-June so I'll be flying into Seattle. I plan on spending an extra day in the area before flying home so I can test ride the Rad Rover at Rad Power Bikes' Seattle store. Looks like I'm going to have a Christmas in July if everything goes as planned.

I'm extremely jealous. The Yukon 750 Ltd is in the #1 position of my ebike list, but I want to ride one before I pull the trigger. It's been awhile since I checked to see if there were any Voltbike Ambassadors on O'ahu, and when I checked this evening one popped up just a few miles away. Sent him an email and hope to hear back in time for a weekend test ride.

The Rad Rover is in the #2 spot on my list, but the $400 for air shipping (Voltbike is $120 for ocean freight) and the extra charge for fenders and rear rack easily puts the bike over my $2k limit. Still, I'd like to test ride one to compare. Just so happens, my company is sending me to Olympia, WA in mid-June so I'll be flying into Seattle. I plan on spending an extra day in the area before flying home so I can test ride the Rad Rover at Rad Power Bikes' Seattle store. Looks like I'm going to have a Christmas in July if everything goes as planned.
I had a very good experience last week when I met up with an ambassador. Within 2.5 hours of contacting Voltbike, I had received a response from the ambassador, met up with him and was test riding his bike around his neighbourhood. I couldn't stop smiling. It was great fun. 30 mins with an ambassador is worth weeks of research on the internet. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

It’s currently sitting at the top of my list as well

I had a very good experience last week when I met up with an ambassador. Within 2.5 hours of contacting Voltbike, I had received a response from the ambassador, met up with him and was test riding his bike around his neighbourhood. I couldn't stop smiling. It was great fun. 30 mins with an ambassador is worth weeks of research on the internet. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Test ride set for Saturday morning! :p

M2S lists the All Terrain 750 as a Class III bike, whereas the Yukon 750 is Class II. Check your local laws regarding ebike restrictions. Some cities and towns are prohibiting the operation of Class III bikes on bike pathways. The All Terrain has a lot more colors to choose from, which is a nice change from the standard white or black that Voltbike and Rad Power offer on their bikes. Other than that, the major components appear to be the same at a glance.

Keep in mind that M2S is a new outfit that got funded through Indiegogo in 2016. Nothing wrong with that, but unlike Voltbike you'll have less history available to see how they've done over the years. Check the forums here to get feedback especially regarding post-sales support.

From Court's review last year:

"VoltBike is an online-only electric bike company based out of Burnaby Canada. They recently expanded to a shipping depot in Northern Washington to serve both markets more effectively, and to me, that’s a sign that the business is going well. I’ve reviewed a handful of their products over the years and the speed and quality of shipping have always impressed me. Not just because the bikes arrived in Texas, Colorado, and even Cabo San Lucas Mexico unscathed… but because they only charge a flat rate $70 for the US and $50 for Canada."

Any ideas how the Yukon would compare to the Juiced rip current bike? Top speed of the Yukon in petal assist? Thanks for your help

From Court's review last year:

"VoltBike is an online-only electric bike company based out of Burnaby Canada. They recently expanded to a shipping depot in Northern Washington to serve both markets more effectively, and to me, that’s a sign that the business is going well. I’ve reviewed a handful of their products over the years and the speed and quality of shipping have always impressed me. Not just because the bikes arrived in Texas, Colorado, and even Cabo San Lucas Mexico unscathed… but because they only charge a flat rate $70 for the US and $50 for Canada."
But that was for court so of course the shipping was fast. The shipping is 49 dollars to take it somewhere specific (in my case 2 hours away is the closest they’ll go), and you can add 30 dollars to the price to get them to ship it to you directly. If I pay you 70 dollars for shipping and I don’t have that crap in 3 days, we have a problem. Rad Power Bikes does it for free in 5 days

I would recommend going to the Voltbike website and utilize their "Ask us anything" form that usually sits at the bottom right corner of your screen. Same goes with Rad Power Bikes. They have a "Contact us" form in the same screen location. From my personal experience, responses are typically within 1 business day from both companies, which I greatly appreciate.
I asked them first thing this morning and still haven’t received a response.

But that was for court so of course the shipping was fast. The shipping is 49 dollars to take it somewhere specific (in my case 2 hours away is the closest they’ll go), and you can add 30 dollars to the price to get them to ship it to you directly. If I pay you 70 dollars for shipping and I don’t have that crap in 3 days, we have a problem. Rad Power Bikes does it for free in 5 days
Lol. I strongly suggest you buy from Rad - seems you're really hung up about shipping.

I'd give them 24 hours before you write them off.
Frankly I’ll give them until the 20th to answer me, since that’s when they get more Yukon’s in. If they can get it to me in a week (or before the second week of June let’s say) I’ll throw down, but if not I’ll have to go with Rad.

Tromboner, I pre-ordered a Voltbike Yukon Ltd on Sunday. Their website states that they are out of stock until May 20th. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives. Given the popularity of these bikes and the logistic nightmares of shipping orders from China I'm not totally shocked by the fact that they might be having supply problems. I spoke to a couple of LBS last week and they told me that they are struggling to keep up with demand, so supply problems might be affecting the whole ebike market. The LBS simply could not get their orders filled for mainstream brands. Maybe someone else on this site has ordered this bike in the last few weeks can give us an idea of how they waited!!
Bad news. They’re website just changed to May 25th

Not the news I was hoping for. I guess the unpredictable nature of buying a bike from a company that does not carry a huge inventory but simple imports and distributes, is that delays will occur. Dammit, I was looking forward to next week.

Back