Up to 9 PAS Settings on Yolin YL80C LCD

zzRider

The YL80C LCD display manual states you can have up to 8 modes and 9 PAS settings. The eAhora XC100 I ordered has this display, and I look forward to experimenting; however, the manual also has this disclaimer should you alter "personalization settings":

"Ensure you do not change Personalization settings. Changing Personalization settings may cause your bike to stop working properly. If you need the default settings for the advanced settings menu, please contact Eahora."

I did not see a notice that the warranty would be voided if personalization settings were modified from the defaults.

You can even change the percentages of all 9 PAS settings.

Has anyone out there who has this display tried changing the PAS defaults?

1593701809310.png

Attachments

• YL80C_Manual (XC100 display).pdf
    630.8 KB · Views: 3,430
I have an X7 but have read on other threads that you can make changes but the manual has a warning.

OTOH, it's an ebike so having 9 PAS settings is going to get you killed messing with switching them while riding, I use 0-3 PAS and probably 5 of the 8 gears ever get used. I have an X7 but have read on other threads that go more into the controller manuals settings. Some people just gotta tweak ...

Has anyone out there who has this display tried changing the PAS defaults?

I have the AM 100 with identical controller. I have changed the default settings and am quite happy with the change. I use 5 power levels at 40/55/70/85/98. The bike came with 3 power levels set at 56/75/98. I was having real problems at low speeds in Level 1. The bike kept wanting me to go faster. The first time using it on a trail, I was slowing down into a turn and the motor surged, forcing me to a full stop and and had to put my foot down. The second time that happened was on a sharp turn on a bike path It almost threw me into a wall. Anyway, the 5 power levels and less power at the lowest levels makes the bike MUCH easier to control for low speed maneuvers. I have yet to test the new settings on a trail ride, though. But am heading out this morning to do one. I'll let you all know how it works out.

Finished a nice 38 mile ride with a few miles of trail. Here are some things I learned:
1. The power setting for Level 1 worked well. I may even lower it further. Very little surging at the 40% setting.
2. The max Ah boost is 6.0 regardless of power level.
3. Each power level is governed by speed rather than power boost... except for Level 1 where I set power boost at 40%. What that means is for level 2 thru 5, the power boost always maxes out at 6.0 Ah until you reach a certain speed, then power boost goes to zero.
4. Power boost for throttle only is much greater. The throttle can produce a current of 15 Ah to the motor.
5. Battery bars on the controller screen are misleading. The battery bars on the battery itself are a better measure of battery capacity. When 1 bar showed on the screen, I still had 2 bars left on the battery itself.

Good info, SLO, thanks for sharing. I may change my PAS from 0-3 levels to 0-5, using 45, 55, 70, 85, and 98 percentages. I do not use my XC100 for off roading, only paved bike paths. But I find myself barely able to keep resistance when pedaling at PAS-2 on level ground. A bit more resistance will give me a better workout.

Your AM100 has 9 gears, whereas my XC100 only has 7. Those additional sprockets would also give me flexibility in fine-tuning my ride, but with the ability to increase PAS levels, the end result should be the same.

However, I need to check the current PAS-1,2,3 settings first. I recall you mentioned your settings were not the default as listed in the table from the manual. So I may only need to adjust the PAS-2 down a bit and give PAS-3 the 98% vs 96% (only 2% diff, but I want as much on the high PAS as possible).

Last edited:
Finished a nice 38 mile ride with a few miles of trail. Here are some things I learned:

4. Power boost for throttle only is much greater. The throttle can produce a current of 15 Ah to the motor.
Question on 4: Your AM100 and my XC100 have 10.4aH batteries. Are you suggesting the controller can supply "overamp" of 15aH? I know there is a "Cur" setting and the default is 15.0aH. I wondered about this given we have 10.4aH batteries.

Question on 4: Your AM100 and my XC100 have 10.4aH batteries. Are you suggesting the controller can supply "overamp" of 15aH? I know there is a "Cur" setting and the default is 15.0aH. I wondered about this given we have 10.4aH batteries.

I'm a bit out of my lane in understanding how batteries are rated, but my hunch is that our batteries can deliver 10.4 amps at 48 volts for 1 hour. So if you draw a lower current, it lasts longer than an hour, but you can also draw a higher current and it will discharge in less than an hour. BTW, I discovered what the CUR setting does. It sets the max current available when using the throttle. I set mine to 20 and it makes a noticeable difference in acceleration in PAS level 5. I rarely use the throttle, but I may need it some day.

Good info, SLO, thanks for sharing. I may change my PAS from 0-3 levels to 0-5, using 45, 55, 70, 85, and 98 percentages. I do not use my XC100 for off roading, only paved bike paths. But I find myself barely able to keep resistance when pedaling at PAS-2 on level ground. A bit more resistance will give me a better workout.

Your AM100 has 9 gears, whereas my XC100 only has 7. Those additional sprockets would also give me flexibility in fine-tuning my ride, but with the ability to increase PAS levels, the end result should be the same.

However, I need to check the current PAS-1,2,3 settings first. I recall you mentioned your settings were not the default as listed in the table from the manual. So I may only need to adjust the PAS-2 down a bit and give PAS-3 the 98% vs 96% (only 2% diff, but I want as much on the high PAS as possible).

Let me know what your factory settings were. Mine were definitely not set at the defaults.

I'm a bit out of my lane in understanding how batteries are rated, but my hunch is that our batteries can deliver 10.4 amps at 48 volts for 1 hour. So if you draw a lower current, it lasts longer than an hour, but you can also draw a higher current and it will discharge in less than an hour. BTW, I discovered what the CUR setting does. It sets the max current available when using the throttle. I set mine to 20 and it makes a noticeable difference in acceleration in PAS level 5. I rarely use the throttle, but I may need it some day.
Cool info on the CUR setting. I might do the same. Thanks! I do use the throttle sometimes on the last few miles of a 20+ mile ride if I am tired.

Hello everyone,
My name is Andy. I bought an XC100;plus on Amazon. It was delivered about two weeks ago. The box was beat up and the bottom was torn. This resulted in a ball bearing and a stem ring being lost. Ahora now ships the bike with no quick release. I was able to to buy the parts from a local bike shop and I took the bike in to finish the assembly and adjust the brakes and shifter. Everything seems to work but I need to make some adjustments.

Starting with the settings, I need to set the wheel size to 26. It is now set to 30. This results on false speed and distance reading. I have the color display. It will not let me change anything in the advanced settings. Does anyone know how to change the advanced settings?

The rear brake rubs so I have to figure how to adjust it.

I am a little disappointed with the power. It is less than I expected. I am having trouble climbing hills. Maybe as I get in better shape and can switch gears it will be better.

Hello everyone,
My name is Andy. I bought an XC100;plus on Amazon. It was delivered about two weeks ago. The box was beat up and the bottom was torn. This resulted in a ball bearing and a stem ring being lost. Ahora now ships the bike with no quick release. I was able to to buy the parts from a local bike shop and I took the bike in to finish the assembly and adjust the brakes and shifter. Everything seems to work but I need to make some adjustments.

Starting with the settings, I need to set the wheel size to 26. It is now set to 30. This results on false speed and distance reading. I have the color display. It will not let me change anything in the advanced settings. Does anyone know how to change the advanced settings?

The rear brake rubs so I have to figure how to adjust it.

I am a little disappointed with the power. It is less than I expected. I am having trouble climbing hills. Maybe as I get in better shape and can switch gears it will be better.

I don't have the color display, but I just looked at the manual for the color display and it looks similar to mine. Page 13 shows how to set the tire diameter. Page 14 tells you how to get at the advanced (personalization) settings. I wouldn't be too worried about changing them in spite of the warning on that page. I have tweaked a few of the personalization settings and it has greatly improved my ride.

As to climbing hills, I think we all may be out of luck. Mine is the same way. The AM100 sucks at hill climbing, too. And what is sad is that it is not the motor's fault. My wife has a 350 watt motor on her bike (different brand) and it climbs hills fine. The problem is that in PAS mode, the controller does not allow the battery to give it full power. If you use the throttle only, it will give full power, but as soon as you start pedaling, the power from the battery drops back to about 25%. You can see that if you watch your display when "cycle power" is displayed. Press the "i" button 4 times to get there.

I don't have the color display, but I just looked at the manual for the color display and it looks similar to mine. Page 13 shows how to set the tire diameter. Page 14 tells you how to get at the advanced (personalization) settings. I wouldn't be too worried about changing them in spite of the warning on that page. I have tweaked a few of the personalization settings and it has greatly improved my ride.

As to climbing hills, I think we all may be out of luck. Mine is the same way. The AM100 sucks at hill climbing, too. And what is sad is that it is not the motor's fault. My wife has a 350 watt motor on her bike (different brand) and it climbs hills fine. The problem is that in PAS mode, the controller does not allow the battery to give it full power. If you use the throttle only, it will give full power, but as soon as you start pedaling, the power from the battery drops back to about 25%. You can see that if you watch your display when "cycle power" is displayed. Press the "i" button 4 times to get there.

Thanks,
I will try to climb the hill with throttle only and not pedaling.

I have the KD718 color control. Although the manual states you can change the advanced settings, I have yet to find a way to do so. It seems that the default settings can not be changed. The wheel setting default is 28. This results in a faster speed reading than you are actually going.

Attachments

• 93C93EF1-8CC8-4D4E-B16E-79E0234ECBA8.jpeg
    93C93EF1-8CC8-4D4E-B16E-79E0234ECBA8.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 1,455
  • 3795C247-FAA9-48CB-8965-21D7FBA6AA27.png
    3795C247-FAA9-48CB-8965-21D7FBA6AA27.png
    534.9 KB · Views: 640
Thanks,

I have the KD718 color control. Although the manual states you can change the advanced settings, I have yet to find a way to do so. It seems that the default settings can not be changed. The wheel setting default is 28. This results in a faster speed reading than you are actually going.

I see now. You don't have Yolin controller. Totally different display. Sorry I couldn't help.

Thanks,

You have to unlock the display first.
Unlock the display:"+button & —button & the power button", press together with the three buttons.
Then, the display will show "OK", which means that the display unlocks successfully.

I also had the same problem (wheel size was 28 in the controller) and changed by unlocking the Advanced Settings.

Back