Turning the Battery off

lankox

Just received my Moscow bike and I wanted to ask about the battery operation. Once the power button is pressed, the LEDs light up and never go off. I have to hold the power button down for 5 seconds to turn off the LEDs. I notice that when the LEDs are active, the battery is very warm around the power button. Just wanted to make sure this is normal behavior. It seems odd that the battery doesn't automatically turn off after inactivity like the LCD display does.

Mine is exactly the same way. Warm enough that I thought the same thing in my head, but not hot by any means. That said, I'd say when it's charging and the lights are also on (as it seems to do) it's even a little warmer around the power button. I also found it odd that the battery does not seem to auto shutoff.

You should do some testing to see if there is any current drain with the LCD off. But I wouldn't consider turning off the battery a big task.

Moscow Plus 29 owner. I can tell you my battery turns off after the LCD display turns off. I am unsure of the timeframe for battery turn off, but it certainly turn off.

Moscow Plus 29 owner. I can tell you my battery turns off after the LCD display turns off. I am unsure of the timeframe for battery turn off, but it certainly turn off.

You are correct. I'm not sure of the exact time but I believe the battery automatically shutoff around an hour.

Ncm moscow plus user here. The battery leds never go on unless I press the battery led indicator button, and they show the battery level only as long as the button is pressed...

I have two batteries and both do the same

Ncm moscow plus user here. The battery leds never go on unless I press the battery led indicator button, and they show the battery level only as long as the button is pressed...

I have two batteries and both do the same

Interesting! My battery leds turn on and stay on once I press the battery power button. I have to hold the power button down for 4 secs or wait around an hour for the them to turn off. Do you have two buttons?

Hi all NCM owners, I have covered 350 miles now trouble free but today i went to turn the bike on but nothing happened, the battery was about 47v so I though it may be the issue so I fully charged the battery but it still won’t turn on !. All 4 LEDs are lit on the battery after fully charging . Anyone had this problem ?

Hi! I have done more than 4000+ miles on my ncm moscow plus and never had that problem... check all connections (display, motor, ....) but if everything is ok it could be the display or the controller. Contact Leon Cycle, they are very good at support.

Hi! I have done more than 4000+ miles on my ncm moscow plus and never had that problem... check all connections (display, motor, ....) but if everything is ok it could be the display or the controller. Contact Leon Cycle, they are very good at support.
Hi, thanks for your reply, I have checked every connection and all are clean and dry and firmly connected together. ill give them a call and see what they have to say.

4k miles is really good.

cheers

Andy

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the NCM bikes are prone to controller failures. I hope I'm wrong.

Mmmm, yes I hope they can fix it otherwise I will have to return the bike for a refund as it’s quickly becoming apparent to me that it’s useless if it’s not working , and I could get a pretty good mountain bike for the £1500 I paid for this. What would you do if this happened in the middle of the woods miles from home ? I’d be P1ssed off for sure.

Thanks for the help.

Any bike can fail when you are miles away from home (trust me... I have lived it... several times, several brands xD). I find the ncm a really reliable bike but this is only my experience. I have used it even for some downhilling :D

It looks to me as a controller or display issue. They will send a new one to you in less than a week if you contact them. They sent me a couple of replacement parts before and they are awesome.

Good luck!

I have a problem with my Moscow and it was just diagnosed as a controller failure. That is a very common theme on these forums. I agree that Leon Cycle (at least in the US) is very responsive to problems and has provided great customer service.

Ok , that sounds encouraging. I have also noticed something a bit strange regarding the 4 LEDs on the battery, when switching the battery off before, the lights would extinguish one at a time 4-3-2-1 off in quick succession but now they all go out simultaneously. Weird stuff.
The battery I have now is a replacement as the first original battery gave up after 120 miles so they sent me this new battery.

Hi all NCM owners, I have covered 350 miles now trouble free but today i went to turn the bike on but nothing happened, the battery was about 47v so I though it may be the issue so I fully charged the battery but it still won’t turn on !. All 4 LEDs are lit on the battery after fully charging . Anyone had this problem ?
How did this end up Andy? Did you get it resolved?

Hi all, sorry been ill for a bit but getting better now .

Got new battery prior to the issue of not turning on, The problem was poor soldering on the battery connectors which resulted in the joint overheating and burning out ( I will try to add a picture).
they sent me a new connector which seemed to be the same poor soldering so I re-soldered the connections and added further insulation which is more up to the job. Best to check yours as you don’t want this to occur during a ride. Just remove the battery and then take out the 2 or 3 screws which releases the top part of the battery mount , it seems that the soldered connections are squashed up against the frame when assembled putting stress on the wiring . The connection should have been sideways rather than straight.
hope to get back out on the bike soon but have done a few short trips and some steep hills and all seems good. The manufacturer NCM have been very helpful throughout and have sent replacement parts to me quickly so that’s good.
overall very happy .

I recently purchased a standard Moscow. When I turn the battery on, the battery lights come on for about 10sec, then go out.
Seems like these battery packs have a mind of their own.

Back