upgrading an OEM bike with a bafang max 350w to a BBS02 750W?

fnord

I was wondering if it is possible to "drop-in" replace a bafang max to a more powerful Bafang? The dimensions look mostly similar, it is the electrical hookups I'm worried about.

The bike in question would be the Evelo Galaxy TT (I don't own it... yet) which I think has this motor

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

with this motor:

The battery evelo is 36V/13ah, I suppose I could I need to replace that too maybe. as the 750w motor requires at least 48v.

Last edited:
I was wondering if it is possible to "drop-in" replace a bafang max to a more powerful Bafang? The dimensions look mostly similar, it is the electrical hookups I'm worried about.

The bike in question would be the Evelo Galaxy TT (I don't own it... yet) which I think has this motor

with this motor:

The battery evelo is 36V/13ah, I suppose I could I need to replace that too maybe. as the 750w motor requires at least 48v.

I don't know if they are easy to swap, but it will be an expensive upgrade. Why not look for something with 750w motor 48v already?

Evelo Delta and Aurora have 750w mid motors. Could put road tires on the Delta if you wanted more of a commuter.

Back