Turbo Vado SL - suspension seat posts

Not at all. Just raising the handlebar height to accommodate my spinal injury. Just like many people choose an ebike to accommodate their waning manliness. 🤣.
All I had to do was sit in position on a Vado in my LBS for a few minutes and then I bought the Como. Old back injury decided for me.

Not at all. Just raising the handlebar height to accommodate my spinal injury. Just like many people choose an ebike to accommodate their waning manliness. 🤣.
Hey, if it were waning, I would not be so careful with the saddle adjustment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I recently on my Turbo Vado 5.0 'Big Boy' bike with new Como handlebars and the Kinekt suspension stem had to extend the cables.
I did it myself and completed it fine.
Yes, had to drop the motor, do all kinds of crazy stuff, etc., but it was a success.
I'd be a little hesitant to do it again though on the new SL 5.0, so if $350 is a kind of "going rate", I'd gladly let someone else do it.
However, before I commit, I'd love to see different angles/shots to be assured that is what I want.
When you have time and are back it would be great to get some photos. Alternately, I could always take a bike ride :)
@GuruUno - Your certainly welcome to give it a ride if you’re ever in Tokyo! In the meantime here’s the pics :
E4536862-B6E2-42E8-9A24-C5F04CC42C35.jpeg

D3C75CB0-A9B2-42B2-954F-503D24E6AD77.jpeg

45D38B63-A873-4B7D-A03D-1F6CF5CD1A52.jpeg

0B80E66F-B3F8-4C9B-B3A8-7C1FA81190A4.jpeg

36CCD7A5-158F-4570-ADCA-5759BBCCEC02.jpeg

0C34D191-CAE7-48F5-9529-E6D805B158A4.jpeg

31162D99-DC5B-4151-B411-6B30EBF0C69D.jpeg

The mirror was meant for a 1980s Honda Cub, but it’s been repurposed 😀

Redshift Shockstop. I have one on my Vado as well as on my old Crosstrail, which is a hybrid very similar to the SL but without the motor. My wife raves about the one on her Trek Verve+ and when I eventually get my own SL the Vado post will move there. I weigh 160lbs and ride on rough pavement and gravel trails and roads, but not MTB terrain. It's better for things like cracks, bumps, and stones but not chuckholes, rocks, and roots. But then I'm OK about standing up over the really rough stuff. 😁 It has certainly been a back-saver so far!
I have the Trek Verve 3 and substituted the (heavier) seat post in my SL - it was actually only $40 for a suspension seat post. It's okay but certainly not Redshift, and comfortable.

My wife loves her RedShift on her Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ. It absorbs minor bumps and lumps well on local single-track and fire road trails local to us.
How was the wiring for the rear light managed?

How was the wiring for the rear light managed?
Hello Ernst: The light wiring on the Equipped models does not go through the seat post or tube. It exits the frame behind the motor and is routed up the inside of the fender to the light.

Hello Ernst: The light wiring on the Equipped models does not go through the seat post or tube. It exits the frame behind the motor and is routed up the inside of the fender to the light.
Thanks for that.
My wife's bike will be an EQ version so swapping the seat post should be a non-issue. On the other hand, I have a non equipped SL and was told by Red Shift that they can't suggest a solution to the wiring. I do know that with a Kineckt 2.1, a solution is a hole drilled at a particular spot for the wiring. I was wondering about a solution for possibly an eeSilk seat post.

Last edited:
I’ll state the obvious… instal a redshift seat post, cut the wire, and use something like a Cliq light or other. Problem solved.

I had the Kinekt on my 1st e-bike, the 2nd one too (Super Commuter 8), then I tried the Redshift, did not like so I gave it to my wife.
I then got one (Kinekt) for my Turbo Vado 5 and had to exchange it for the "XL" version because even with the most precise tweaking, the basic version would always bottom out (yes with the heavier spring). So the XL (for those over 240 lbs) solved my problem and I got all the travel and comfort needed, could not be happier (by the way I'm 225 lbs, so regardless of the specification for 240 lbs and up, it's working better for me)
However, I did my 2nd ride today on the Vado SL 5 just acquired this week and I have bleeding Hemroids! (no dietary contributions, just a miserably sore saddle).
So, upon removing the seat and post to see the wire that lights the back of the seat (the way it is routed through the tube/stem) my question is for those who have an SL with the seatback light....did you keep it, was it an item that could be transferred to a new seat or is it a lost cause? Specifically, can the Kinekt have the ability to route the wire through it?
Hi, GuruUno
I have had the Standard vado sl5.0 for 2 years now and have the EQ rack and fenders purchased separately
Did you change the seat post amd remove the saddle light in the end?

I am keen to change to a suspension post, but when I asked the LBS to add the EQ Leyzene rear fender light but the weren't confident to rewire as it didn't come with a connector.

Have read elsewhere that disconnecting the saddle light caused motor malfunction

Am obviously hoping not to wreck the bike!

Back