Vado 5.0 Anti-theft feature?

@TiburonScott I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news yesterday - we all wanted the feature to be there.

As you can see from the thread, several people have requested it, so it may happen in the future :).

I really would like to be able to disable the bike in some way or another - other than locks. The way I do it at the moment is to stay permanently attached to it, until it is back in the garage.

@TiburonScott I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news yesterday - we all wanted the feature to be there.

As you can see from the thread, several people have requested it, so it may happen in the future :).

I really would like to be able to disable the bike in some way or another - other than locks. The way I do it at the moment is to stay permanently attached to it, until it is back in the garage.
Hope springs eternal, as they say. It can't be that hard to provide a user option to disable the motor. That would at least make it less speedy when a thief rides it away, and make it much less attractive for resale.

I can bet Tim the Vado with the anti-theft feature you mention would get stuck on the electronic gremlins at the very moment you needed to ride it yourself. It is the Specialized, remember? I could watch a YouTube video in which the head of the Turbo team Jan Talavasek recollected how he had presented the concept of Turbo e-bikes to the company's HQ, and Mike Sinyard didn't want to hear about e-bikes at all. The Turbo team was left on a low budget. That might even explain why the Turbo group went to work with that hopeless BLOKS startup for Vado and Como.

Whatever works, works, see? :D

Back