Vado 4.0 LTD (2020), now sometimes says “no battery” when riding

jwehman

So today I was out riding and almost right away on pavement the display shows “no battery” and the battery level bars on the left were gone. It seemed as if the bike was “surging” somewhat in its assist and the changes from eco to sport to turbo didn’t affect anything.
I turned around and rode home and reseated the battery and things seemed fine, but later on (this time out on a fireroad trail) the same thing happened...but it resolved itself.

Is this something I should be concerned about?

As in have Specialized look at it?

I have a feeling it might be related to my riding which currently is on fire road to rocky trail riding for the most part. I am wondering if the vibrations/bumps is causing an intermittent connection.

The weird thing is the display stays on and there is “some” assist, just not much and certainly not the normal type

Several others have reported similar symptoms. Turning the bike off then on ~30sec later seems to resolve this. I've had good results using a plastic friendly contact cleaner. My wife's Vado is still intermittent. The LBS tells me it's a conflct with the MC app. We'll see.

Back