Total distance travelled discrepancy

that would be good. when I changed our tandem from a intuvia to a old nyon it showed all the miles fine on the webpage. but I did this before I had a purion on my commuter then went to kiox and then the nyon. but all the miles before the nyon don't show around 8000 miles.

Howdy @peterh_nz ---these are solid thoughts. eBC was designed as a very modular platform, so that perhaps a rider with a Kiox-equipped bike and a Nyon-equipped bike can use the same ride platform. Due to this, there is not a way to display specific bike distance on the app.

Theoretically, a rider with one bike and the eBC app should display the same distance on the app and the bike's drive unit. Though, I can see room for error when Bluetooth connection comes into play. I always refer to the display on my bike to get the exact mileage of the bike.

A rider has to have the eBC app paired and connected right out of the box for the platform to collect all miles. Perhaps if rider uses their eBike for multiple months before knowing or downloading eBC, there just isn't a way to recover that ride data prior to the app connection (to my knowledge).

I hope this makes sense--let me know what other questions you may have.
Thank you for the full explanation Stephen.

Just to clarify, when a single display is used on two different bikes are the rides on each bike merely appended to the one record set in EBC or are they assigned to separate record sets?

Regards

@peterh_nz As soon as I wrote this, I did some more digging--do not hold me to this, but there may actually be an update to the eBC app coming that will show overall DU odometer.
That is indeed good news.

Apart from the issue we're discussing here, I hope the somewhat schizophrenic mapping/routing component is updated.

I may post more on the latter on another on my OP threads to help diagnose and resolve the problem. I need to check an additional option scenario during a ride later today before I comment.

Cheers

Thank you for the full explanation Stephen.

Just to clarify, when a single display is used on two different bikes are the rides on each bike merely appended to the one record set in EBC or are they assigned to separate record sets?

Regards
all together. all my bikes are lumped together. now that my Nyon is on a new bike all the old info is still included.

An update on the discrepancy question.

Display Unit - 7,010 km
EBC - 6,940 km

So the difference has increased slightly since the last comparison without any trips being deleted.

I have noticed, however, that the Nyon21 has temporarily stopped recording a trip a few times. On one of those occasions I had a concurrent recording of trip using another app. That app recorded a complete trip.

Interesting but no big deal.

Peter

Interesting thread.

I have a discrepancy between my Nyon and eBC.

Last Friday, I updated the Nyon's software and downloaded the October 2021 maps. I then went for a ride of about 10k which the Nyon registered at the time, and I'm sure it updated the odometer's total, but when I looked the following day there had been no map drawn and the ride didn't register on the day's total. At the time I set off for the ride, I was sure that the downloads and updates had finished, but there was a warning message the following morning about it being dangerous to update the maps whilst riding. I wondered whether there was still some work going on behind the scenes that I was unaware of when I set off.
A couple of times previously I've had trouble with the Nyon synching with my phone. I suspect that's where the discrepancy lies. But, as per my photo, there's a 50 kilometre difference between the Nyon and eBC.

Attachments

• IMG_0952.JPG
    IMG_0952.JPG
    625.3 KB · Views: 171
I don't even worry about it often I cant get bosch to upload the ride that day unless I go on another ride. it usually updates fully the next day. also it may not show on the webpage right away. I have to refesh on my phone maybe a couple of times before the webpage updates.

I don't even worry about it often I cant get bosch to upload the ride that day unless I go on another ride. it usually updates fully the next day. also it may not show on the webpage right away. I have to refesh on my phone maybe a couple of times before the webpage updates.
What type of mobile do you use? Are you using a BT and/or Wi-Fi connection?

Iphone. I think its just the way the nyon uploads. it can say it has synced but it has not. I take a lot of rides in a day sometimes but its hard to get the last ride to upload till I ride again.

bluetooth. most of the time I cant get a wifi connection.

I use an Android phone. The Nyon has both Wi-Fi and BT permanently turned on. When I arrive home the Nyon quickly connects to the Wi-Fi access point 10 to 15m away. I wait for the syncing to be completed before turning the Nyon off and removing from the bike. With a couple of spurious exceptions this scenario has been very reliable.

When you are syncing via BT does your mobile phone remain close to the Nyon? At the time of syncing is your mobile phone connected to the internet via cellular data or Wi-Fi?

I use an Android phone. The Nyon has both Wi-Fi and BT permanently turned on. When I arrive home the Nyon quickly connects to the Wi-Fi access point 10 to 15m away. I wait for the syncing to be completed before turning the Nyon off and removing from the bike. With a couple of spurious exceptions this scenario has been very reliable.

When you are syncing via BT does your mobile phone remain close to the Nyon? At the time of syncing is your mobile phone connected to the internet via cellular data or Wi-Fi?
sometimes I want if it will connect to wifi then I just leave the nyon on till it turns off on its own. its just finicky about syncing. but I jump between two nyons sometimes several times a day.

This probably doesn’t have anything to do with it but my Trek has the Purion display, it is not tied into my phone in any way. I record most of my rides with Ride With GPS on my phone. I’ve messed around with phone GPS to know it’s reasonably accurate. The Purion display is about 2% to 3% to long on its distance compared to my phone and the speedometer is about 7% to 8% to fast on the Trek.

This probably doesn’t have anything to do with it but my Trek has the Purion display, it is not tied into my phone in any way. I record most of my rides with Ride With GPS on my phone. I’ve messed around with phone GPS to know it’s reasonably accurate. The Purion display is about 2% to 3% to long on its distance compared to my phone and the speedometer is about 7% to 8% to fast on the Trek.
thats typical of the purion.

My two Nyons do not match each other on rides…The variance is at least .5 miles on a 20 mile ride

My two Nyons do not match each other on rides…The variance is at least .5 miles on a 20 mile ride
I usually use those roadside speed traps to check the speed. maybe dial in the wheel size a bit, but whe nI went from purion to kiox none of the miles got uploaded only when i changed to the nyon did they start getting recorded. I lost about 8000 miles.

Maybe I’ll be able to find how to adjust the wheel size on the Nyon someday…On COBI it was easy to do as were a few other things. Wheel size just might be it…but I’m way less than impressed with the Nyon

Maybe I’ll be able to find how to adjust the wheel size on the Nyon someday…On COBI it was easy to do as were a few other things. Wheel size just might be it…but I’m way less than impressed with the Nyon
It’s really easy just go to settings and my ebike

Back