Turbo Vado SL - suspension seat posts

Specifically, can the Kinekt have the ability to route the wire through it?
I also bought XL. I don’t think routing power through the suspension cage and springs would be ideal because it’s likely to get caught up in the springs and shorted. Wouldn’t hurt anything to drill a small routing hole in the rear though and go up through the base post. Maybe 3-5mm ?

Without starting a separate/dedicated posting to ask my question, did anyone try to use a Kinekt suspension stem on an SL? (although I have the 'built-in" absorber, I'd prefer the Kinekt in use with or ????)
As I have to say I did 24 miles today on the new SL and all of the "upgrades" I did on my Vado 5 were "sorely" missed, I ache all over from hunching forward, butt sore, etc.

Without starting a separate/dedicated posting to ask my question, did anyone try to use a Kinekt suspension stem on an SL? (although I have the 'built-in" absorber, I'd prefer the Kinekt in use with or ????)
I’d suggested I might try RedShift on top of FutureShock but a few adamantly insisted that it would be dangerous 🤣. However I’m not of that particular opinion and might try in the future once other higher priority things are completed. Also raising your handlebars and getting more upright helps immensely with hunched over.

Last edited:
Without starting a separate/dedicated posting to ask my question, did anyone try to use a Kinekt suspension stem on an SL?
Not a good idea to install one shock absorber on the top of another. The point is, two shocks would create a resonating system of unpredictable, and at times dangerous nature, with vibration amplified.

Not a good idea to install one shock absorber on the top of another. The point is, two shocks would create a resonating system of unpredictable, and at times dangerous nature, with vibration amplified.
But Stefan, this sounds not only comfortable, but fun !!

Now, regarding the Kinekt 2.1 seat post and relocating the tail-light. I have searched the Forum. Most of people in different threads wanted to relocate the light from the fender onto the saddle. Guru wants to replace the stock seat-post with Kinekt (which makes sense, as that post is internally hollow). A good remark made by someone was the hole to be drilled in the post should be made at the top, never at the side of the post (to not weaken the structural strength and issues with material fatigue).

I have already told you Brett it might form a kind of a pogo stick.
3E1ABCFF-E5B1-4BB9-ACE0-F21875A825D4.jpeg

If you could only replace either the handlebars or seat post with a kinekt/red shift, which one part would you swap?

Seatpost. With my EQ bike it doesn’t even affect the rear light. I don’t mind the bouncing of the handleba.

Doing the stem can also become expensive as the brake and gear cables don’t have much slack possibly requiring replacement for the installation.

Doing the stem can also become expensive as the brake and gear cables don’t have much slack possibly requiring replacement for the installation.
Been there paid that - $350 US. I had 150mm rise handlebars installed. Actually it was just on the margin so I had them do it to get further leeway for adjustment. I think for 100 mm it would’ve been OK. However it probably also depends on each particular bike - mine is an L size frame Turbo Vado SL 5 EQ.

Been there paid that - $350 US. I had 150mm rise handlebars installed. Actually it was just on the margin so I had them do it to get further leeway for adjustment. I think for 100 mm it would’ve been OK. However it probably also depends on each particular bike - mine is an L size frame Turbo Vado SL 5 EQ.
Can you post the pictures of the 150mm rise bars? As the nd option, which are they, and what would have been the 100mm?

Can you post the pictures of the 150mm rise bars? As the nd option, which are they, and what would have been the 100mm?
Sorry I only have the photo below with me, I can take more shots if you’re interested when I return home next week. The 100mm option was an angled riser stem I saw on Amazon. The handlebars were a better option for upright riding plus they have a crossbar. They are meant for BMX.

2FC5E2E7-E346-47EA-B33C-C62675DC60BD.jpeg

This is most likely the stem I’d chosen - my bad it was 105mm - still hanging around in my Amazon favorites so I think it was it :

Last edited:
Sorry I only have the photo below with me, I can take more shots if you’re interested when I return home next week. The 100mm option was an angled riser stem I saw on Amazon. The handlebars were a better option for upright riding plus they have a crossbar. They are meant for BMX.

View attachment 95591

This is most likely the stem I’d chosen - my bad it was 105mm - still hanging around in my Amazon favorites so I think it was it :

They look great, and I'm sure the ride is much more comfortable. Did you have to extend anything or did all the cables, wires, etc. fit without issue? It also looks from this angle that you also raised the stem? In any event, I'd like to parallel the exact same setup for my recently acquired 5.0 SL. 6,6-1/2 or 7??? on the handle bars? Very much appreciate it. Oh, and maybe a few front and side shots to get a better overall understanding of the improvements.

Last edited:
They look great, and I'm sure the ride is much more comfortable. Did you have to extend anything or did all the cables, wires, etc. fit without issue? It also looks from this angle that you also raised the stem? In any event, I'd like to parallel the exact same setup for my recently acquired 5.0 SL. 6,6-1/2 or 7??? on the handle bars? Very much appreciate it. Oh, and maybe a few front and side shots to get a better overall understanding of the improvements.
That is the stock stem that came with the bike. I’ll post more photos when I return after the long weekend. Actually I looked at my email and I have the 6.5 inch version, so about 162.5 mm of rise. I couldn’t live without it. I paid about $350 US for the Tokyo Specialized S-Works shop to replace cables as needed. It was pretty involved because they had to remove the motor and the battery to reroute cables properly, refill the hydraulic brakes, etc. I think it’s well worth the investment. If you have a bad back it’s definitely chump change compared to disc surgery 🤣. I would suggest trying the bar in the beginning though because it depends on the geometry obviously. The crossbar is only 18 mm - I’ll have to put a few mm of silicone tubing on there to mount things but it’s a huge gain in accessory real estate and makes vertical clearance for a proper bag. Also I still had enough bar space to install a right side mirror alongside the shifter.

Not mine, maybe from EBR, but these photos served as my validation prior to committing :

8AE0EC60-F84B-4CA5-8D79-C38212C715F8.jpeg

5F894C03-8912-409D-94CE-99C07279A857.jpeg

E25F6B71-E85D-418C-BA9B-7C7C3410A645.jpeg

That is the stock stem that came with the bike. I’ll post more photos when I return after the long weekend. Actually I looked at my email and I have the 6.5 inch version, so about 162.5 mm of rise. I couldn’t live without it. I paid about $350 US for the Tokyo Specialized S-Works shop to replace cables as needed. It was pretty involved because they had to remove the motor and the battery to reroute cables properly, refill the hydraulic brakes, etc. I think it’s well worth the investment. If you have a bad back it’s definitely chump change compared to disc surgery 🤣. I would suggest trying the bar in the beginning though because it depends on the geometry obviously. The crossbar is only 18 mm - I’ll have to put a few mm of silicone tubing on there to mount things but it’s a huge gain in accessory real estate and makes vertical clearance for a proper bag. Also I still had enough bar space to install a right side mirror alongside the shifter.
I recently on my Turbo Vado 5.0 'Big Boy' bike with new Como handlebars and the Kinekt suspension stem had to extend the cables.
I did it myself and completed it fine.
Yes, had to drop the motor, do all kinds of crazy stuff, etc., but it was a success.
I'd be a little hesitant to do it again though on the new SL 5.0, so if $350 is a kind of "going rate", I'd gladly let someone else do it.
However, before I commit, I'd love to see different angles/shots to be assured that is what I want.
When you have time and are back it would be great to get some photos. Alternately, I could always take a bike ride :)

No offense, but aren't you guys just turning a Vado into a Como?
This thread is also about turning a Vado into a Como.
Some things never change.

Back