UC Pro Diamond frame prototype build pics. Painting / Decal / lights etc will be done in Boston.

pushkar

Hey everyone. We just got the regularbuild done. Here are some initial pictures. Please note - we are evaluating the frame only at this point.

Here are some key takeaways to focus on.

1. We will paint it with prismatic colors and put actual decals on it here in Boston. Please ignore the paint, tires, brake rotor size on these pictures.
  2. The downtube battery is 17ah
  3. Yes, there will be braze-ons for the rear racks on the production run.
  4. Here is the link to the step through frame pics.

1596891704189.png
16631596851413_.pic_hd.jpg

16651596851419_.pic_hd.jpg
16661596851422_.pic_hd.jpg

16671596851425_.pic_hd.jpg

16681596851428_.pic_hd.jpg

This is medium/ Stand over height is around 23-24 inches. Note that we have higher stack height for more upright riding position :)

Wow, how did you manage to get the standover down that low, even with the large second battery in the diamond? 👏

BTW, any possibility at this time of modifying the frame to have the motor mounting to tilt the motor up a bit so the integration looks more seamless? Something akin to the sample frame render you showed us a while back.

We tried but with the larger battery and closer reach, we weren’t able to rotate it any more.

Looks great! Is the pictured bike What a base configuration would look like with SA-3 speed? There’s no Moloko bars and the racks, so I’m assuming it’s not the founders build.

Looks great! Is the pictured bike What a base configuration would look like with SA-3 speed? There’s no Moloko bars and the racks, so I’m assuming it’s not the founders build.
This is just the frame test build. We will assemble and paint in Boston.

This is medium/ Stand over height is around 23-24 inches. Note that we have higher stack height for more upright riding position :)
Would you still recommend a medium for someone 5’8” with an inseam of 30?

Hey everyone. We just got the regularbuild done. Here are some initial pictures. Please note - we are evaluating the frame only at this point.
Here are some key takeaways to focus on.
  1. We will paint it with prismatic colors and put actual decals on it here in Boston. Please ignore the paint, tires, brake rotor size on these pictures.
  2. The downtube battery is 17ah
  3. Yes, there will be braze-ons for the rear racks on the production run.
  4. Here is the link to the step through frame pics.
View attachment 61609View attachment 61610View attachment 61611View attachment 61612View attachment 61613View attachment 61614

Looks like a very nice frame design with the integrated battery and front/rear rack... well done. 😉

1596905831630.png

Looks more manly than the mock up pictures (in a good way). I'm assuming that seat is down too low, otherwise seems like a very upright ride. As far as the motor, too bad you couldn't rotate it more. Comparing to the Blade 2.0 and Frey CC the motor just seems to stick out more.

16671596851425_-pic_hd-jpg.61613

DSC_7384_1024x1024.jpg

frey-cc-header2.jpg

Does the frame come to you unfinished, or does it come painted white? I'm a fan of this color combination as shown.
I’m going to choose the base colors after the frames are in Boston. For custom colors the frames will come unfinished.

Stock colors are blue or silver (not white). If you want something that makes for a nice contrast with black I can say the red on my CC looks amazing, Frey knocked it out of the park with that color and I get tons of complements wherever I go but of course I don't want another red bike. If you spend $6K on a bike do it right and give it more personality than white. :D The custom metallic paint job that @FlatSix911 posted over here is pretty darn cool. I wold be all over than in a blue theme.

specialized launched these colors this year. Looks Fantastic.

Do you thinkthese will look that good on a thicker downtube?

You're right....blue or sliver. For some reason I thought it was blue and white.

I think the red on the Frey looks awesome. It's a very striking color.

Back