Vibration Issue with R&M Multicharger when riding.

S_Cunningham

Region
Canada
I have a problem I'm unable to diagnose and wondering if this group has had anything similar happen to their bike? I have a 2019 Multicharger with the Gen 2 Perf Cargo Line Motor and Enviolo CVT.

When I’m riding around 18-20 km/hr in Tour or Sport mode on flat ground and I reach near the end of my available gears (enviolo), i experience what feels like shuddering going through the bike. So, as I'm trying to pedal harder, the bike seems to shudder but only when I'm pedalling on flat ground

It doesn’t happen when I’m not pedaling, and it doesn’t seem to happen at lower speeds or when pedaling up inclines.

The belt has been tightened and everything else seems in line. Open to suggestions!

What is the belt tension reading? If the tension is on-spec, the drive unit lockring would be the next thing to check. If the lockring has loosened at all, clean the splines of the drive unit and chainring and inspect them for any movement or a loose fit that might suggest deformation (visual example here.)

Last edited:
I have a problem I'm unable to diagnose and wondering if this group has had anything similar happen to their bike? I have a 2019 Multicharger with the Gen 2 Perf Cargo Line Motor and Enviolo CVT.

When I’m riding around 18-20 km/hr in Tour or Sport mode on flat ground and I reach near the end of my available gears (enviolo), i experience what feels like shuddering going through the bike. So, as I'm trying to pedal harder, the bike seems to shudder but only when I'm pedalling on flat ground

It doesn’t happen when I’m not pedaling, and it doesn’t seem to happen at lower speeds or when pedaling up inclines.

The belt has been tightened and everything else seems in line. Open to suggestions!
I get this on my SC2 Enviolo but usually when in top gear at 90rpm cadence or higher trying to go 40kph or more.

Feels like an intermittent vibration

I get this on my SC2 Enviolo but usually when in top gear at 90rpm cadence or higher trying to go 40kph or more.

Feels like an intermittent vibration
That sounds a lot like what I'm getting. Guessing you don't have a resolution to this?

What is the belt tension reading? If the tension is on-spec, the drive unit lockring would be the next thing to check. If the lockring has loosened at all, clean the splines of the drive unit and chainring and inspect them for any movement or a loose fit that might suggest deformation (visual example here.)
Hi @JVBulman - thanks for this. In truth, not sure I'm up to this level of work on the bike, but will give this feedback to my LBS who has not been able to diagnose the problem as of yet. Appreciate your insight!

Back