Turbo Creo Comp SL Shifter doesn't shift

abercrombie

The GRX shifter of Creo Comp SL has been a bit wonky the last several weeks. When downshifting, I had to hold it to shift down instead of the usual snappy click. And today, at the end of my ride I'm no longer able to shift. When I push the whole brake lever to the left, it doesn't have the usual resistance and moves easily. And clicking the downshift lever nothing happens. So at the moment I'm stuck at the highest gear. Of course, I'm bringing it to the bike shop but curious if anyone has any diagnostics. I've attached a picture, to see if anyone can spot something that doesn't look right.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 206
yes broken or gunked up cable and or worn out shifter housing. If you can adjust a derailer loosen the screw that old the cable and see if you can push it in and pull it out. see how smooth it is.

When a shift cable breaks on a ride you can tighten the H limit screw on the rear derailleur to move the chain up to a middle sprocket for the ride home. (Best to move the chain by hand to the intended sprocket, then tighten the limit screw to limit the travel to where you have put the chain). I’ve broken just two shift cables in the last 30 years, so it happens, but not enough to lose sleep over.

Closing the loop on this.

Yep, the shift cable broke. Brought it to my LBS, seemed like a quick fix with the bike being ready within a few working hours.

man it takes work usually to break a cable. must have been defective from the start.
Mine was at 3,068.6 miles when mine broke. A member in the Facebook group said his cable broke at 4k miles.

The weak spot is the very end of the cable.

Attachments

• Bike-Brake-Cable-End-Caps-Box-min.jpg
    Bike-Brake-Cable-End-Caps-Box-min.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 186
Back