New Vado SL 4.0 - harsh ride!

Thank you!

What is the right size and length of the stem?

Attachments

• IMG_3627.jpeg
    IMG_3627.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 81
My solution was as follows. I share the link of the product I bought from Aliexpress. Both products are very high quality, I recommend.
IMG_3841.jpeg
IMG_3840.jpeg
IMG_3836.jpeg
IMG_3838.jpeg

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £2.44 27% Off | ZTTO High-Strength Bicycle Stem Gopro Mount Lightweight CNC Holder Universal adapter for XC AM MTB Mountain bike Road Bike

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £7.12 17% Off | Aluminium Alloy 360 Degree Rotating Joint Adapter Mount for Gopro Hero 12 11 10 Max XiaoYi SJCAM SJ4000 Action Camera Accessory

Re: The stem. I used this for the headlight: VEXPLO Bicycle Handlebar Mount...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXVVXS5Y?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

For the Redshift seatpost, can I just ditch the wiring to the taillight on the saddle and use the Varia RTL515?

Re: The stem. I used this for the headlight: VEXPLO Bicycle Handlebar Mount... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXVVXS5Y?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
It is hard for me to visualize how you did it :) A picture, please?

For the Redshift seatpost, can I just ditch the wiring to the taillight on the saddle and use the Varia RTL515?
If you are ready to do it, yes, sure. It took me a long time to make the decision of getting rid of the tail-light on my EQ... Have you already bought the RS seat-post?

Thank you!
I wonder whether a Vado SL is really as shaky in the rear as to deserve a suspension seat post. I'm writing this because I'd love to install an electronic dropper seat-post on my SL... Perhaps you could try yours with the stock seat-post to find out if the changes to the rear are really necessary?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Try the Varia with the stock seatpost? I weigh 234 lbs and I have installed the stem with the highest strength elastometers. The effect, if anything is subtle. I do think I feel less wear and tear on my hands and shoulders but maybe that's just in my head. I'm wondering if the seat post will add a little bit more comfort although it's not bad with stock. Then of course, I've read all about replacing the tires with wider ones. I love the bike. I guess I'm just playing around with tweaks based on much of what I read here!

I weigh 234 lbs and I have installed the stem with the highest strength elastometers.
My fully clad weight is similar to yours. I use the blue and yellow elastomer pieces in the top chambers, and my stem is 100 mm. Necessary to mention I only use two pieces because I also have Innerbarends, and my riding position is far forward, making the weight on the long stem similar to what a drop bar would have gotten from me. I feel you should try a single blue elastomer piece in one of the top chambers only. (I used that before installing Innerbarends). Your riding sensation should be like "flowing" over harsh terrain, and you should feel your e-bike frame as if it were breaking :) Please experiment a little. The RS ShockStop stem is indeed very good but it should be optimized.

Now, I can understand the Varia is the priority for you. Yes, please do as you intend! The combination of RS SS front/rear is a beautiful experience provided both items are carefully tuned in.

Besides, what is the tyre inflation pressure of yours?

Currently 53 front and back.
Nice! I was riding about the same until I converted the wheels to tubeless. Now, 46 on regular roads or 44 for gravel/offroad. Quite recently, I forgot re-inflating the tyres and rode mixed terrain at 38 psi :) It was an improbably soft ride but again, it is 42 mm and tubeless. I'm sticking at 44-46.

Back