Vandalism

Marceltt

Hi fellow bikers , just went for a 10 mile trail ride today in a quite area. Well I ran into this path and kept following it coming upon a rail guard stopping a path I was on to force me to take another. Well that didn't work out well. I ended up in some very rough terrain which made it impossible to use after awhile being on the path. So I headed back carrying the bike in some spots back to where the rail guard was . To my surprise someone cut one of the posts that hold the rail guard in place and moved it to block the good path , idiots !! Why would someone go through that trouble of cutting a 4by4 post and block the good path. I just don't understand some people. This was about 6 miles into my ride . Well with some grunt lifting I put the rail gaurd back in the proper place blocking the bad path. Here are some pics !! I tried to load them but it says file to big. Sorry

I was a frequent sea kayaker a number of years ago. I knew some other kayakers that stopped for a bite to eat on the way back from an outing in the Great Lakes. While in the restaurant someone cut the tie down straps on top of their vehicle. Fortunately it was discovered before they entered the interstate and the vandalism resulted in some damage to one expensive kayak (fell exiting the restaurant parking lot). The explanation? People do some mean things just for kicks. Good for you for getting the post off of the trail.

There are videos of people going absolutely bonkers (already there prior I'm sure) over other people riding Ebikes where they don't think they should be. Screaming and nigh on hysterical. Its amazing......

People never cease to amaze me...

There is a local rock outcropping on a mountaintop that is fun to climb around on and enjoy the view.

People have been spray painting the rocks so much, that the surfaces are super slippery, making the place not only ugly, but dangerous :(

I was a frequent sea kayaker a number of years ago. I knew some other kayakers that stopped for a bite to eat on the way back from an outing in the Great Lakes. While in the restaurant someone cut the tie down straps on top of their vehicle. Fortunately it was discovered before they entered the interstate and the vandalism resulted in some damage to one expensive kayak (fell exiting the restaurant parking lot). The explanation? People do some mean things just for kicks. Good for you for getting the post off of the trail.
Wow , that could of been a disaster if it let go on the highway. Glad you noticed before hand to prevent danger to anyone. I find it hard to believe people can do these type of things not knowing the accidents that can happen !

People never cease to amaze me...

There is a local rock outcropping on a mountaintop that is fun to climb around on and enjoy the view.

People have been spray painting the rocks so much, that the surfaces are super slippery, making the place not only ugly, but dangerous :(
That's just plain ignorant , no respect.

There are videos of people going absolutely bonkers (already there prior I'm sure) over other people riding Ebikes where they don't think they should be. Screaming and nigh on hysterical. Its amazing......
That's ridicules , regular bike or ebike are the same. They both make the same groove on a path. We are not riding mopeds just bikes that help us out. These people need to open there minds and think. If there's a bike path I'm going to ride it ebike or not. That's like saying no transports allowed on our roads . How well would that go over.

What does that have to do with someone vandalizing a gate on a trail? I'm confused.

What does that have to do with someone vandalizing a gate on a trail? I'm confused.

Not sure if this is rhetorical...

I think MLB is speaking to the general meaness of some people..... whether it is doing physical damage or emotional... some people are just hard to understand.

I understood it to be theorizing that some folks might be anti-e-bike to the extent that they might want to sabotage a trail the e-bikers are known to use. It seemed relevant to me.

@Marceltt, when our system says a picture is too big, open your original on your computer in a photo editing program, like Paint. Choose to edit the size, select pixels and make your horizontal about 450 to 600 pixels; the program will match the vertical to the correct proportion. Then you will have an image that you can upload and display full size. If you have multiple images, select thumbnail size for the others. That way we can click on the thumbnail images to show them full size if wanted.

@Marceltt, when our system says a picture is too big, open your original on your computer in a photo editing program, like Paint. Choose to edit the size, select pixels and make your horizontal about 450 to 600 pixels; the program will match the vertical to the correct proportion. Then you will have an image that you can upload and display full size. If you have multiple images, select thumbnail size for the others. That way we can click on the thumbnail images to show them full size if wanted.
I do most my stuff on my iPhone 6. So I'm not sure how to on my phone

Thousands of upholstery tacks have been found purposely scattered on popular rail trails in Maryland and Pennsylvania. The flat tires are bad, but the really sad part of this story is the possible injuries to small children and dogs that are taken to the trail for safe outdoor recreation. York County, PA is offering a $500 reward for information about the crime.

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/local/2016/08/06/tacks-found-rail-trail-pa-and-md/88010010/

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-rail-trail-upholstery-tacks-20160809-story.html

Email the photo to yourself and choose medium image quality(size). Then open the email download the image and save photo. It will be in your photos as a duplicate image of smaller size. Make sense?
I'm going to try it. Thanks.

Ugh! that's really sick @J.R. I just don't get the mindset of someone who would be malicious like that.
That's the sentiment everyone I've spoken to about this crime has. Strange enough are people that get joy at other's pain, but unless the culprits are hanging around these very rural, wooded trails and watching, where are they getting there payoff? Sad!

Back