Tuning and Warranty Giant

RossSyd

Hi All

i just purchased Fathom E+ 2 Pro which has the One controller.
seeing all issues people are mentioning, majority seem to be related to controller/moisture.

i would like to remove speed limit.
cant decide if i should go with speedbox or badassbox.
what i am cautious off is the warranty being void if any issue occure.

has any one had their warranty refused due to tune?
does tune void entire bike warranty or only the impacted parts such as motor and battery?
which of the two tunes would be less detectable if any? Happy to remove either if needed.

thanks

It'll void the entire warranty. But then again you could always take it off before taking it in for the service or whatever.

It'll void the entire warranty. But then again you could always take it off before taking it in for the service or whatever.

For any electrical warranty claim, giant expects the bike shop to plug in their computer and send a printout of the usage / readings. My dealer claimed this is to ensure the bike hasn't been derestricted.

So drown the controller switch and get the updated one before derestricting?

I'm not sure where you'd stand when the rear hub dies

Spoke to shop where i am getting bike from, the guy said that majority of comtroller issues were on older model bikes woth water penetration.
the one i purchased is 2019 with One controller, hoping it has latest model comtroller?

in regards to rear hub, NZ has same bikes running at 45kmh, engine is identical so i am pretty positive giant designed bikes to withstand the speed and torque.
one thing to note is that any part not manufactured by Giant such as front Fork will still be covered under warranty.

so just to comfirm, if i get badassbox and remove it beforehand, they won’t be able to tell it was there?

According to PDoz's post, Giant wants a history of usage/readings. Not sure about speedbox, but depending on the details of the data that Giant tracks, it might be pretty obvious if a badassbox is used by looking at the mph that is recorded. You could see that whenever the MPH gets to about 18 or so, it always suddenly cuts in half while cadence stays almost identical. That seems like it would be a dead giveaway.

Back