• YES

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Try it out

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Lenny

Today we got to demo a BMC Alpenchallenge AMP City LTD "talk about a long name :oops:" BUT WOW!!!

We're thinking about carrying these eBikes in the near future and wanted to see what the community thought of them since it's a big investment. These are not cheap eBikes with prices 5K+ buut they are defiantly built very, very well.

I can see the commuter bikes competing with Stormers ST1X very well in price and build quality. The question is has anyone else had any hands-on time with these premium eBikes? Hows the servicing, what kind of people would even be interested in something in this caliber.

Any other dealers or individuals have experience with these?

Here are some photos we took, you can really admire the clean lines.
SEE GALLERY
BMC GRN18.JPG

Really great to see this!
This is one of the lightest E-bikes at 35 lbs. Extremely agile Urban commuter.
I will be in Madison and will make the deposit tomorrow :)

I can see the commuter bikes competing with Stormers ST1X very well in price and build quality. The question is has anyone else had any hands-on time with these premium eBikes? Hows the servicing, what kind of people would even be interested in something in this caliber.

Kindly check with Rich or Spence if we can install a Rohloff or E-bike specific Nexus 5 internal gear hub on this.
Also, a sturdy rear rack would be great.

Really think these bikes are the wave of the future with Shimano E-8000 and the lightweight carbon frames. I think there are many folks that do not want to be challenged with lifting a 50lb + E-bike. This bike is in a weight class of its own and is very appealing. I see there are two model classes , the LTD and the BMC Alpenchalleng AMP Cross ONE, which is considerably less $, however does not have the E-8000 motor. I give them both a double thumbs up IMO! Would like to see you carry both the LTD and the One (which is more affordable).

I would like to add that the company is running a 2 week trial period to "try before you buy" for approx $300 dollars US. If you decide to purchase, they will apply that to the purchase price. I like this option for a bike at this price point.

Last edited:
I'm definitely interested in their commuter (City I think). I've been posting about my craving for a light commuter that would allow the rider to do most of the work and which will not offer resistance when pedaled past the cutoff or w/out assist. I'd much prefer a rear rack (can live without fenders I suppose). The stem on the City looks way too aggressive for me so would probably go for more of an upright ride. I also see the Yamaha Cross Connect as also a potential candidate for what I described. It looks like it maybe more suitable for commuting (vs the BMC City) prior to any modifications. But I bet the BMC has better specs (and of course the carbon frame) so maybe with some mods it would meet my requirements.

I find them unique and the reason is that b/c of their 35lb weight that 500wh pack will last much longer.
BUT the price is kind of high. Me and others would rather look at a Stromer with 983wh. Or R&M. Someone who has 5-6k to spend would not hesitate to spend another grand or 2 for best of the best.
IF they were at 3-3.5k they would be market disruptive but at 5k I don’t know.

I find them unique and the reason is that b/c of their 35lb weight that 500wh pack will last much longer.
BUT the price is kind of high. Me and others would rather look at a Stromer with 983wh. Or R&M. Someone who has 5-6k to spend would not hesitate to spend another grand or 2 for best of the best.
IF they were at 3-3.5k they would be market disruptive but at 5k I don’t know.

Is the Stromer a good comparison? I would think it weighs almost 2 Xs of the BMC. Completely 2 different bikes IMO, for the exception of them both being commuters. Yes, it would be great if the LTD models were 3-3.5k. The One models are approx at that price point. Would sell a lot faster.

Is the Stromer a good comparison? I would think it weighs almost 2 Xs of the BMC. Completely 2 different bikes IMO, for the exception of them both being commuters. Yes, it would be great if the LTD models were 3-3.5k. The One models are approx at that price point. Would sell a lot faster.
Yes different , but look at the new ST 3 LTD , that green beast is only 1k extra then the BMC.
They both take you from point A to B FAST and in style.
D
Why would someone want to ride anything else ?? The Omni gives you security, peace of mind and lots of features.
I am debating to upgrade to it myself.

Yes different , but look at the new ST 3 LTD , that green beast is only 1k extra then the BMC.
They both take you from point A to B FAST and in style.
D
Why would someone want to ride anything else ?? The Omni gives you security, peace of mind and lots of features.
I am debating to upgrade to it myself.

Yup, well said. The Stromer/w Omni is obviously state of the art in many ways. Just depends what you are looking for in the full package. My emphasis of choice right now is lightest weight+power+ speed+quality. The AMP ticks all of the boxes for the exception of the high price points. Perhaps another mfg will release a model with many of the same features in a more preferred price range. We shall see.

Back