Vado sl water bottle cage issues with size small step through

Sworks1118

Region
USA
My wife just got a specialized Vado sl 5.0 step through size small. We want to attach a battery extender to the cage under the seat tube, but it won’t fit with the current cage. Anyone have a solution for this?

Perhaps use a cage with side loading either left or right.
Good idea. The cage should be left loading because the RE cable is inserted into the plug on the non-drive side of Vado SL.
P.S. If Specialized provided water-bottle cage mount on the bottom tube, it means a standard water-bottle (or, Range Extender) should fit. The trick is using left side loading cage. It works with at least two step-through e-bikes I own. It was impossible to insert the bottle from the top on any of them, and it is easy from the side.

We want to attach a battery extender to the cage under the seat tube
Now, you made me really intrigued. Why do you want to attach the RE to the cage under the seat tube? You should use a left loading cage at the bottom tube!
1624954932636.png

Last edited:
We have a right loading cage there. I have only tried the cage with larger water bottles. I was able to force a smaller one in there Kk. Since Range extenders are not available, I will have to wait and see if it fits. Thanks

The diameter of Range Extender is a tad less than 3", and the length is about 7.8". A 29 fl oz water bottle is longer than the RE is.

Back