Turbo Vado Tubeless?

Extreme1

Wife and I have 2019 Vado 3.0’s, with tubes. We just got new Levos and paid $20-ish each to have them converted to tubeless.

Can our Vados be changed to tubeless? If so, ballpark price?

It’s sure easy to pull out a thorn and spin the tire instead of sitting on the side of the roadway with tire tools and dried up patch glue.

You can sometimes convert many wheels over to tubeless with rim tape and such.

Once you go tubeless, hard to accept the old school way any longer.

Most wheels can be converted to tubeless as long as the tire and rim are compatible. Just tape the wheel, stick in a valve, and put the tire on - then sealant through the valve (will need a tubeless syringe & core tool unless you wanna pour it in through a broken bead). Tubeless can be a little trickier to seat though. You may need an air compressor or a floor pump with a large volume chamber to give you a burst of air all at once. And even then there are no guarantees you'll get the bead on easily.

The problem with tubeless is that they leak. Not a lot, but over days or sometimes hours, if not ridden, they'll start to leak air and sometimes sealant. So you'll need to watch air pressure more closely. You also need to check and top up sealant periodically.

Wife and I have 2019 Vado 3.0’s, with tubes. We just got new Levos and paid $20-ish each to have them converted to tubeless.

Can our Vados be changed to tubeless? If so, ballpark price?

It’s sure easy to pull out a thorn and spin the tire instead of sitting on the side of the roadway with tire tools and dried up patch glue.
I'm using tubeless on my Vado, but bought after market wheels. I converted my wife's Como stock wheels to tubeless with no issues. The Como wheels use the Schrader valve stems, and they are available for tubeless conversion.
The Vado will use Presta valves. Tubeless can run lower air pressure and there are upper limits for air pressure. On two occasions a tire on the Vado was completely flat after sitting for a day, each time I added a bit of sealer, aired up and all good. This has only happened on the Vado, with 6K miles. I'm sold on tubeless.

Back