Online companies vs the Established bike manufacturers

Then again in America a throttle is making people just have bike shaped mopeds. Cause a ebike is jsut another form of car.
And that's why we live in America... We are free to choose.
17593patriot.gif

Last edited:
You see in poland they are not allowed to have a throttle..
It is called the European Union. The UK might be different post Brexit.
This is also why they are restricted to 1 donkey power (250w)
It is the nominal power. The Peak Power of the Specialized 2.2 motor is 560 W mechanical (700 W electrical). The Specialized SL 1.1 motor is limited to 240 W but again Vado SL 5.0 only weighs 15 kg (33 lbs).

I can honestly say that I use my throttle strategically (mostly to protect my knees) for <15 seconds.
Because it is a hub-drive motor and you cannot use the derailleur properly?

Last edited:
I grew up putting 2 stroke motors on bicycles, so a throttle on an e bike made sense to me. Think Whizzer. :)

Ah, Gionni. Also tell me how many calories you burn and on what time and distance.

Ah, Gionni. Also tell me how many calories you burn and on what time and distance.
Read you one thought imbisil!
"For example when I ride my throttle equipped 750w Bafang BBSO2B on a typical 2 hour ride... I can honestly say that I use my throttle strategically (mostly to protect my knees) for <15 seconds."

When I first installed my throttle equipped 750w Bafang BBSO2B... I lost 10 lbs because I was able to ride longer and build my stamina.

So now let's see if you have the ability to learn something new.

edit: I have no need to log or publish statistics
Base info pulled from my display which is more than adequate for me is Average +/-12mph. Just about equal to before adding the motor. Only difference being my rides are longer.

Last edited:
When I first installed my throttle equipped 750w Bafang BBSO2B... I lost 10 lbs because I was able to ride longer and build my stamina.
I lost 36 lbs in the first two years of riding e-bikes.
For instance, my Sundays 100 km ride (4 h 23 min net) let me burn 1200 kcal.
My today's ride for 41 km (1 h 54 min) helped me burn 500 kcal.

My e-bikes are as good as use the internal pedalling power meter (which is, by the way, necessary for a mid-drive to operate), and the ride data are recorded and analysed. (Bafang cannot give you any data of this kind).

1650383058743.png

When I first joined the Forums, I was an obese man. Now, at least I'm proud of my legs, slim due to pedalling :)

I lost 36 lbs in the first two years of riding e-bikes.
For instance, my Sundays 100 km ride (4 h 23 min net) let me burn 1200 kcal.
My today's ride for 41 km (1 h 54 min) helped me burn 500 kcal.

My e-bikes are as good as use the internal pedalling power meter (which is, by the way, necessary for a mid-drive to operate), and the ride data are recorded and analysed. (Bafang cannot give you any data of this kind).

View attachment 120628
When I first joined the Forums, I was an obese man. Now, at least I'm proud of my legs, slim due to pedalling :)
And that's what we need to do... what is best for one's self
If I lost 36lbs I'd be admitted to a hospital for anorexia or suspected tape worm.
But again I ride for enjoyment as well as exercise and could care less about the details. I ride for as long as the other tasks of the day allow or until I'm too tired.

One example of my mindset... for a holiday I was gifted a Fitbit which monitors calories, steps, blah blah blah. I returned it to the store and put the money towards a gelato machine. In my opinion, a much better investment in my health as I can not survive without gelato and now I determine the fat/sugar per serving. That and it tastes better by 10 fold 😋

So though these statistics may help motivate the weak minded... I have no use for them.
For me the wattage being used at any given time which is what Bafang does provide and is all the information that I need.
Simple... Just do your best to keep motor wattage as low as possible by working as hard as comfortably possible.

Last edited:
Its nice to hear so many different viewpoints.

Going with a Vado 4.0 will mean I am good for the warranty period, but after that repairs can get costly, but probability of repair is less.
With something like a Priority current (which is equivalent to 5.0 IGH) I get a bike for half the price, but if something goes bad they will ship me a motor and links to youtube videos and I will have to DIY stuff.

Decisions decisions. Damn, this is harder than buying my truck. That was like

if (used_tundra_good_condition < 35K) { buy_used_tundra} else {buy used lexus GX}

haha

Its nice to hear so many different viewpoints.

Going with a Vado 4.0 will mean I am good for the warranty period, but after that repairs can get costly, but probability of repair is less.
With something like a Priority current (which is equivalent to 5.0 IGH) I get a bike for half the price, but if something goes bad they will ship me a motor and links to youtube videos and I will have to DIY stuff.

Decisions decisions. Damn, this is harder than buying my truck. That was like
I would expect the Vado motor to be quieter than the Priority Current, based on past comments I've read. As long as the Brose internal belt drive motor holds up, it could last a long time, and I read that Specialized will have parts for 10 years.

Back