Turbo hauling a kid trailer

kermit_xc

Region
USA
City
ATX
anybody hauling their kids with a turbo - I am wondering if it's even feasible with the 200W motor on the base Turbo ... any input is greatly appreciated

I had a Chariot with my normal bike but I don't think you could attach it to a through axle attachment. And the child seats that are installed in the seat post probably wont work because of the angular form of the post.
BTW, I think 200W are all the power you are going to need; after all, you probably don't want to be doing 28 mph with your kid in the back in the midst of traffic.

I use a Trek go bug trailer with my 2015 Turbo X. My 2 and 5 year old love it and it's so much easier to take them with the Turbo instead of my non E bike. It took a lot of research but I finally found a thru axle adapter that worked. robertaxleproject.com is where I got mine... actually it was cheaper through Amazon but from the same company.

rps20160610_163346_708.jpg rps20160610_162838.jpg rps20160610_163518_702.jpg
@Tara D.
here you go.

Robert Axel Project: ONE005 is the model needed for my 2015 Turbo X for a "Hitch Mount"

Last edited:
The Weehoo iGo works well with a 200W 2015 Turbo X. It attaches to the seat post. I was able to pull the seat light wires (in the vertical tube) apart using mini needle nose pliers, then resealed with electrical tape. The seat post connection to a trailer seems more secure/safer than the wheel skewer.

I don't know if it would be any safer than an axle mount. The Turbo's X12 axle is a beefy hunk of metal. Still waiting for the axle for my Turbo, but the trailer I have is currently attached to my vintage road bike's QR skewer. I've had 70+lbs of groceries/supplies loaded on it—jumping it off curbs and over potholes just fine. The X12 axle is significantly more substantial.

I use a Trek go bug trailer with my 2015 Turbo X. My 2 and 5 year old love it and it's so much easier to take them with the Turbo instead of my non E bike. It took a lot of research but I finally found a thru axle adapter that worked. robertaxleproject.com is where I got mine... actually it was cheaper through Amazon but from the same company.

Hi Holden99 - I've got a 2016 Turbo and a double chariot I'd like to pull. I think the setup will be the same as yours. The Chariot hitch is a bit different but the axle should be the same. Did you have a model number from Robert Axle you could send?

Back